• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Put away your Trade Dress before getting a Car Wash Membership!

Prayze

Went for a Carwash today (In and Out carwash on Sherman way)

Asked for their Monthly deals. Gave me $19 Monthly once a day Basic Machine Wash Deal W/ Free Self Vacuum (Do it yourself, No human hands). As soon as she noticed my Uber Trade Dress she said: Oh your an Uber Driver? Ok Its going to be $40 a Month and you can only come every 2 days. And if u got lucky and ended up paying reg price & they ever find out they revoke your monthly pass at any time.
Why the Uber hate for an auto wash with self vacuum ? To Conserve water? If thats the case why not just limit the days? Why the double charge?

Why should we should pay more for self service Car wash??

Something to think about next time you ask questions at the Car wash.

Jam Val

I have the same set-up here in NC and I figured I'd get screwed if they knew so I hide it. Side note: canceling my membership cause the owner parks in the only handicap spot and she isn't permitted to do so, she just wants to protect her precious Benz.

Older Chauffeur

I have the same set-up here in NC and I figured I'd get screwed if they knew so I hide it. Side note: canceling my membership cause the owner parks in the only handicap spot and she isn't permitted to do so, she just wants to protect her precious Benz.
I happen to have disabled parking privileges temporarily due to back surgery, plus have DP plates because my wife has a permanent disability. So it ticks me off when I see the reserved spots abused like this. I agree, drop a dime to your local police agency. I did it recently when I saw a cargo van parked for several days in the handicapped spot in a small strip mall. It was also parked in a sloppy manner so that it was angled over the area marked "no parking." I checked the next day and the van was cited for both violations, each with a fine of $323 for the first offense. It belongs to a restaurant owner in the strip mall, and is usually legally parked the infrequent times it is there. An expensive lesson for arrogance or stupidity. :cool:

Desert Driver

Went for a Carwash today (In and Out carwash on Sherman way)

Asked for their Monthly deals. Gave me $19 Monthly once a day Basic Machine Wash Deal W/ Free Self Vacuum (Do it yourself, No human hands). As soon as she noticed my Uber Trade Dress she said: Oh your an Uber Driver? Ok Its going to be $40 a Month and you can only come every 2 days. And if u got lucky and ended up paying reg price & they ever find out they revoke your monthly pass at any time.
Why the Uber hate for an auto wash with self vacuum ? To Conserve water? If thats the case why not just limit the days? Why the double charge?

Why should we should pay more for self service Car wash??

Something to think about next time you ask questions at the Car wash.
Why on earth are you displaying any TNC trade dress?

Another Uber Driver

It is your Civic Duty to drop dime on a Mercedes-Benz.........also BMW, Volvo, SAAB and especially Audi.

The car washes try to sell these memberships to people who will bother to come only once per week. When they become aware that you are hauling passengers for compensation, they are sure that you will visit more than once per week. Thus, you are getting more for your money, which they do not want.

JimS

Protest against Big Wash! Thought only Uber was the money grabbing thug.

Honestly, though, check to see if there is a difference between personal and fleet/commercial rates published.

itsablackmarket

I wouldn't pay a place like that a penny to scratch my car. I wash my car at home with quality microfiber products and when the car gets dusty I spend a total of $3.00 at a self serve wash bay to blow off the dirt with the pressure washer. First soap setting, then high pressure rinse, then spot free rinse and drive off. Nothing touches the paint. Knocks off 95% of dirt. I did today as a matter of fact. Haven't washed my car in a month and it looks like I just washed it.

Last edited:

sechax0r

There is a place in town that does a full vacuum, wash, hand dry, glass, tire dressing. $59 a month (normally the wash 9s $24). It is full serve, I drop it at the entrance, go in, make a keruig and wait for my car. I told them I do UBER and they are cool with it. I go in everyday, they know me and my preferences now, never complained about coming in daily.

Renaldow

I pay $19.95/mo at Washman USA and can wash my car multiple times a day if I'd like. They know I do Uber and have no problems.

merkurfan

I wouldn't pay a place like that a penny to scratch my car. I wash my car at home with quality microfiber products and when the car gets dusty I spend a total of $3.00 at a self serve wash bay to blow off the dirt with the pressure washer. First soap setting, then high pressure rinse, then spot free rinse and drive off. Nothing touches the paint. Knocks off 95% of dirt. I did today as a matter of fact. Haven't washed my car in a month and it looks like I just washed it.
seems like a lot of work for a car you are gonna uber in to the ground.

LEAFdriver

I happen to have disabled parking privileges temporarily due to back surgery, plus have DP plates because my wife has a permanent disability. So it ticks me off when I see the reserved spots abused like this. I agree, drop a dime to your local police agency. I did it recently when I saw a cargo van parked for several days in the handicapped spot in a small strip mall. It was also parked in a sloppy manner so that it was angled over the area marked "no parking." I checked the next day and the van was cited for both violations, each with a fine of $323 for the first offense. It belongs to a restaurant owner in the strip mall, and is usually legally parked the infrequent times it is there. An expensive lesson for arrogance or stupidity. :cool:
https://www.parkingmobility.com/volunteer Check out this app. :wink:

Choochie

Uber made a deal with the big car wash co in ma. We get reduced monthly rates and this car wash company has no restrictions - you can go everyday.
There is a place in town that does a full vacuum, wash, hand dry, glass, tire dressing. $59 a month (normally the wash 9s $24). It is full serve, I drop it at the entrance, go in, make a keruig and wait for my car. I told them I do UBER and they are cool with it. I go in everyday, they know me and my preferences now, never complained about coming in daily.
do you tip?