public liability insurance

Ben Hall

I copied this from the operator accreditation form of which ride share drivers have to complete.

In accordance with Regulation 9(1)(v) of the Passenger Transport Regulations 2009, all passenger vehicle operators, including taxi operators, require a minimum of $5 million Public Liability Insurance, issued by an insurance company incorporated in Australia. The Insurance must be current at all times throughout the accreditation period. Public Liability Insurance is required before your application can be accepted. Please provide a copy of your Insurance Policy which covers you for the compulsory $5 million Public Liability Insurance. Please note, if you have public liability under your booking agency, then evidence which details your name or company is required

However this coverage is seems impossible to obtain.

Can anyone help?

Ben Hall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear (my name)

New regulations that cover ridesharing in South Australia have come into effect. This official recognition of the ridesharing industry, and its place in our city, is a result of the great service provided to the people of Adelaide every day.

As the new regulations come into effect, we wanted to help you access the right information you need to understand what this means for you. The Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) has developed this web page explaining the new processes and how to work with them.

We will continue to work with DPTI to make this process as easy as possible for you and will keep you updated on progress around this as it comes to hand. As you can imagine, the volume of enquiries they will be managing could mean there are some delays so we thank you for your patience.

If you want to contact DPTI directly to ask them questions on the new regulations, you can reach them on 7109 8117 or at[email protected]. You can also visit the Accreditation and Licensing Centre in person at 71 Richmond Rd, Mile End.

Thank you for your support and for keeping Adelaide moving.

Tom White

General Manager, Uber Adelaide

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transp...r-transport/driver-and-operator-accreditation

UberNow, Wednesday at 12:11 AM

They should be able to assist drivers with their insurance requirements but so far it seems they are no help

vanman79

No chance is what I was told by a very reputable insurance provider that does scv/taxi maybe Sa government isn't that dumb .legalise it but make it impossible to get accredited. Sit back & collect the fines $$$$$$

vanman79

I just renewed my public liability insurance for my delivery business. It's with same broker your mentioned benhall re uberx insurance. They said they are working on it BUT as yet no one is willing to give ridesharing public liability a go . Intresting to see if any drivers have gotten the accreditation then? If I find out more will post it here

Ben Hall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
th
I just renewed my public liability insurance for my delivery business. It's with same broker your mentioned benhall re uberx insurance. They said they are working on it BUT as yet no one is willing to give ridesharing public liability a go . Intresting to see if any drivers have gotten the accreditation then? If I find out more will post it here
thanks for the update