Question? Stay home for $500? Or work for $750?

CJfrom619

With them cutting benefits down it got me thinking about the situation alot of people might be in...so I have a question?

Would you stay at home for $500? Or work a 40 hour week for $750? And if not what would the compensation have to be in order to work a full week?

Mash Ghasem

With them cutting benefits down it got me thinking about the situation alot of people might be in...so I have a question?

Would you stay at home for $500? Or work a 40 hour week for $750? And if not what would the compensation have to be in order to work a full week?
For some people, the question is more like "would you stay alive for $500, or risk a virus that will kill you for $750?"

Daisey77

Geez you don't have to be completely lazy. You could work a few hours. just enough to not affect your unemployment and make $750 for 10 hours
Post automatically merged:

For some people, the question is more like "would you stay alive for $500, or risk a virus that will kill you for $750?"

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Well if the question collect $750 doing uber or stay home and drive zero miles for $500 the awnser is clear... i'm better off with $350 no expenses than $900 doing uber.

$900 at about $7-12 an hour is 75-120 hours.

At 20 miles driven per hour that puts you in easily 1,500-2000 miles, at 10c a mile in gas that's $150-200 in gas.

So that $750 becomes $550. Now let's assume 15c a mile in whatever non gas expenses you can figure for, this puts the total expenses at 25c a mile.

1500 X .15 =$225
2000 X .25 = $500.

So to make that $750 i'm looking at somwhere in the neighborhood of $375-$700 in expenses. Leaving me with a profit of $50- $375 for 75-120 hours.

Yeah i'd rather have $350 for nothing than $750 doing uber....

LetsBeSmart

CJfrom619

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vehicle expenses alone negate the difference. I’ll be chillin.
Well Im talking profit obviously. $750 net.

Geez you don't have to be completely lazy. You could work a few hours. just enough to not affect your unemployment and make $750 for 10 hours

Well that option is not available in all states.

mbd

Offer 250$ a week, people will gladly take it.
500$ is like hitting lottery.
One time a lady asked me how much does a Uber driver make, and I told her that the driver can clear 1000$ a week. He might have to drive 50 hours, but he can clear 1000$ with no taxes taken out due to mileage deductions.
Lady said, oh my god, I make 450$ a week after taxes.

People who live in middle to lower neighborhood apts make 400/week.

LetsBeSmart

Offer 250$ a week, people will gladly take it.
500$ is like hitting lottery.
One time a lady asked me how much does a Uber driver make, and I told her that the driver can clear 1000$ a week. He might have to drive 50 hours, but he can clear 1000$ with no taxes taken out due to mileage deductions.
Lady said, oh my god, I make 450$ a week after taxes.
50 hours try 100 hours, ha ha ha................

Last edited:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Vehicle expenses alone negate the difference. I’ll be chillin.
Nearly every full-time driver in the TORONTO market parked their car and took off their insurance, and collected CERB (which is the equivalent of CARES/PUA in Canada. $2000 per month.)
This makes the ridehail gig reasonably profitable for the part-timers. A lot less drivers on the road. Customer-deman has been ramping up for weeks (Canada has Flattened it's curve, 99% of cases are out of the hospitals now, and is slowly in re-opening phase. People are definitely moving around on Ridehail.)

Gby

After expenses you made 200$ why not to get 500$

Trafficat

I consider work at least 3 times more annoying than sitting around doing nothing.

I would stay home for $300. If the government gave out a free $300, I would need a minimum of $900 per week to justify working.

If the government paid $500 per week, I would need a minimum of $1500 per week to justify working.

Last edited: