Question about cancellation and confirm arrival

Crystal Clark

With uber the confirm arrival pops up right after I accept the ride. I'm new to uber so I wasnt sure, when I get a ride do I confirm arrival when I get there or when I'm on my way. I always confirm when I'm on my way so that when they cancel it charges them. But with lift it says confirm arrival then the countdown starts. What do you guys do. And how can I start getting paid for all these cancellations on lift. I'm halfway to the pick up and they cancel with no fee. Thanks for your help.

Crystal Clark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You dont get the blue confirm arrival that you swipe? I didn't know if I was suppose to confirm arrival as in I'm confirming I'm on my way. Or if I confirm arrival as I confirm when I get there. With uber the countdown starts when I get there, not when I swipe the confirm arrival button. If that makes sense

Rockocubs

You dont get the blue confirm arrival that you swipe? I didn't know if I was suppose to confirm arrival as in I'm confirming I'm on my way. Or if I confirm arrival as I confirm when I get there. With uber the countdown starts when I get there, not when I swipe the confirm arrival button. If that makes sense
No i don't wish i did like on lift, because i have gotten within a block and the countdown starts and stuck in in traffic and rider is being charged wait time before i get there, i tell them i can't control that but they aren't happy about it.

reg barclay

With uber the confirm arrival pops up right after I accept the ride. I'm new to uber so I wasnt sure, when I get a ride do I confirm arrival when I get there or when I'm on my way. I always confirm when I'm on my way so that when they cancel it charges them. But with lift it says confirm arrival then the countdown starts. What do you guys do. And how can I start getting paid for all these cancellations on lift. I'm halfway to the pick up and they cancel with no fee. Thanks for your help.
Don't confirm arrival while you're on the way. It makes no difference to whether or not you get a cancellation fee. Usually, when the app registers that you arrived at the riders location, it should change from 'Confirm Arrival' to 'Start Trip', so usually you shouldn't need to confirm arrival at all. Also, don't swipe "Start Trip' till everyone's in the car ready to go, there are a few reasons for this.

Above, I was talking about Uber. However with Lyft you do need to press 'Arrive', when you get to the pick up location, but again, you should only do it when you arrive, and pressing it while you're on the way will not change whether or not you get a cancellation fee. With Lyft also, don't press 'Pick Up' until they're in the car, ready to go.

Last edited:

Crystal Clark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok thanks. One more question. I went to a place and the rider had put in the wrong location. I called and told her to cancel the ride (because I wasnt going to pick her up 20 minutes from where I was) the countdown kept charging for wait time but they never canceled. So I canceled and wasnt paid anything for the cancellation. What should I push with uber to charge the rider a cancellation. When I pushed rider wasnt there it did not charge the rider.

Also, I've never seen wait time charged on lift. When I go to ride earnings it doesn't say wait time like it does with uber.

Rockocubs

Ok thanks. One more question. I went to a place and the rider had put in the wrong location. I called and told her to cancel the ride (because I wasnt going to pick her up 20 minutes from where I was) the countdown kept charging for wait time but they never canceled. So I canceled and wasnt paid anything for the cancellation. What should I push with uber to charge the rider a cancellation. When I pushed rider wasnt there it did not charge the rider.

Also, I've never seen wait time charged on lift. When I go to ride earnings it doesn't say wait time like it does with uber.
Wait the 5 minutes and cancel for no show

reg barclay

Wait the 5 minutes and cancel for no show
They said they pushed 'rider isn't there', which is the same as 'rider no show' (in my app there is no longer 'rider no show', it's been replaced by 'rider isn't there'), but yes I'm guessing they didn't wait 5 minutes.

I think with Lyft, you also need to attempt to call the rider, to get a no show fee.

UberBeemer

I have had some luck using the "Confirm arrival" by swiping it when I am a block or so away. This usually brings them toward their front door.

wk1102

You have to wait 5 minutes. 2 free minutes then 3 minutes of wait time). You'll be prompted to cancel, choose rider wasn't here.

Julescase

Sometimes the "confirm arrival" button shows up once you get to the pin, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why that is. So on the occasions where it does show up, slide it over once you've arrived at the pick up location .

AllGold

Sorry to be an ass but it's says "Confirm Arrival" not "Confirm You're On the Way". There's your answer.

Scott.Sul

They said they pushed 'rider isn't there', which is the same as 'rider no show' (in my app there is no longer 'rider no show', it's been replaced by 'rider isn't there'), but yes I'm guessing they didn't wait 5 minutes.

I think with Lyft, you also need to attempt to call the rider, to get a no show fee.
With Lyft, an "attempt" to call the rider isn't enough. Your call has to go through the Lyft system and actually connect with the pax phone.

Happened to me once when I attempted to call the pax three times and each time got connected to some Lyft system error message. Never got the cancel fee and Lyft support said I never called the pax... even when I provided screenshots of my calls (yes, all three). This was one of their three strikes. I no longer utilize my time and resources making money for Lyft.

CTK

Um, seriously. Does it make any sense at all to confirm arrival when you haven't arrived? C'mon ...