• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Question For Los Angeles Drivers

matrix30

Hello Drivers!

I'm a uber driver in Michigan and I plan on moving to Los Angeles in October and I was wondering is it worth ubering in LA or should I just find a regular 9-5?
I see a bunch of complaints about pay and how it's not worth it. Do you find yourself driving too long/working to hard just make $100 while driving in LA? Are you considering just getting a regular job? Let's Talk!

Matt Uterak

Hello Drivers!

I'm a uber driver in Michigan and I plan on moving to Los Angeles in October and I was wondering is it worth ubering in LA or should I just find a regular 9-5?
I see a bunch of complaints about pay and how it's not worth it. Do you find yourself driving too long/working to hard just make $100 while driving in LA? Are you considering just getting a regular job? Let's Talk!
Per mile is about $.60 and time is a dime.

I wouldn’t drive for that. Plenty of $15-20/hr jobs in the LA metro area.

SFOspeedracer

Hello Drivers!

Find a regular job and do Uber as a means to get out of the house or fun money for no more than maybe 10 hours a week. In LA especially it is worthless and ridiculously saturated

Stugotz790

No matter where you live, the 9-5 job is always better than this crap. And why move here to LA? It’s hell on earth, and I was born and raised here. It truly sucks to live here and some of us need this crap gig to make ends meet because our real jobs don’t pay enough.

AuxCordTherapy

No matter where you live, the 9-5 job is always better than this crap. And why move here to LA? It’s hell on earth, and I was born and raised here. It truly sucks to live here and some of us need this crap gig to make ends meet because our real jobs don’t pay enough.
Nothing can be worse than living in DeToilet. But I agree LA sucks.

Korean Ant

Hello Drivers!

California probably is 10x more expensive than Michigan...unless u can make 10x more than what ur making in Michigan dont come...unless ur being hired by netflix or something...

Chocoholic

Having grown up outside Detroit, I'd say you're the same or better off in LA area, although I'd say to stay in the east side of the county or better, go to Orange County.

Did you all know that Detroit ranks 9th highest on the list of highest tax cities in the country? Nowhere in CA even makes the top 10.

After that, Detroit has higher crime rates, colder and crappier weather, and generally less appeal across the board. My vote is for SoCal!

If he were coming from somewhere else, It'd be a much harder decision and more likely to stay there.

AuxCordTherapy

I would choose LA over Detroit as well but that doesn’t much about LA ? Seattle, Portland, Denver, etc. There are much better cities in the country to live.
I’d steer clear of Portland for one reason only, culture. That place is like West Hollywood/Silverlake morphed into one. Nothing but pretentious hipsters. They have a slogan that they’re very proud of too, “Keep Portland weird.”

Chocoholic

Just make sure to check rental prices here before moving here. If you don't have another income other than ride share then you could easily end up living in your car. No joke.
He's absolutely right about that! If you hunt, you can find bargains, but plan on at least $1500/mo rent on an apartment that's acceptable. Or, $2500 if you want something nice or a nice location. Near the beach??? Forget it!