Quest is being doled out now

What do u think the fee will be? Also post yr guess. Don't cheat if u already know

• 25c

• 50c

• $1

• $1.25

• $1.50

• They'll round down non integer per mile/mins on all rides to cover 25c fee, netting us less than 25c

Results are only viewable after voting.

Strange Fruit

Each Pool pickup gets a flat fee gicen to us, no mention how much that is. So it's like Quest, but now X rides won't get any extra. And they'll be directing people to corners, as if enuff of u aholes don't stop at the corner as it is (if u aren't one of em, then I'm not calling you an ahole).
Will Quest be lowered even more now?
Why didn't they say what the flat fee amount is? Has anyone given Pool trips yet today?

180 days of hange has only decreased my earning. I have deep respect for this company's integrity. They have never let us down in expecting that if they say something will be good, we will definitely have to work longer with more miles, to make the same amount. I did get tipped yesterday, for a Monday ride, in which I was so annoyed by the ride I felt kind of bad. Some people tip just cuz they're nice people. It's not offsetting that drop in Quest money that happened exactly when tipping was implemented.

So what will come with this mysterious offering of extra money today? Even lower Boosts? Any predictions on the next thing that compensates for the extra pool money? Or is the flat fee 50c and they knew that wouldn't look good in print. So they left it vague like when they abnounced getting paid for wait time and it turned out it was the piddly minute rate. [email protected]@@@ u gonna tell someone ur paying them 11c or 16c to wait! So they just said "we're paying u to wait now" cuz that looks nicer.

Please Uber, make my cynicism look stupid this time.

Fuuuber

440F2575-E06E-440B-B596-DCB6F78240A2.jpeg
440F2575-E06E-440B-B596-DCB6F78240A2.jpeg

CrashiusClay

Strange,

Just about the time that the Tip Button was introduced, so was the "transparency of fares."

Many riders on X are paying more for their typical commutes (or travels).

There is less incentive to tip.

The same conundrum is occurring on Lyft.

Tips are down because fares are up.

Those with the monthly service packs, or whatever Boober is terming them, do not apply...because they were never going to tip.

Now, we have older tourists coming to town taking Lines and Pools. They are not tipping.

You know who tips? The old guy from Bayview with 35 years on the job, happy as shite not to take his standard three bus route. He slips me a ten like my Nanny used to slip me a silver dollar.

Strange Fruit

Strange,

Just about the time that the Tip Button was introduced, so was the "transparency of fares."

There is less incentive to tip.

The same conundrum is occurring on Lyft.

Tips are down because fares are up.

Those with the monthly service packs, or whatever Boober is terming them, do not apply...because they were never going to tip.

Now, we have older tourists coming to town taking Lines and Pools. They are not tipping.

You know who tips? The old guy from Bayview with 35 years on the job, happy as shite not to take his standard three bus route. He slips me a ten like my Nanny used to slip me a silver dollar.
This isn't about tipping, nor did I ever expect any tips. It's about the new Pool feature. The adding of tipping option was an example used for comparison in the speculation that I'm not supposed to be doing. The example shows that, just as I expected some kind of pay cut to come with the tipping option and was right, I expect one with this Pool feature.

I didn't edit or anything so my point probably wasn't clear.

NorCalPhil

Each Pool pickup gets a flat fee gicen to us, no mention how much that is. So it's like Quest, but now X rides won't get any extra. And they'll be directing people to corners, as if enuff of u aholes don't stop at the corner as it is (if u aren't one of em, then I'm not calling you an ahole).
Will Quest be lowered even more now?
Why didn't they say what the flat fee amount is? Has anyone given Pool trips yet today?

180 days of hange has only decreased my earning. I have deep respect for this company's integrity. They have never let us down in expecting that if they say something will be good, we will definitely have to work longer with more miles, to make the same amount. I did get tipped yesterday, for a Monday ride, in which I was so annoyed by the ride I felt kind of bad. Some people tip just cuz they're nice people. It's not offsetting that drop in Quest money that happened exactly when tipping was implemented.

So what will come with this mysterious offering of extra money today? Even lower Boosts? Any predictions on the next thing that compensates for the extra pool money? Or is the flat fee 50c and they knew that wouldn't look good in print. So they left it vague like when they abnounced getting paid for wait time and it turned out it was the piddly minute rate. Howda&%[email protected]!* u gonna tell someone ur paying them 11c or 16c to wait! So they just said "we're paying u to wait now" cuz that looks nicer.

Please Uber, make my cynicism look stupid this time.
I'll be the one to ask... wtf are you talking about? Did you get a memo? I didn't get a memo...

CrashiusClay

I did not get the memo either.

How many "Days of Change" are left?

The last will be, Drivers get X Rates for Poo.

Lyft just gave us six DFs per day.

Sniff. Sniff.

Shite smells like shite to me.

Whether from a bull; a goat; a monkey; a large dog; or a dancer.

Poo smells like poo.

These companies smell exactly the same.

uberhernder

My quest this week is crappy 80/$140 so im ignoring all pool. When I got the message this morning regarding pool flat fee, i got curious and took the next pool request just to see whats up.
Its paking BS, there was no flat fee and Fuber made more that I did..

Screenshot_20170920-135412.png

Strange Fruit

I'll be the one to ask... wtf are you talking about? Did you get a memo? I didn't get a memo...
Home screen memo in the app.

My quest this week is crappy 80/$140 so im ignoring all pool. When I got the message this morning regarding pool flat fee, i got curious and took the next pool request just to see whats up.
Its paking BS, there was no flat fee and Fuber made more that I did..

View attachment 160065
Why didn't u show us your pay? U showed us the two of three places that aren't relevant. Like, I'd have believed u anyways if u showed nothing. But then u went out of yr way to show something irrelvant, which is also just inches away from the relevant part on yr screen.

uberhernder

Home screen memo in the app.

Why didn't u show us your pay? U showed us the two of three places that aren't relevant. Like, I'd have believed u anyways if u showed nothing. But then u went out of yr way to show something irrelvant, which is also just inches away from the relevant part on yr screen.

I thought you'd be smart enough to deduct the uber fee from what the rider paid lol but anyway hereit is ...

Screenshot_20170920-140712.png

Strange Fruit

I thought you'd be smart enough to deduct the uber fee from what the rider paid lol but anyway hereit is ...

View attachment 160070
There's no way to do math on a Pool price. It's just some arbitrary number. What would I deduct when I don't know how much the two pool riders paid for their ride.

My memo says it takes effect immediately. So they messed up again. How are they so bad at programming and businessing and stuff? It's phenomenal.

a .6mile 3 minute ride was $8,44 the other day when I played with the rider app, even tho minimum fare is $7. That extra $1.44 is equivalent to an extra mile and half a minute over the minimum fare. Or half mile and about 4 minutes (which would be double the ride).

CrashiusClay

There's no way to do math on a Pool price. It's just some arbitrary number. What would I deduct when I don't know how much the two pool riders paid for their ride.

My memo says it takes effect immediately. So they messed up again. How are they so bad at programming and businessing and stuff? It's phenomenal.

a .6mile 3 minute ride was $8,44 the other day when I played with the rider app, even tho minimum fare is $7. That extra $1.44 is equivalent to an extra mile and half a minute over the minimum fare. Or half mile and about 4 minutes (which would be double the ride).

There is NO way to check your math.

What is the increase in Fare for a rider in Pacific Heights?

What is the decrease in Fare for the rider in the Bayview?

If only we had someone with knowledge of the "Internal Numbers," or "Metrics."

Rides are not Rate based.

Ratings are not merit based.

Activation/Deactivation is not reason based.

This is the Wild Wild West Bay!

Philbert

I have nothing on my home screen talking about this either. Maybe they are testing it on a few people first? I'm still gonna avoid Pool like the plague, unless maybe it's an extra $2 per pickup. But that will never happen.

Working and Driving

I got the memo, all 5 slides of it. Oddly, it quickly disappeared after I read it and now can't find it. I interpreted it say that we now get a pick up "fee" for each additional rider after the first. It did say effective immediately, but I'm still refusing all pools and don't expect this new "fee" to make much of a difference