Question from a new driver

Yesterday, I get to a location to pick up pax. I pull up, family is standing there with 4 pax plus a toddler and stroller. I refused the ride and explained to them that I cannot accept 5 people in my car because there are too many people and not enough seat belts for each person or a car seat for the child. I also said that they would need to request UXL to accomodate them. I am sure these people complained on me because I get an alert this morning that my rating took a hit. No, I was not rude while explaining. How do you handle this situation when it arises? also, Do I have the right to refuse a pax ( without repercussions) that has a child that clearly needs to be in a car seat ?

MaximusMurkimus

Yes, do not yield one bit to those type of pax. I accommodated too many people when I first started out and I soon realized it was a stupid thing to do.

These people will never call XL because they're so used to doormat drivers who will yield to their whining. Don't add to their list.

Personally I refuse to move unless children are buckled up in my car.

Bill Collector

Unless you "start the trip", you don't get rated by the pax. Accepting and starting the trip are different things. Did you start the trip before you noticed 5 pax? Also, if you drive XL, you can submit request to Uber to change to XL after the trip is over if there were more than four pax.