1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Question for Multiple Platform Rideshare Gods

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Uberectile Dysfunction, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Uberectile Dysfunction

Uberectile Dysfunction

Driving:
    UberX
    I am assuming no one displays placards, signs, company logo or any type of trade dress, right? If you do, whats your method?

2. elelegido

elelegido

If you choose to do this, you MUST go incognito. No placards, signs, company logo, trade dress, license plate, and wear one of these at all times.

[​IMG]

3. Uberectile Dysfunction

Uberectile Dysfunction

Driving:
    UberX
    I was thinkin a flip sign, hit a button and the sign flips between logos lol

4. elelegido

elelegido

This comes up from time to time. The regulations state that you must display the trade dress of the company you are providing service under. There is nothing in the regs to say that you may not display the trade dress of a company you are not currently providing service for. Therefore, you can display Uber, Lyft and Sidecar all at once if you want; by doing this you satisfy the requirement to display the trade dress of whomever you're on a ride for. No need to swap logos.

5. Uberectile Dysfunction

Uberectile Dysfunction

Driving:
    UberX
    That makes sense, my only concern is the pax, confusion on pickup, as well as taddlers

6. elelegido

elelegido

I don't display any trade dress at all; never have. Only the very drunk have trouble identifying the car but they're ride denied anway by me.

7. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    ^ The master!

The big E could teach us folks a few things.
    :)

Why won't we listen..?
    :(

8. KofiTaxi

KofiTaxi

i have two clipboards. one has my U team stuff taped to it and the other has the other team's stuff taped to it. easy as pie to put the right clipboard on my dashboard depending on what service i am using.

9. Under NO conditions should you EVER display Uber or Lyft trade dress. Keep it in the glove compartment and flash it if you need to. There is no upside to displaying.
    Now you know.