Punishment for Spreading 🤧 - RS/ Public

Should sick people be charged if they go out in public?

• Total voters

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Even if they are wearing a mask?
Uh oh I feel a thread move coming on.

Just saying 'forcing' people to be under house arrest is extreme. That is martial law time. Pretty sure nobody wants that. And with no positive test as well? Yeah, I prefer we don't go to THAT mode.
Sorry but martial law is almost certainly what it will take to convince the local yocals that this is more serious than all their conspiracy spreading radio hosts (and what ever that internet asswhipe that said all the parents were "crisis actors") or at the very least force them to stay home and stop spreading this shit.

UbaBrah

It's a gray area. My gf was at the CVS picking up medicine for her non-Corona illness and coughed into her elbow. She got a shitload of abuse from this one curmudgeonly old bat standing nearby. I had to step in and tell that battle axe to behave herself. People are turning on each other but really this whole situation has been mismanaged from the start. Too little too late from those in charge, as usual.

TCar

I think they should be force to spend 3 hours on the phone with uber help line trying to get a specific definition for "What is a service animal"
That would make them think twice.
Post automatically merged:

It's a gray area. My gf was at the CVS picking up medicine for her non-Corona illness and coughed into her elbow. She got a shitload of abuse from this one curmudgeonly old bat standing nearby. I had to step in and tell that battle axe to behave herself. People are turning on each other but really this whole situation has been mismanaged from the start. Too little too late from those in charge, as usual.
I hear you UbaBrah, but i am unsure of the perfect management style to be enacted in this novel situation.
Basically, "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" approach for now.

Mkang14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I say even allergies, stay home! Could be allergies with a side of Corona.

I've had allergies for 10 years and I still have a hard time telling if I'm sick or allergies. Went to the doctor months ago, $20 copay just to hear him say I have allergies. I could have swore it was something crazy 🤔

Point is you never know. Imagine if you're out and about with some symptoms and infect someone who dies.

waldowainthrop

Living in a city where people are remarkably irresponsible socially about “distancing”, my feeling is that the action has to be voluntary and nearly universal to be meaningful and effective. So punishments aren’t going to really force people to change their behavior.

So that’s a soft “no”.

SuzeCB

Anyone who has flu like symptoms (undiagnosed even) and still go out in public doing ride share, store, etc. should he charged. What should be the punishment?
And back in the late 80s to early 90s it was to test every single person and ship anyone, of any age, that came up positive for HIV to an island where they could all survive or die together, kinda the way they used to sequester people with leprosy.....

Really. There was a "movement" for this.

Nothing new here.

TemptingFate

And back in the late 80s to early 90s it was to test every single person and ship anyone, of any age, that came up positive for HIV to an island where they could all survive or die together, kinda the way they used to sequester people with leprosy.....

Really. There was a "movement" for this.

Nothing new here.
This was the strategy used in Cuba. It was relatively successful in containing an explosive outbreak of the epidemic but controversial because of the human rights violations.

Mkang14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everyone remember her? How many people did she unknowingly infect and how many died because of it 😐. She should have stayed indoors and away from others.
20200327_183933.jpg