Question about returning plates and insurance

Inshur

Slat90

I'm returning the plates and I owe 2 months of insurance but the insurance has a deposit of $1,000 what happens do they take the two months and give me back the rest. Second question when I return the plates do I get back any money from the DMV?

FuberNYC

I'm returning the plates and I owe 2 months of insurance but the insurance has a deposit of $1,000 what happens do they take the two months and give me back the rest. Second question when I return the plates do I get back any money from the DMV?
Best thing to do is to contact your insurance company, find out if they will reimburse the unused remaining, since every firm and brokers have different policies. DMV always refunds the remaining.
Are you leaving this field for good? Summer's been slow but we are only about 50 days before it starts picking up again

bigdreamslittlemoney

Best thing to do is to contact your insurance company, find out if they will reimburse the unused remaining, since every firm and brokers have different policies. DMV always refunds the remaining.
Are you leaving this field for good? Summer's been slow but we are only about 50 days before it starts picking up again
i think he is going to do yellow

Slat90

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks in will call tomorrow. I don't want to hurt my car anymore. The money is not worth. Uber killed taxi but at least in yellow we can find ways to choose or refuse certain trips. Uber you have to drive to the person, wait, drive them, dead miles and on rush our most times one trip can send you far enough that there is no more rush our and the pricing is just not worth it all.. It's math for kids.. If I want to make money I will hammer my car and spend that same money I made to fix it

jaybx17

Can someone PM me some places you can rent Yellow for a shift + time to be there and rate??. I would like to try it for a day.

FuberNYC

Thanks in will call tomorrow. I don't want to hurt my car anymore. The money is not worth. Uber killed taxi but at least in yellow we can find ways to choose or refuse certain trips. Uber you have to drive to the person, wait, drive them, dead miles and on rush our most times one trip can send you far enough that there is no more rush our and the pricing is just not worth it all.. It's math for kids.. If I want to make money I will hammer my car and spend that same money I made to fix it

Best of luck trying out yellow, try asking some of the yellow drivers here to see what you need to prepare in order to drive yellow

bigdreamslittlemoney

Facts. Always facts with you bro. I'll look into that and probably try in between my vacation time. Thanks
i try my best to present facts but fail sometimes. i would give you where i rented but it is not that good and only reason i drove with them was they give car at any schedule if you drove for a few weeks.

Last edited:

ubernyc

Best of luck trying out yellow, try asking some of the yellow drivers here to see what you need to prepare in order to drive yellow
Fuber he was a former yellow who fell into Uber black hole. He doesn't need advice or any basic stuff like that, maybe Nempire could add him to the yellow chat.

jaybx17 yea the one on mcguisness is always full with yellows. Not really far from me. Last yr during Ramadan, I wanted to drive yellow for a day and guess what..? All the yellows were taken lol.

Slat90

Thanks bro

Fuber he was a former yellow who fell into Uber black hole. He doesn't need advice or any basic stuff like that, maybe Nempire could add him to the yellow chat.

jaybx17 yea the one on mcguisness is always full with yellows. Not really far from me. Last yr during Ramadan, I wanted to drive yellow for a day and guess what..? All the yellows were taken lol.
The Mcguiness garage is full of yellows because they want you to give them 200 dollars deposit and they only pay your credit cards weekly that's why most people don't go to them

Mr. Affinito

Can someone PM me some places you can rent Yellow for a shift + time to be there and rate??. I would like to try it for a day.
Jay, I thought about it once upon a time, but you really gotta know the streets to do Yellow. One guy here made me laugh when he wrote: " a lot of FHV guys only rely on the app for directions. When a pax gets into your cab and gives you his destination, by the time you enter it into your GPS, I would have already been to the destination!" Some guys really know those streets, but I truly don't.

In the city, I could easily get to the numbered streets...but when you start throwing in those street names "Bond St" "McCauley Place" or giving me names of places like "Guggenheim Museum", I get completely lost !!

If you can do this yellow work, then you're amazing!

bigdreamslittlemoney

Jay, I thought about it once upon a time, but you really gotta know the streets to do Yellow. One guy here made me laugh when he wrote: " a lot of FHV guys only rely on the app for directions. When a pax gets into your cab and gives you his destination, by the time you enter it into your GPS, I would have already been to the destination!" Some guys really know those streets, but I truly don't.

In the city, I could easily get to the numbered streets...but when you start throwing in those street names "Bond St" "McCauley Place" or giving me names of places like "Guggenheim Museum", I get completely lost !!

it take about three months of regular driving to start to know Manhattan, about a year to get places in Brooklyn, downtown brooklyn, williamsburg, bushwick (a little) longer. but will learn in time. rest of the city you will only know parts but passengers will guide you if you need. some even appreciate your effort to ask. it has a learning curve. like everything else. yes when people shout off names it can be annoying like when people say take me to W hotel. first question is which one lol

Slat90

I drove yellow for a decade and now after 8 months of uber I feel like I will return to yellow stupid lol. I myself will have to catch up but guys don't forget I was forced to come to uber because yellow is extremely difficult now.. All the airports and OT font rideshare apps.

Jim1985

Few years ago Had someone new to the app once that didnt put a destination. She says i am going to 59pl in queens (she didnt know the actual address). I say ok you have a cross street for me. She goes its in between 59rd and 60th lane. I say midtown tunnel ok? Yes. I had no clue where this chick was going, i just thought it should be around 50 to 60st by maspeth middle village area. Once we got to the neighborhood she was directing me. Couldnt tell her i didnt know how to get there, my pride as a professional driver didnt let me, luckily she was nice about it. So yellow could be tough when you have to think on the spot lol

SpeedracerX

Welcome to the Yellow side Brothas!
Now is actually the best time cause it will be slow but it'll give you some time to learn the streets and airports and bridgestraffic tunnels !

Once school starts it will get extremely busy till summer time ...

Goto the Airport lots ...talk to the Cabbies there and get in a WhatsApp group !
Those are the only way to make money now by working together and helping out !

Unlike Fubers...Hacks are Willingly to help put and give out all the hot spots ....

Mcguiness garage in Greenpoint actually has good deals ....

Good Luck !

TheFixer1

DMV does not refund the remaining registration fees on a TLC registered vehicle.