Question on UberX in Atlanta during the day

ubereng

Hey,

I have been driving UberX for a little more than 3 months, mainly at night on Thur thru Sat and sometimes Sun afternoon.

Is it worth my time to give driving during the day inside the perimeter in Atlanta a try? I am open to starting at 430 or 5 am if necessary and will even do outside the perimeter during the rush hour if that's where the riders are.

Any tips as to places to get riders during the day would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ubereng

PTCGUY

Hey,

I have been driving UberX for a little more than 3 months, mainly at night on Thur thru Sat and sometimes Sun afternoon.

Is it worth my time to give driving during the day inside the perimeter in Atlanta a try? I am open to starting at 430 or 5 am if necessary and will even do outside the perimeter during the rush hour if that's where the riders are.

Any tips as to places to get riders during the day would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ubereng
Sure, drive away. You will get rides. Trial and error is the most practical way to learn where to get your rides. Everyone goes through this at some point. Good Luck.

ChillySM

I only do weekdays 2-3 til 6-7 and longer on Sat. All day hours. Nights might make more but I have a low threshold for amateur drunks, as I'm more of a pro. Elusive surges may happen in Brookhaven/Emory/N Druid Hills/Dunwoody/Sandy Springs /Vinnings/Smyrna between 4:30 and 6:00 but they aren't worth chasing if you aren't already in the area when they hit. The only "real" $ I've found is airport runs from Kennesaw/Marietta.

Harleyfxdx1

Hey,

I have been driving UberX for a little more than 3 months, mainly at night on Thur thru Sat and sometimes Sun afternoon

Thanks,

ubereng
Goes to Johns Creek ... set airport destination and sit back wait for your pings. ... it's like printing money.

PTCGUY

Goes to Johns Creek ... set airport destination and sit back wait for your pings. ... it's like printing money.
Yep but drivers are too lazy to drive there. Plenty of money in Johns Creek.
Would you guys quit giving away the honey holes! Next thing I know you will be telling him to sit in downtown Johns Creek at the QT.

Last edited:

Reversoul

I had this idea as well. I'm curious has it worked for u? And by work I mean are u getting fares all the way to the airport? Or is it many fares on your way until you reach the chosen destination?

I'd like to set the destination to the airport and actually take a person in my area to that location.

The other day I set my destination to mansell rd from here in Woodstock because I wanted to do deliveries out there. I got 3 fares along the way until I reached my destination and even though I got multiple fares, I still had one more daily allotment of the filter. I thought it was cool that it kept feeding me fares until I got to Roswell.

But still curious if you get 1 long fare if you set the filter to the airport.

Harleyfxdx1

I had this idea as well. I'm curious has it worked for u? And by work I mean are u getting fares all the way to the airport? Or is it many fares on your way until you reach the chosen destination?

I'd like to set the destination to the airport and actually take a person in my area to that location.

The other day I set my destination to mansell rd from here in Woodstock because I wanted to do deliveries out there. I got 3 fares along the way until I reached my destination and even though I got multiple fares, I still had one more daily allotment of the filter. I thought it was cool that it kept feeding me fares until I got to Roswell.

But still curious if you get 1 long fare if you set the filter to the airport.
And here I was expecting a delivery here in Roswell ... it never showed up ... now I know why ... you were running destination pax instead of deliverits. (LMAO)

Reversoul

And here I was expecting a delivery here in Roswell ... it never showed up ... now I know why ... you were running destination pax instead of deliverits. (LMAO)
I've done that. Set the filter and not get a ping. Then I realize I still have my profile set to deliveries only.

Which reminds me, I need a profile that receives X trips only.