Question about Uber Guarantee..

Uberdan128

image.jpg image.jpg Just wondering how EXACTLY the guarantee works. I've read the email and fine print multiple times, but I just wanna make sure I get this right.

Here's what I think I understand about the requirements (please correct me if I have anything wrong):

-you have to get the email in order to qualify (they only send to certain drivers apparently)
-your email lays out the requirements for that week (see pics attached for email I was sent this week)

So, based on this week's email, In order to qualify I need to do the following to hit $35/hr (during the guarantee hours):
-accept 90% of my requests
-complete an average of 2.2 trips per hour
-start 67% of my trips in SF
-complete 25% of my trips
(Please add any I completely missed)

Questions I have:
1. Do I need to be online a certain amount of hours total during the guarantee to qualify?
2. If not, do I need to be online the entirety of each block of guarantee hours? For example, if I was online at 5:15pm-2am on Friday, do I not qualify for Friday because I started 15min late?
3. Is there an average rating I need to maitain?
4. If I accept a ride, and which reason codes for canceling on the passsenger would NOT count against my acceptance rate or completion rate? I'm assuming "rider no show" but are there others?
5. Does each UberPool trip count for my Trips Per Hour?
6. Assuming I meet the guarantee for $35/hr, do I get $35/hour in flat out PAYMENT, or are there fees and such taken out after the $35/hr is applied.
7. In addition to #6, if I qualify for the Power Driver rewards and complete 100 rides in one week, will it apply the 20% bonus to my guarantee payout?
8. Last question: what qualifies as SF? Does SFO airport count? Daly City? I've had sometimes where I start a ride in SF, drop them off in Daly City, and then have a request in Daly City and I accept the new ride, will it count against the 67% in SF rule, and if I decline, will it count against my 90% acceptance rate?

Thanks in advance for your help! You guys are awesome at explaining things!

UberPartnerDennis

Only answer you need to know...whatever you do Screwber will find a way to bend you over and not pay you for it....I guarantee it

Uber-Doober

View attachment 29811 View attachment 29812 Just wondering how EXACTLY the guarantee works. I've read the email and fine print multiple times, but I just wanna make sure I get this right.

Here's what I think I understand about the requirements (please correct me if I have anything wrong):

-you have to get the email in order to qualify (they only send to certain drivers apparently)
-your email lays out the requirements for that week (see pics attached for email I was sent this week)

So, based on this week's email, In order to qualify I need to do the following to hit $35/hr (during the guarantee hours):

Questions I have:
1. Do I need to be online a certain amount of hours total during the guarantee to qualify?
2. If not, do I need to be online the entirety of each block of guarantee hours? For example, if I was online at 5:15pm-2am on Friday, do I not qualify for Friday because I started 15min late?
4. If I accept a ride, and which reason codes for canceling on the passsenger would NOT count against my acceptance rate or completion rate? I'm assuming "rider no show" but are there others?
6. Assuming I meet the guarantee for $35/hr, do I get $35/hour in flat out PAYMENT, or are there fees and such taken out after the $35/hr is applied.
7. In addition to #6, if I qualify for the Power Driver rewards and complete 100 rides in one week, will it apply the 20% bonus to my guarantee payout?
8. Last question: what qualifies as SF? Does SFO airport count? Daly City? I've had sometimes where I start a ride in SF, drop them off in Daly City, and then have a request in Daly City and I accept the new ride, will it count against the 67% in SF rule, and if I decline, will it count against my 90% acceptance rate?

^^^
How the (expletive redacted) do you figure in two-tenths of a trip?

Leo.

View attachment 29811 View attachment 29812 Just wondering how EXACTLY the guarantee works. I've read the email and fine print multiple times, but I just wanna make sure I get this right.

Questions I have:

When did you get this email if you don't mind me asking?

Leo.

The amount of hours can be from one to as many as you can achieve will qualify you as long as you meet their standards

You would get paid 8 hours and 45 minutes.

No average rating required

Rider no show after waiting 5 minutes, everything else will be used against you.

Yes each pool does count as a separate ride

Yes, this is a gross amount, meaning Uber will be taken either 20 or 25% out of those $35

This one I do not know

Declining would count against your acceptance rate. Although I am not certain on this one to my best understanding SF ends in South San Francisco. I would advice you to start using the drop off filter for your advantage.

Uberdan128

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The amount of hours can be from one to as many as you can achieve will qualify you as long as you meet their standards

Rider no show after waiting 5 minutes, everything else will be used against you.

Yes, this is a gross amount, meaning Uber will be taken either 20 or 25% out of those $35

This one I do not know

Declining would count against your acceptance rate. Although I am not certain on this one to my best understanding SF ends in South San Francisco. I would advice you to start using the drop off filter for your advantage.
Wow thanks for the in depth answer! Super helpful!

Last question: what you do you mean drop off filter? How would that help? Thanks again!

Dontmakemepullauonyou

Questions I have:

Good luck. Uber screwed me out of $130 or so in guarantees because I worked 36 hours in the guarantee window and all I needed was 1 trip per hour but somehow with uber math I only did 0.99 trips per hour average.

So getting that 2.2 trips per hour average uber is betting you won't.

RedoBeach

This one I do not know

Keep in mind something I think many Uber drivers are not aware of (yet) concerning this bonus...

Your average hourly rate calculated by Uber includes total gross fares per guaranteed block + safe ride fee / total hours per block.

Yep, that's right- that Safe Rides Fee that Uber supposedly charges the passenger separately from your fare and goes directly to Uber will count as part of your hourly income according to Uber math. (It's in the fine print of the email).

So when they pay you, they deduct 20% fee from that guaranteed amount, but when they use your hourly average for their own purposes they include their own earnings, not yours.

Welcome to Uber!! Best of luck to you.

Uberdan128

Good luck. Uber screwed me out of $130 or so in guarantees because I worked 36 hours in the guarantee window and all I needed was 1 trip per hour but somehow with uber math I only did 0.99 trips per hour average.

So getting that 2.2 trips per hour average uber is betting you won't.
I keep hearing this from other people, but I've hit my guarantee twice. I don't doubt that they've been screwing people, maybe I've just been lucky? 2.2 rides doesn't seem that hard when I'm accepting 100% of my requests which includes a lot of pool

Uberdan128

Keep in mind something I think many Uber drivers are not aware of (yet) concerning this bonus...

Your average hourly rate calculated by Uber includes total gross fares per guaranteed block + safe ride fee / total hours per block.

Yep, that's right- that Safe Rides Fee that Uber supposedly charges the passenger separately from your fare and goes directly to Uber will count as part of your hourly income according to Uber math. (It's in the fine print of the email).

So when they pay you, they deduct 20% fee from that guaranteed amount, but when they use your hourly average for their own purposes they include their own earnings, not yours.

Welcome to Uber!! Best of luck to you.
Ok I hear you that when they say "guarantee $35 an hour" I'm not actually pocketing $35/hr. Any idea what the final take home would be, assuming I hit the guarantee but not accounting for gas, wear and tear in my car, etc. (basically what would I actually get paid from uber per hour)?

Thanks for your help!

RedoBeach

I keep hearing this from other people, but I've hit my guarantee twice. I don't doubt that they've been screwing people, maybe I've just been lucky? 2.2 rides doesn't seem that hard when I'm accepting 100% of my requests which includes a lot of pool
That makes me happy to hear that! I hope they keep doing the ethical thing and paying you for your hard earned guarantee.

Unfortunately, for me, Uber stopped sending me pool requests 3 months ago, so it takes much more luck for me to meet the required number of rides with even the 100% acceptance. At first I thought my app was having a "glitch" until I found that other drivers have been experiencing the same and turned on my passenger app to see that my car "doesn't exist" when checking Uberpool request.

That's not to mention the fact that they have been using LA guaranteed hourly on my pay statement to calculate my SF fares as an SF driver. (LA hourly is about $10 less than SF). One would wonder how they can get away with that!

Give it time, Uber likes to ease new drivers into their corruption and Uber math tactics. In the meantime, get em for all you're worth!! :wink:

RedoBeach

Ok I hear you that when they say "guarantee $35 an hour" I'm not actually pocketing $35/hr. Any idea what the final take home would be, assuming I hit the guarantee but not accounting for gas, wear and tear in my car, etc. (basically what would I actually get paid from uber per hour)?

Thanks for your help!
I would say the easiest and quickest way to estimate your guaranteed hourly is by taking the rate (i.e.- $35/hour and deducting the 20-25% service fee from it). So for an older driver the net hourly on guaranteed fares is essentially $28/hr for a $35/hr guarantee.

My best advice is to continue with the guaranteed hourly as long as they appear to be accurately paying you for each hour driven and meeting the requirements. (Be sure to keep a log in your car for times logged on and off for your own reference).

If at anytime you feel you are not being paid out fairly on those hours, you can email support and prepare for a series of emails to get it resolved, or you can come back to UberPeople to find new methods to filling the gaps otherwise. I am sure you will find it is incredibly hard to predict income and hourly as a driver, but you most certainly can figure out best times and tricks to making the most of it. Right now, the power driver bonus for both uber and Lyft seems to be one of the easiest options for someone wanting to push full time hours.

Uberdan128

That makes me happy to hear that! I hope they keep doing the ethical thing and paying you for your hard earned guarantee.

Unfortunately, for me, Uber stopped sending me pool requests 3 months ago, so it takes much more luck for me to meet the required number of rides with even the 100% acceptance. At first I thought my app was having a "glitch" until I found that other drivers have been experiencing the same and turned on my passenger app to see that my car "doesn't exist" when checking Uberpool request.

That's not to mention the fact that they have been using LA guaranteed hourly on my pay statement to calculate my SF fares as an SF driver. (LA hourly is about $10 less than SF). One would wonder how they can get away with that!

Give it time, Uber likes to ease new drivers into their corruption and Uber math tactics. In the meantime, get em for all you're worth!! :wink:
Haha will do thanks! Appreciate the feedback and this is something I pla to keep an eye on (hence the post haha) thanks again!

Uberdan128

I would say the easiest and quickest way to estimate your guaranteed hourly is by taking the rate (i.e.- $35/hour and deducting the 20-25% service fee from it). So for an older driver the net hourly on guaranteed fares is essentially $28/hr for a $35/hr guarantee.

My best advice is to continue with the guaranteed hourly as long as they appear to be accurately paying you for each hour driven and meeting the requirements. (Be sure to keep a log in your car for times logged on and off for your own reference).

If at anytime you feel you are not being paid out fairly on those hours, you can email support and prepare for a series of emails to get it resolved, or you can come back to UberPeople to find new methods to filling the gaps otherwise. I am sure you will find it is incredibly hard to predict income and hourly as a driver, but you most certainly can figure out best times and tricks to making the most of it. Right now, the power driver bonus for both uber and Lyft seems to be one of the easiest options for someone wanting to push full time hours.
Cool thank for the info, appreciate the feedback. About the Driver bonus (at least 100 rides) I was wondering if that would be ON TOP of guarantee rates, assuming you hit requirements for both. Happen to know? I emailed uber promotions and they didn't answer that question directly.

RedoBeach

Haha will do thanks! Appreciate the feedback and this is something I pla to keep an eye on (hence the post haha) thanks again!
My pleasure and good luck! You're already ahead of 90% of the new drivers by looking into things and asking questions. Keep them in check and stay on top of your game and you'll be fine.

Leo.

Wow thanks for the in depth answer! Super helpful!

Last question: what you do you mean drop off filter? How would that help? Thanks again!
Sorry for the late response. If you aren't aware there is an option to have a final destination filter. Lets say you live in Oakland and you wish to take rides that only go to Oakland, you can adjust the app so it will only match you passengers going to that direction.

Now it isn't my job to describe whether this is moral or not, but let's say you are trying to get the 5pm to 7pm guarantee for $70 gross for two hours at $35. You take two different pools from 5pm to 6pm, the first one has 2 riders and the 2nd one 3 riders.

That's an average of 5 rides per hour, and say for some unknown reason nobody else pins you from 5 pm to 6pm that would mean you can still qualify for the two hours as you average 2.5 rides per hour.

But now imagine the former scenario, it's 5pm you have 5 rides and your last ride out of the 3 last pool passangers took you a few blocks away from ocean beach. In theory you could set a filter so only passengers going exactly to ocean beach will be able to request you, then chances are the amount of people going to will be very low and there's a high chance you can qualify for the guarantee and remain parked for the rest of the hour without burning your gas.

Uberdan128

Sorry for the late response. If you aren't aware there is an option to have a final destination filter. Lets say you live in Oakland and you wish to take rides that only go to Oakland, you can adjust the app so it will only match you passengers going to that direction.

Now it isn't my job to describe whether this is moral or not, but let's say you are trying to get the 5pm to 7pm guarantee for $70 gross for two hours at $35. You take two different pools from 5pm to 6pm, the first one has 2 riders and the 2nd one 3 riders.

That's an average of 5 rides per hour, and say for some unknown reason nobody else pins you from 5 pm to 6pm that would mean you can still qualify for the two hours as you average 2.5 rides per hour.

But now imagine the former scenario, it's 5pm you have 5 rides and your last ride out of the 3 last pool passangers took you a few blocks away from ocean beach. In theory you could set a filter so only passengers going exactly to ocean beach will be able to request you, then chances are the amount of people going to will be very low and there's a high chance you can qualify for the guarantee and remain parked for the rest of the hour without burning your gas.
Ah I see. Thanks for the tip!