1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Puke in my new car

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by patsfan1212, Sep 2, 2018.

1. patsfan1212

patsfan1212

Ok. Let’s skip dissecting the stupidity of spending my first day in my car doing Uber. So Saturday morning I pick up my new car. long story short I decided to Uber for a couple early evening hours. Start around 7. Do a few decent trips from the White Sox game with A drop off in Des Plaines. Figured I would head to Schaumburg/Barrington for the wrestling event in the area so I set the DF. Get a ride at Rosemont going to Schaumburg. Sweet! 3 people get in. Seem decent. Excited I had the AC cranked. As we are driving the window goes down. I find it strange that they want the 83 degree air coming in but I am annoyed. Approaching Elmhurst Rd and now the girl behind me has her head hanging out the window blowing her chunks. Really annoyed. So they want off the highway. As I am pulling off I am getting pulled over. Feel bad wasting their time but not that bad. Cop said I didn’t have my lights on. No ticket but he made us sit there for 6-7 minutes. I must’ve hit the switch accidentally with all the excitement. So I drop them off. The Uber account holder gives me $25 cash and says nothing for on the interior it was all exterior on the window. So I pull away from their complex and pull into a gas station. Chunks all over the outside and inside. Night over. Can’t deive with puke ALL over the back driver side door AND the interior had pieces all over the seat belt and door. Pictures below. I have 6 more interior pictures.

So I am torn. He gave me $25. I got pulled over and they could complain to Uber for this. But I missed out of the Schaumburg surge and spent this morning cleaning the mess.

What would you do?

And maybe he just read this...added another $5 thru the app

Attached Files:

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. xcnco

xcnco

Double dip. Lol say it got in the inside of the window. If you puke in someone's car you deserve to get fined

Z129, Solid 5 and Rj312 like this.
  3. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    How did you get your car approved so fast, it usually takes a few days, secondly HECK YEAH GO AFTER THE MONEY! it was surging $40 extra per ride in Barrington, you didn't make another penny cuz of them.

Solid 5 likes this.
  4. patsfan1212

patsfan1212

Already been driving with Uber for 8-9 months. Was abusing my old car before trade in. Now that I have gotten used to bringing in some extra cash I decided to keep going. So I went in and got the inspection and they pushed it right thru. Said it would take 30 minutes so I went down North Ave to the burger bar and before my burger hit the table I was active again

5. 80sDude

80sDude

What 25 ? Come on man..think.

HotUberMess likes this.
  6. 2015fit

2015fit

Cleaning fee 200 (expletive deleted) them cause they sure (expletive deleted) u

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2018
    xcnco, Nu1, Solid 5 and 2 others like this.
  7. patsfan1212

patsfan1212

I knew what the consensus was. My concern was the pull over. He will probably come back with “but he got pulled over and we felt unsafe” bull****

8. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope, he's already rated and tipped you, if he does make that claim now it'll just sound like he's doing it to be Petty.

9. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Ant Of The Year

Don’t try and recoup any of that $150 cleaning fee because surely they will report you. :rolleyes:

tohunt4me, emdeplam and Rj312 like this.
  10. LoveTheBlues

LoveTheBlues

Driving:
    UberX
    You're going to take some heat on this one. :eek: Don't know if you're a rookie or not but you made a lot of rookie mistakes here. No need to list them as you have and / or will hear all about them. Try to remember that there are people on here that feel for you though.

Pusher and 80sDude like this.
  11. If I was you, I would never effin ever let some pax get into my new car.

Solid 5 and lmwzwwj like this.
  12. headshot

headshot

Did you get pulled over? Where’s the ticket? “I didn’t get pulled over. These people were drunk, as you can see from the vomit.”

You didn’t get pulled over. You pulled over to let the rider vomit.

13. lmwzwwj

lmwzwwj

Its a win-win-win situation and let me explain.
    1) You earned the fare from Rosemont to Schaumburg and extra $25. Not to mention you avoided the ticket.

2) Pax are happy cuz how many riders can proudly say that they have puked in a new car. That's something to brag about.

3) Uber gets their 25% commissions and didn't have to pay more for your brand new car.

Stop complaining and be a good ant

Pusher likes this.
  14. patsfan1212

patsfan1212

Man. Some of you guys are like a bunch of babies. Trying to poke holes in stories. You would make someone a good wife. She pooped out the window on the window as you can see from the pictures. 60 seconds later I got pulled over. As I said in the original post, he let me go. Meaning I didn’t get a ticket. Meaning I can’t show you a ticket. He took my license went back to his car while I was retrieving my insurance. Before I even showed him my insurance card he said I was all set to go.

To the guy that is trying to recruit people for this forum. It’s a tough crowd. People might come and read posts but whatever you post on here you get attacked.

I debated even asking the question. I knew what most of you opportunistic drivers would do. It’s just that he made an attempt. He gave me 30 bucks to clean up the mess. It’s not like he got out and said (expletive deleted) you. He was very apologetic and felt bad.

15. Pusher

Pusher

Driving:
    UberX
    DO YOU HAVE A DASH CAM?

Are you driving without one?

If you have one it’s all on the card —>> Pax Puking , Pull over no Ticket.

Collect the money for cleaning fee, the only way they learn is through the pocket. Maybe next time they will give you/or me/ or someone else a heads up before blowing chunks. You missed out on the Sears Center Surge last night where $25 even $30 was a short ride down the street to the Marriot..

Within those attacks and criticism is valuable advice, this is a break room of sorts and in break rooms across the board you get your balls busted..

Ball busting is the best form of not only blowing off steam, but also some of the best ways to learn from those who came before you. Have you ever worked in the trades?

Welcome to the boards Patsfan

NoPooPool and tohunt4me like this.
  16. xcnco

xcnco

Bro cops will give 2 craps about dash cam footage.

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. Its NOT NEW ANYMORE !

emdeplam, NoPooPool, OP-Matt and 2 others like this.
  18. Pusher

Pusher

Driving:
    UberX
    It more for the green light if it came back down to it.

The way the story played out he got pulled over just after the Pax puked.. the cop on a fast walk around already noticed the puke on the side of the car and windows. Said to him/herself no foul done with the lights and was probably shaking his head why someone was driving their new car straight off the lot for Uber.

Again collect the fee it doesn’t matter that the Pax “felt bad” or even threw you a small bone. It’s the principle that these people think that once they open the door to your car all standards and norms go by the wayside. This guy lost a whole nights worth of revenue. He was headed to the hottest spot of the night and would have done much better than an additional $30.

19. Sooooo
    You were pulled over for DRIVING UNSAFELY !

Perhaps it will benefit you in this case to leave it be.

20. Z129

Z129 Moderator

Submit the claim for the cleaning fee. Like tohunt4metohunt4me said above... It's not new anymore! And the account holder needs to pay for that fact. At least they got most of it on the outside.

NoPooPool and SatMan like this.