• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Publix

mhhickma

PAX mentioned that Publix is using UBER for their grocery delivery program. New program for now. Anybody have any details on this?

Valboski35

Pax are mis-informed. The company is called shipt. It's a grocery delivery service like uber (all app based on demand service), but it is not uber affiliated

mhhickma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. Thanks. So do you apply to shipt or do they just request uber like everyone else?

Altima ATL

I know Publix was looking into that several years ago - when all thought that 'webvan.com' (remember them?) was going to be successful.

Valboski35

It's a membership service ( I think 99 bucks per year) and the user pays a markup on food items as well. User fills a time slot they want to receiver their stuff and shipt delegates those orders to the purchaser.

Purchaser receives a 15 dollar flat rate or 7.5% of the tab, whatever is higher. My wife just got hired on with them...

mhhickma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's great info. Does the shopper also do the delivery? For $15 or 7.6%? Or is it $15 for the shopping and than pass onto a driver for delivery?

I was thinking of doing it as well?

Valboski35

Yes the purchaser, shops in the store for the requested items and uses their vehicle to deliver to the customers house. Shopping and delivery make up the $15/7.5% earnings for the purchaser

iMakeTheMaps

Has anyone else signed up for this? I am thinking of doing this now that I am bailing on Uber/Lyft.

I'd like to find out some more info on how it's been going for anyone doing it.

Chisox1125

There are better side gigs out there as long as you not a harden criminal. Still on the driving side but more money.

iMakeTheMaps

I'm sure that is the case, but I need maximum flexibility as I already have a 9-5 and own a small business I run out of my house. If I can just pop on for a few hours weekend mornings or an occasional evening to grab a couple orders it might be okay.

Chisox1125

Just finished the last step before I start with the company, gotta finalize my paper work with them and then I should start saturday

combatbaby

I have been working for Shipt just under two months and quite frankly I love it. The money is definitely there despite the pay scale adjustment that others are not so fond of. Let's just say I forgot that Uber and Lyft even existed, I haven't given a ride in over three weeks and am only planning on giving one or two here to remain active within the system. Last I heard, Shipt put a hold on hiring in the Tampa area but Sarasota/Bradenton will be launching this week so you could definitely get your foot in the door there. I know a few people are checking out Grubroll, you might be interested in submitting an app there, too.

-A

iMakeTheMaps

I have been working for Shipt just under two months and quite frankly I love it. The money is definitely there despite the pay scale adjustment that others are not so fond of. Let's just say I forgot that Uber and Lyft even existed, I haven't given a ride in over three weeks and am only planning on giving one or two here to remain active within the system. Last I heard, Shipt put a hold on hiring in the Tampa area but Sarasota/Bradenton will be launching this week so you could definitely get your foot in the door there. I know a few people are checking out Grubroll, you might be interested in submitting an app there, too.

-A
Thanks -- Bradenton/Sarasota is too far for me, I hadn't heard of GrubRoll, maybe I'll look into that one.

JimS

-A
So what is the new pay scale? They are starting up in Savannah and it may be an interesting side job. Are they partnered with specific grocery stores? Can the requester tip? Do you get pinged?

The name "Shipt" is awful.

With all possible words in the entire world dictionaries and languages, why the one that resembles sh*t and sound like sh*t?!!!
Especially when you're talking FOOD!

UberXTampa

So what is the new pay scale? They are starting up in Savannah and it may be an interesting side job. Are they partnered with specific grocery stores? Can the requester tip? Do you get pinged?

Especially when you're talking FOOD!
Right. Exactly my point!

The fistbumps kept me away from Lyft for almost a year until I realized you don;t have to fist bump.

Now imagine this:

person#1: "I no longer do grocery shopping!"

person#2: "then, how do you get your groceries?"

person#1: "I use sh*t instead!"