PUA Process

PioneerXi

The system came on line at 0530 this morning.

Time to complete, about 20 minutes. This was about 10 minutes longer than needed as I couldn’t get one of the menus to accept a document number, and I had to search through a poor menu paging system to find a category which correlated with rideshare/tnc driver. Not finding it I selected driver/personal services. They also requested what other work are you qualified to perform.

Gross earnings for the prior year was requested. Reason for not working and the counties I drive in were requested.

Approved.

On approval page is a blurb to upload a resume, register at Cal jobs, etc.

On second last page item requests how you wish to communicate. Blurb reads on line is faster, but if you want mailed documents, you may experience a delay.

mlkmade

How long did it take to get approval once submitted? I just submitted 5 minutes ago and got my claim #.

Andrew Philip

I can’t find the pua application. Where is it In Edd? Or is it the same ui application just with different sets of options ?

Andrew Philip

What did you put in as section 4, work type? Can’t get passed that . That same page does ask if I am self employed so yeah I clicked that , and then it asked if I’m ready and willing to accept a job that matches my skills, if offered a job would I accept it ? I chose yes. But yeah how to get past add work type and where to put net earnings ?

jawjaw

I need to do this today. When asked for earnings are you putting in your uber/lyft total before any of their fees and cut of the fares?

Andrew Philip

Just applied . At the end it asked for net earnings if self employed. There were a bunch of new menus and options I never seen in ui before when I applied in late March. I’m hoping for the best . Double checked everything before submitting. When will we know we are accepted ?

Hanool

How long did it take to get approval once submitted? I just submitted 5 minutes ago and got my claim #.
Just applied . At the end it asked for net earnings if self employed. There were a bunch of new menus and options I never seen in ui before when I applied in late March. I’m hoping for the best . Double checked everything before submitting. When will we know we are accepted ?
Probably within 2 working days per EDD website;
"Typically, it will take about a week after you certify before you receive your first benefit payment. If you are eligible for benefits, you may receive your first PUA payment in about two days if you have an existing EDD Debit CardSM (and there are no issues that require a further review of eligibility). New debit cards and checks are mailed within four to seven days. Once you activate the card you can track, use, and transfer your benefit payments.

Certifying may not needed to get your benefit;
Based on the persistent inability of claimants to access the UI OnlineSM system during this time period, if your UI benefit certification form has dates for weeks ending March 14 through May 9, you do not need to certify or recertify for UI payments. For these weeks, this means:
  • After you initiate your UI claim and are determined eligible, you do not need to provide any certification for your first benefit payment or continuing biweekly payments.
  • You will automatically receive your benefits, unless you have an existing disqualification or pending issue.
  • You will be required to provide information to the EDD if you worked during any of these weeks.
  • The failure to provide the EDD with information that you worked during these weeks may result in an overpayment that the EDD must later recover.
Inform the EDD if you work during these weeks through Ask EDD by selecting Unemployment Insurance Benefits, then Payments, and then EDD Paid Me and I Returned to Work, Need to Report Wages.
We will contact you at a later time with instructions on how to provide retroactive certifications for this time period, including answering a series of eligibility questions.

Most questions we might have already answered in PUA FAQ in link below;

I need to do this today. When asked for earnings are you putting in your uber/lyft total before any of their fees and cut of the fares?
I have filed around 8:30 am and application asked for the NET EARNINGS. My understanding to this is your final Profit/Loss after Uber/Lyft fees, mileage deduction, and all other expenses. The schedule C, line 31 on income tax return form 1040.
I have not filed 2019 income tax yet, but I reference 2018 tax return, schedule C to figure the amount. And I will use this amount to file 2019 income tax.

According to EDD website you will get maximum of $450 per week if you earned more than $17,368 in 2019;

In order to provide benefits as quickly as possible, payments will be issued in phases. If you qualify for PUA, and depending on the effective date of your PUA claim, the initial payments you will receive are as follows:
  • Phase 1
    $167 per week for each week you were unemployed from February 2, 2020 to March 28, 2020 due to a COVID-19 related reason.
  • Phase 2
    $167 plus $600 per week for each week you were unemployed from March 29, 2020 to July 25, 2020, due to a COVID-19 related reason.
  • Phase 3
    $167 per week, for each week from July 26, 2020 to December 26, 2020, that you are unemployed due to a COVID-19 related reason, up to a total of 39 weeks (minus any weeks of regular UI and certain extended UI benefits that you have received).
Note: If you qualify for your claim to be backdated to an earlier PUA effective date based on your last day of work, you could receive payment for prior weeks you were unemployed due to COVID-19.
Once we are able to complete further programming, we will be able to increase the benefit amount to a maximum of $450 per week if you earned more than $17,368 in 2019. This page will be updated with instructions for reporting additional wages for higher weekly payments.

Talcire

Can't get pages to load, but it is mid-morning and to be expected. Secure Connection Failed.
Post automatically merged:

The system came on line at 0530 this morning.

Time to complete, about 20 minutes. This was about 10 minutes longer than needed as I couldn’t get one of the menus to accept a document number, and I had to search through a poor menu paging system to find a category which correlated with rideshare/tnc driver. Not finding it I selected driver/personal services. They also requested what other work are you qualified to perform.

Gross earnings for the prior year was requested. Reason for not working and the counties I drive in were requested.

Approved.

On approval page is a blurb to upload a resume, register at Cal jobs, etc.

On second last page item requests how you wish to communicate. Blurb reads on line is faster, but if you want mailed documents, you may experience a delay.
Just curious: did you not work at all on both apps these past weeks? I may face different issues as I have been driving (both apps) every day for 3 to 4 hours. I am under-employed I guess. I will not be using either app as of this week... the whole thing is confusing. I will be honest and hope for the best!

GMcFly

I filled mines out at 7:30am, did the best I could. Now the question is, when will that ugly 0 weekly benefit amount
Be updated ? Some people who applied at 5:30am see theirs, and I don’t see anything yet. Is this normal?
Has the 0 amount changed that quickly for people who've already filed earlier this morning?? Mine is still showing 0 lol

jawjaw

Probably within 2 working days per EDD website;
"Typically, it will take about a week after you certify before you receive your first benefit payment. If you are eligible for benefits, you may receive your first PUA payment in about two days if you have an existing EDD Debit CardSM (and there are no issues that require a further review of eligibility). New debit cards and checks are mailed within four to seven days. Once you activate the card you can track, use, and transfer your benefit payments.

Certifying may not needed to get your benefit;
Based on the persistent inability of claimants to access the UI OnlineSM system during this time period, if your UI benefit certification form has dates for weeks ending March 14 through May 9, you do not need to certify or recertify for UI payments. For these weeks, this means:
  • After you initiate your UI claim and are determined eligible, you do not need to provide any certification for your first benefit payment or continuing biweekly payments.
  • You will automatically receive your benefits, unless you have an existing disqualification or pending issue.
  • You will be required to provide information to the EDD if you worked during any of these weeks.
  • The failure to provide the EDD with information that you worked during these weeks may result in an overpayment that the EDD must later recover.
Inform the EDD if you work during these weeks through Ask EDD by selecting Unemployment Insurance Benefits, then Payments, and then EDD Paid Me and I Returned to Work, Need to Report Wages.
We will contact you at a later time with instructions on how to provide retroactive certifications for this time period, including answering a series of eligibility questions.

Most questions we might have already answered in PUA FAQ in link below;

I have filed around 8:30 am and application asked for the NET EARNINGS. My understanding to this is your final Profit/Loss after Uber/Lyft fees, mileage deduction, and all other expenses. The schedule C, line 31 on income tax return form 1040.
I have not filed 2019 income tax yet, but I reference 2018 tax return, schedule C to figure the amount. And I will use this amount to file 2019 income tax.

According to EDD website you will get maximum of $450 per week if you earned more than $17,368 in 2019;

In order to provide benefits as quickly as possible, payments will be issued in phases. If you qualify for PUA, and depending on the effective date of your PUA claim, the initial payments you will receive are as follows:
  • Phase 1
    $167 per week for each week you were unemployed from February 2, 2020 to March 28, 2020 due to a COVID-19 related reason.
  • Phase 2
    $167 plus $600 per week for each week you were unemployed from March 29, 2020 to July 25, 2020, due to a COVID-19 related reason.
  • Phase 3
    $167 per week, for each week from July 26, 2020 to December 26, 2020, that you are unemployed due to a COVID-19 related reason, up to a total of 39 weeks (minus any weeks of regular UI and certain extended UI benefits that you have received).
Note: If you qualify for your claim to be backdated to an earlier PUA effective date based on your last day of work, you could receive payment for prior weeks you were unemployed due to COVID-19.
Once we are able to complete further programming, we will be able to increase the benefit amount to a maximum of $450 per week if you earned more than $17,368 in 2019. This page will be updated with instructions for reporting additional wages for higher weekly payments.
Who in the hell made more than $17,000 after claiming miles and deductions?