• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Question for UBER Black

KK2929

Does Uber do a deeper background check then for Uber-x & Uber -xl ?
Does it involve finger printing ?
Is the dress code suit and tie ?
What type of cars are allowed?
Please explain - thanks

VictorD

Before you worry about all that you'd better be certain Uber is still oboarding new Black accounts in your market.

And from what I'm seeing on Uber's Los Angeles page, you're SOL getting a black account in either L.A., or Orange County.

Cold Fusion

UberBLACK drivers in Los Angeles earn approximately $52,104 per year Gross
The average UberBLACK driver in Los Angeles driver earns about $16.70 per trip Gross and makes about 2 trips per hour ($33.04) Gross
Post automatically merged:

Does Uber do a deeper background check then for Uber-x & Uber -xl ?
Does it involve finger printing ?
Is the dress code suit and tie ?
What type of cars are allowed?
Please explain - thanks
LA forum may be more helpful

KK2929

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the input but I have no intentions in applying for Uber Black and they are not currently accepting in L.A.
I would like to have an Uber Black driver answer my question --- Is the background check different then the one done for Uber- X drivers ? Is fingerprinting involved.

Uber Black drivers -- where are you ???

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Thanks for the input but I have no intentions in applying for Uber Black and they are not currently accepting in L.A.
I would like to have an Uber Black driver answer my question --- Is the background check different then the one done for Uber- X drivers ? Is fingerprinting involved.

OK here's what you need to know before getting a car that's black eligible.

1. If black exists in your market it may not forever,

In orlando (plus other cities that escape me) they had uber black than demoted all the uber black drivers down to select with zero warning, gutting their pay by a wide margin

2. You may not be able to get on the platform, IE they permently closed it to new signups.

3. Your car can get demoted off uber black with no advanced warning, just because uber decides to

4. You won't get enough "uber black" trips to only do uber black, Drivers on it here in orlando don't see uber black very often at all. One guy i know, 99% of the uber pings he takes are XL/X.

To actually answer your question, yes the background checking process is different, in at least one market (Orlando)

In some markets actual town car services are on the uber platform, (Orlando being one i can think of) the company that i'm thinking of does do more in regards to background checks than uber does.

1. Interview in person
2. Eye/ vision exam
3. Driver/criminal record check

The dress code is in fact suit and tie (for the ONE towncar company i am thinking of)

However this is just for one black car service in one city, in one country.

LoveBC

Los Angeles answer.

yes the background check is deeper.

no fingerprints though.

CPUC can randomly drug test

There is no dress code but a driver should have enough self respect and sense to not show up and expect jeans and tshirt to be appropriate.

the car options are:

Suburban
Yukon XL
Navigator L
Expedition Platinum Max (2018 or later)
Cadillac XTS
Lincoln MKT
Lincoln Continental
Mercedes E Class
BMW 5 Series
and some others

Uberbrent

In the Dallas area, the background checks are the same. No fingerprints. No dress code. You have already seen the cars required....nothing more than 5 years old should be added and 4.85 or better rating is also required. Failure to maintain the rating removes you from the black/SUV platform and relegates you toX, XL, and select until the rating exceeds 4.85. Since you have to pay your own liability insurance, why would you not convert every passenger to a private client? To do so, it is usually easier if you dress like a professional driver. If you pick up a client that is a CEO of a company, there are expectations. You normally receive gratuities based on those expectations.

I drive Uber black and do not wear a suit or any collared shirts. I have a 4.98 and started getting more tips and private hire gigs since dressing this way than when I wore a suit. I live in LA, so this is appropriate attire for the clientele I pick up, Music moguls, producers, studio executives and stay at home wives :wink:

Attachments

Wolfgang Faust

I drive Uber black and do not wear a suit or any collared shirts. I have a 4.98 and started getting more tips and private hire gigs since dressing this way than when I wore a suit. I live in LA, so this is appropriate attire for the clientele I pick up, Music moguls, producers, studio executives and stay at home wives :wink:
👍
I drive black and SUV in PHX..black 501s or black shorts with black shirt.

KK2929

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
-------------------------
Ahhhh -- looking like a total stud from the neck down helps , also. 😄