1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Question about waiting on pax

Discussion in 'Albuquerque' started by Patrick Woods, Sep 7, 2015.

1. So I have a question. You pick up a pax heading a mile up the road to the grocery store and they want you to wait for them to go inside and pick up a few things and take them back home afterwards. Do you wait for them 10 to 15 minutes or do you end the trip at the grocery store and have them re-enter a new pick up when they get done and wait for them to come back out.

2. cityjohn

cityjohn

If you do wait, leave the trip open. Just know that you'll make hardly any money doing so. Better to log back in and get a new rider.

3. frndthDuvel

frndthDuvel

Driving:
    UberX
    No win situation. Chances are if you end the ride and do not wait, they will rate you negatively. If you wait longer than 5-10 minutes you could be losing money depending upon the original trip. .

4. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind

Driving:
    Lyft
    Drive laps around the parking lot.
    They ****ing you? ****em back.

5. JimS

JimS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    At least you're in an area that is pretty busy. I'd ask them how long they expect. If it's less than 10 minutes, wait. If more, tell them that you need to be available for other riders and that you will stay until you get a ping. If you're not back, they can request another rider who should be available in xx minutes. If they start to complain, remind them that no taxi would sit and wait without the meter running.

6. It's totally up to you if you want to wait or not. If you know it's going to be a few minutes, I'd keep the app on but turn the engine off so you're still charging by the minute through the app.

Good luck!

7. JimS

JimS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Depends on if you are getting back to back pings. If not, I'll wait. If so, I just tell them that they can easily get a return ride. I go back online and wait there. If they are my next ping, cool. If not, better. Miles pay more than minutes.

Uber-Q-Driver and Tncluber like this.