Pump & Dump: Lyft is Suckering Everyone... Again

Carbuncle

No path to or strategy for profitability and constant opposition to any and all regulations that would actually help them get there.

How is it that so many people still fail to realize that the Goldman Sachs backed “gig” eCONomy is just another massive con bankrolled by many of the usual suspects and a prelude to the next economic crash?

How “innovative” can this technology be when all it’s fascilitating is a resurrection and implementation of every con humans have ever pulled? And what future can it have when absolutely no one will ever be able to trust it?

Every one of these “sharing” eCONomy companies will be following this model of pumping and dumping their stock. The only people who will benefit will be those on the inside and the ones wise enough to know this is only profitable as a short.
Post automatically merged:

No path to or strategy for profitability and constant opposition to any and all regulations that would actually help them get there.

How is it that so many people still fail to realize that the Goldman Sachs backed “gig” eCONomy is just another massive con bankrolled by many of the usual suspects and a prelude to the next economic crash?

How “innovative” can this technology be when all it’s fascilitating is a resurrection and implementation of every con humans have ever pulled? And what future can it have when absolutely no one will ever be able to trust it?

Every one of these “sharing” eCONomy companies will be following this model of pumping and dumping their stock. The only people who will benefit will be those on the inside and the ones wise enough to know this is only profitable as a short.
We absolutely deserve Trump as our Orange Julius. Liberals and conservatives and everyone in between consistently prove their “values” can be bought for a discounted POOL ride.

I’m almost willing to accept a Russian takeover at this point. At least then the weak will get annihilated rather than given free reign.

Woohaa

We absolutely deserve Trump as our Orange Julius. Liberals and conservatives and everyone in between consistently prove their “values” can be bought for a discounted POOL ride.

I’m almost willing to accept a Russian takeover at this point. At least then the weak will get annihilated rather than given free reign.
Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you,
may not be right for some. Everybody's got a special kind of story. Everybody finds a way to shine. It don't matter that you got
not alot. So what? They'll have theirs,
and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.
And together we'll be fine...

Carbuncle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you,
may not be right for some. Everybody's got a special kind of story. Everybody finds a way to shine. It don't matter that you got
not alot. So what? They'll have theirs,
and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.
And together we'll be fine...
??

Aerodrifting

It's funny people keep talking about this amazing "growth" in 2018 thinking Lyft will turn a profit, But they are too blind see Lyft's loss in 2018 also increased proportionally to its growth.

It's like you are selling products at a loss, The more you sell the more you lose.
-$1 x 1,000,000 = negative one million dollars
-1 x 1,000,000,000 = negative one billion dollars
You won't make money because you sell more products at a loss, You will only lose more money.

Also we already have an answer and accurate projection for Lyft at the end of their growth, It's called Uber.

LAWeasel

It's funny people keep talking about this amazing "growth" in 2018 thinking Lyft will turn a profit, But they are too blind see Lyft's loss in 2018 also increased proportionally to its growth.

It's like you are selling products at a loss, The more you sell the more you lose.
You won't make money because you sell more products at a loss, You will only lose more money.

Also we already have an answer and accurate projection for Lyft at the end of their growth, It's called Uber.
It is the same damn business / story as TSLA (also subsidized). The differences: Tesla can theoretically cut costs with increased production. Lyft can't.

yomomma

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Stupid people keeps rich people in business. The more stupids we have, the better for everyone; till they get any power.

Carbuncle

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Stupid people keeps rich people in business. The more stupids we have, the better for everyone; till they get any power.
Trump is a clear indication that the dummies have waaaaay too much power now.

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

Get rich from feeding zombies and one day they will dine on your flesh.

Carbuncle

20yearsdriving

Societal filler is needed to cushion the top

Trump is a clear indication that the dummies have waaaaay too much power now.

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

Get rich from feeding zombies and one day they will dine on your flesh.
The gig economy is actually very good ... for those who don’t practice it ... of actually gain from it

It’s like caging a bunch of coyotes and feeding them scraps

The wild coyotes have the prairie to themselves

UberIsAllFubared

Couldn't agree more. If these companies were serious about actually turning a profit, instead of just a pump and dump, they would be courting regulation. Let the regulators set the price point where it should be, let the regulators be viewed as the bad guys.

Grumpy Old Man

This is just so difficult to comprehend, it would compare with me working for a boss and instead of him paying me wages I paid him....and then him asking me if I wanted to work overtime.
The only winners are the customers...getting $5 rides for $2.

mature423

There is a clear path to profitability, they just don't want to say it. Right now rideshare is undercutting cabs and limo services. Trying to take chunks of their business, get people used to depending on rideshare. Then when small IQ drivers want to unionize like right now, they invest and wait for driverless cars. Same thing with cashiers, now you see self checkout and kiosks. It's not rocket science, people.

yomomma

There is a clear path to profitability, they just don't want to say it. Right now rideshare is undercutting cabs and limo services. Trying to take chunks of their business, get people used to depending on rideshare. Then when small IQ drivers want to unionize like right now, they invest and wait for driverless cars. Same thing with cashiers, now you see self checkout and kiosks. It's not rocket science, people.
Please share some of the drugs you are taking. You have to be a corporate shill.

Last edited:

LAWeasel

Couldn't agree more. If these companies were serious about actually turning a profit, instead of just a pump and dump, they would be courting regulation. Let the regulators set the price point where it should be, let the regulators be viewed as the bad guys.
Yes. It is odd. Usually companies of this size want regulation to raise the entry barrier for competitors. Facebook is begging for it now, and you don't see AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint complaining.