• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uberdriver_Orlando

I can't understand what is happening in our sad depressing market lately.

For the past few weeks things have been extremely screwed up with the method of receiving ride request.

I have been in the parking lot of cowboys, on the side road of gilt during the surges. ( which are now adjust non existent in Orlando ) & continue to get request in the heart of downtown. I don't want to drive 10 minutes to downtown then fight the morons that can't drive and take 20 minutes to explain to the fools that are requesting rides on Orange and wall street, that I cannot get to them. And if I am lucky enough to get then to my car, I get a ride 8 minutes to their destination.

Also, if you manage to get close enough to your ride where as you can cancel, good luck getting paid. First find a way to contact support to request being paid, then they send back a explanation of the cancellation policy with a cut and paste answer with the ticket marked resolved. Then uber has stop listing all your ride request on your app and partner dashboard.

We are independent contractors and they should list every request.

It's really a shame such a great opportunity has become such a horrible experience for the drivers.

Every single driver that is reading, commenting, and is registered on this site in the Orlando market needs to attempt to contact uber everyday requesting they stop capping the surge and start treating us with the respect the driver deserves.

We also need to find away to eliminate the disgraceful drivers that flood our market.

Mars Troll Number 4

Your not going to get surges in august..

And if you think this is bad now next month will get worse.

If i wasn't laid recovering from my cyborgization i STILL wouldn't be working this time of year.

Buckle in and kiss your savings goodbye.

Business just sucks this time of year, the UCF kids are out and there's too many drivers everywhere else. And getting pulled downtown is no surprise when there is no surge because no one wants to deal with that BS at 1X.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/tourist-season-is-over-orlando-dead.2950/
https://uberpeople.net/threads/just-so-everyone-knows-the-busy-season-in-orlando-is-ending.69698/#post-955098

Ok guys.. believe it or not... because I don't know if you all, especially the new drivers know...
THIS IS ORLANDO SPECIFIC

Orlando's business for taxis and Uber follows predetermined seasonal patterns.

Winter/early spring Convention Season is the best, we are currently in convention season and it will start to fall off. This is the best money of the year. When there is a convention in town business is booming, when there is no convention business sucks. When conventions are in town, everyone is partying on their company card and care little about how much anything costs.

Summer- believe it or not... this is NOT the best time of the year for Orlando, not even close. A lot of people are in town for vacations BUT BUT BUT... Locals also travel and go on vacation this time of year.

Uber is NOT the cheapest way to get from the Airport to Disney property and visa versa. The Disney magical express is. If you don't know what that is.... it's the complimentary (Free for them) service supplied to ALL guests staying on Disney property. While there is business in the tourist areas you also have a lot of families taking complementary shuttle services (Disney transport between parks ect.) There is also a LOT of advance bookings for Super shuttle, Mears shuttle, ect ect. If someone misses their shuttle on Mears property they will 99% hop in a taxi, same with universal.

August-September
The time of year I work 3 days a week (Friday Saturday and Sunday nights). I go on my annual vacation and I expect to live on savings. A lot of Mears drivers struggle this time of year, especially the new ones. There are always tons of cabs sitting empty on the lot and business still sucks, it always has and it probably always will. There is simply just nothing going on and the locals cant support all the drivers there are.

October-December- There's a lot of locals traveling this time of year as well as a lot of heavy drinking days, a lot of high end tourism Locals traveling for the holidays, Halloween Horror nights at Universal, ect.

You can predict business taking a crap this time of year from months or years out...

There's a busy season and there's a slow season.

Uberdriver_Orlando

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That doesn't explain why when I'm already at the hot spots, like Gilt, or cowboys, When surging and several minutes for an uber, I would get jerked away when already at the place request are being made.,

How about last night, August 12, 2017, between 2:20 a.m. & 2:45 a.m., 14-18 minutes for an uber x at cowboys and 1.7 surge. UBER Select 3 minutes. 1.7? ????? GET PUCKING REAL! NO WHERE DID THE SURGE PASS 1.7.

Better quality drivers, better quality people, band together slam the ( worst ever, un-human, robotic ) support system! MAKE SOME NOISE, DEMAND ANSWERS, ASK FOR HUMANS AND AMERICAN BASED WORKERS TO REVIEW SUPPORT TICKET.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::rolleyes:

2Cents

That doesn't explain why when I'm already at the hot spots, like Gilt, or cowboys, When surging and several minutes for an uber, I would get jerked away when already at the place request are being made.,

How about last night, August 12, 2017, between 2:20 a.m. & 2:45 a.m., 14-18 minutes for an uber x at cowboys and 1.7 surge. UBER Select 3 minutes. 1.7? ????? GET PUCKING REAL! NO WHERE DID THE SURGE PASS 1.7.

Better quality drivers, better quality people, band together slam the ( worst ever, un-human, robotic ) support system! MAKE SOME NOISE, DEMAND ANSWERS, ASK FOR HUMANS AND AMERICAN BASED WORKERS TO REVIEW SUPPORT TICKET.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies::oopsies:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::rolleyes:
That's exactly what it was it was 18 minutes for X and 3 for select. That is accurate. It then went to 1.5 , 3 minutes for X then the surge dissapeared.

unPat

looks like Uber lost to lyft after the tipping. Half of my lyft passengers joined last month and all of they seem to think lyft is cheaper. As for surge I haven't done Uber fridays and Saturday's for the past 2 months. Lyft prime time seems to be better. All I get with Uber is minimum or $5 fares.

Ubertimes

Uber created this great system for drivers to
Complain, that keeps them busy while Uber counts their big money!!
Where can you get people to work .50 cent a mile
And give Bottle water and snacks!
If you want better working conditions
Quit and find a better opportunity
Or start your own business!