1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Question: if a passenger wants to get you as a driver again, what do you do?

Discussion in 'Licensed' started by FUber.Cab, Feb 20, 2017.

1. FUber.Cab

FUber.Cab New Member

Hi, new here!

I was just curious, if you get a good passenger what do you do to try to get that passenger to hire you again?

Do you just give them your cell number, or is there an app for that? how do you work out payment?

2. Uberislife

Uberislife Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Working out the payment? The oldest profession in the world.
    I am not very helpful, sorry.:(

3. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

Give them my number. Look for the meter app in your App Store. On iOS you can set one custom fare with the free version, with the paid version you can create unlimited custom fares.

4. Reaper216

Reaper216 New Member

Give them my number, got a couple people i drive off-uber now. One guy is 4 to 5 nights a week, he gives me 40 bucks every friday. One is 5 bucks a trip, doesnt matter if its around the corner or the other side of town (small town)

5. Darkhawk

Darkhawk Member

I would imagine that the step from Uber SUV/Black to having your own company isn't much more. Get legit and build your own regular customer base from Uber!

6. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I have 2 answers for you... depending on how you answer this one simple question.

do you have commercial insurance independent of James River/Uber? Do you have any and all necessary permits to be a towncar driver in the areas that you work?

If YES...
    1. Sign up for Square and you can accept credit payments.
    2. Hand out business cards with your personal Cell

If no...
    1. Hand out cards with your personal cell number.
    2. You can go to where they are hold your phone right next to theirs and have them request a ride. It might take 2-3 tries but have them keep requesting and canceling until they get you.

Trebor and Tr4vis Ka1anick like this.
  7. FUber.Cab

FUber.Cab New Member

Thanks for the response!

what would prevent the pax from just paying you in cash? is it just because of insurance?

This!

We're about to release an app that helps you do exactly that and we're looking for beta testers. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/FUberCab/wiki/driverguide if you're interested.

It's totally free.

Darkhawk likes this.
  8. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yes..

Most insurance policies won't cover you at all if your not booked on with uber.

You entire car could get pancaked by a drunk monster truck driver get pushed over a cliff by a T-rex and have a meteor land on it... and they won't cover a dime if anything happens.

If your doing commercial business without commercial insurance they won't cover you.

Commercial insurance is $1000s a year more than standard insurance.

Booked on with uber- million dollar insurance policy.
    Personal business- your personal insurance covers you
    Customer in car no uber trip- ZERO COVERAGE

But like I said, if you had the commercial insurance, and maybe local permits... you will be fine just charging cash or using a square.

9. Tippy711

Tippy711 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Just give him your phone number and have him call you. Tell him to pay cash. I've gotten six customers from Uber who go to the airport and pay me cash. It's cheaper for them and more for me. I even bought a receipt book to hand them receipts. Just watch out for the meteors and you'll be just fine. If anyone asks tell them you did the ride for free and they ripped you the fare. Cash is still king!

10. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    If you really want to get into building your own client base google dashride or find something similar.

The mears taxi driver did tell you the best advice though. You need to have commercial insurance and other applicable permits.

11. SansTalent

SansTalent Member

I will also ride the "get commercial insurance" bandwagon. It's 100% necessary and also 100% justified if you can get enough personal clients from Lyft/Uber. You can guess the pros, but the cons are also there. Substantially higher cost of insurance, more hours or scheduled hours each month to pay the additional cost offset for commercial insurance. Nicer/newer car, preferably large Escalade SUV or 5+ series BMW/Mercedes so that passengers desire to be in your car again and you can pay the additional costs thereafter. You basically lose a lot of flexibility that Uber/Lyft can provide a part-time driver, and turn it into a business with some serious responsibilities both fiscally, and morally. People depend on reliable rides and sometimes their livelihood may depend on it; one cannot and should not just blow off such responsibilities once agreed upon. One cannot be LATE, EVER! calculate an ample amount of time to arrive AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure and wait for the passenger to come out. These sound easy, but they are very difficult to duplicate over the course of several months and thousands of rides. Uber/Lyft absolves any such responsibility for the driver--that is true freedom and has its own benefits that should be considered.

Once I ask where they are flying in from, the passenger usually tells me how often they visit the city for work and just prior to dropping off the passenger, I will politely ask how the ride was--good/great--"Would you like me to pick you up on your return trip?"--"how is that done?"--Here is my card/phone number, please text me your flight information and I will text you back a confirmation if I want the fare; please text me your name now so I don't receive a blind text later on and ignore it"--Okay, thanks! See you soon.

Square reader with Apple/Android Pay is fantastic and passengers really like that for the ease of payment. Glympse is a great app to provide your passengers with a live location of your approach towards the pickup area and virtually eliminates any anxiety that you might be a no show.

Darkhawk likes this.
  12. SansTalent

SansTalent Member

If you go the ca$h route, make sure that you know the passengers' names and agree to a false relationship (Q: How do you know that individual?), agree to state that it was a free ride as friends if something was to happen. Then collect your payment at the end of the ride when everything was successful.

Please remember that the above actions are grounds for... INSURANCE FRAUD! for all parties involved. And insurance investigators are clever enough to state these facts to your rider.. to give you up as the lone individual responsible for all this mess.

You can look up how many people get caught which is fairly low, but the penalties are harsh. Now, you can decide if you want to keep doing what you do.

** The reason the insurance investigator even knows to go the direction that this *might* have been a paid-cash-ride is that most major rideshare platforms release information to your carriers when they verify that you have coverage or simply contribute the information to them. Another income stream for the rideshare platforms and good for insurance carriers as they don't have to payout as much.. WIN/WIN **

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  13. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Starting July 1st 2017 in the state of Florida

Not booking through uber as a driver is a misdemeanor charge on the states insurance regs, and the local government can $(*%& you with operating a taxi/towncar without a liscense.

Impounded car and none of the state protections will kick in so the locals can throw the book at you, and uber will be no help at all.

For orlando it's the misdemeanor state charges (including jail time for repeat offenses), plus up to $500 in local fees on top of E($**$ your state background check X years.

But this would amount to driving someone for profit with ZERO insurance coverage.

14. FUber.Cab

FUber.Cab New Member

do you have a link to this? I tried searching.

15. Loomis24

Loomis24 Active Member

Uzurv app.

16. Tequilasun52

Tequilasun52 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi! Sign up for UZURV to make advanced reservations with the Uber or Lyft driver of your choice. First 3 reservations are FREE :) https://uzurv.app.link/AljusrZH1C

17. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    You have to connect other laws into it. More than likely the first offense or 3 would be fines... they wouldn't throw the book at you until the 10th or if someone got injured and there was no insurance to cover them.

That the provision of rides for compensation which are not prearranged rides subjects the driver to the coverage requirements imposed under s. 324.032(1) and that failure to meet such coverage requirements subjects the TNC driver to penalties provided in s. 324.221, up to and including a misdemeanor of the second degree.d

This is the state law you are in violation of

(1)(a) A person who is either the owner or a lessee required to maintain insurance under s. 627.733(1)(b) and who operates one or more taxicabs, limousines, jitneys, or any other for-hire passenger transportation vehicles may prove financial responsibility by furnishing satisfactory evidence of holding a motor vehicle liability policy, but with minimum limits of $125,000/250,000/50,000.

This is the part of the law that points to what the penalty is
    (2) Any person who violates any other provision of this chapter for which no penalty is otherwise provided {there isnt} is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s.775.083.
    misdemeanor of the second degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/775.082
    (e) $500, when the conviction is of a misdemeanor of the second degree or a noncriminal violation.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/775.083
    (b) For a misdemeanor of the second degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days.

18. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

In my state accepting a ride off app could be a fine or they could take away your rideshare abilities. It is up to the discretion of a bureaucrat. My guess is that both are likely. Commercial insurance is not enough in my state. It would cause you to be covered in an accident but wouldn't get you off the hook for the legal penalties. Commercial insurance does not grant you taxi/livery privileges. It is necessary but not sufficient. Getting commercial insurance is easy. Getting taxi/livery privileges is basically impossible. I've even heard (rumors) that they might seize your car, probably under civil asset forfeiture, since the law does not specifically state that your car can be seized.

You can always give someone your phone number and be in the right place and time for them to ping you though.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  19. Loomis24

Loomis24 Active Member

That's what uzurv does! Puts you in the right place at the right time. When they request the ride you are in there driveway! Simple as that! End of story, your still using the ride-sharing app