Psycho Uber driver who threw rocks at my car and at me

Julescase

I just had the craziest, most @@@@ed- up experience: I was at a red light on Sunset at Fairfax. I must have pissed off an Uber driver (honestly I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman- it looked like both, but that's another story) because at the red light they pulled up next to me and kept opening their door like they were going to lunge at me, screaming. I have no clue what I did - I was simply driving down Sunset then I stopped at a red light.......Like I mentioned, She/he started getting out of the car and screaming at me from the lane next to me at the light, I had my music blasting and couldn't hear anything, then as the light turned green She/ he rolled down her window and wouldn't drive - cars behind her/him were beeping, etc. I drove past her/him on the left and she/he threw a handful of @@@@ing ROCKS at me and my car, my passenger side window was down halfway and some rocks flew in and one hit me. I was in shock but I had enough wherewithal to drive behind them and get a photo of the license plate, they took off like a bat out of hell trying to get away, but I kept at it - we were literally flying through the streets of Hollywood and I'm sure they knew how @@@@ed they're going to be - I stayed on them until I knew I had a good clear photo (literally the person was going about 55 mph down Sunset at one point - we must have looked pretty funny, two dorky Priuses speeding through the streets of LA like maniacs).

I just got back from the Hollywood police dept, they now have the grey prius's license number, a few of the pictures of the car trying to get away, and 3 of the rocks that were thrown at my @@@@ing FACE. You don't mess with the moneymaker, mofos! :wink:

So, Grey Prius Uber driver with with license plate that starts with 7C2, I hope you're reading this, and if you are please know you are @@@@ED!! The little multiple dents in my car door will cost a pretty penny to fix as well - At least a grand since he whole door needs to come of most likely. But throwing rocks at a person's head will be much more of an issue. You know that's illegal, right? You should try getting some control over your apparent anger issues; this time it's too late but once you're done dealing with the repercussions from this little stint, anger management is *definitely* in your future.

this psychopath shouldn't be on the road, never mind driving Uber passengers around. Such a @@@@ing insane human being- needs to be locked in a looney bin or something.

yomomma

Take the idiot to small claims with the police report and damage estimate and lost wages for fixing. Once you get the judgment, get a writ of execution to file a wage garnishment with the local Sheriff office. Fax the writ and judgment to Uber to garnish. If that doesn't work, send me a PM and I will help.

Julescase

Take the idiot to small claims with the police report and damage estimate and lost wages for fixing. Once you get the judgment, get a writ of execution to file a wage garnishment with the local Sheriff office. Fax the writ and judgment to Uber to garnish. If that doesn't work, send me a PM and I will help.

Omg thank you!

It was crazy!

yomomma

I wrote in general terms since it was from my mobile. PM me and I will help you step-by-step with the court filing, how to find the idiot to serve, and etc., I do this part-time as a living going after deadbeats.

mandreyka

I just had the craziest, most &%[email protected]!*ed- up experience: I was at a red light on Sunset at Fairfax. I must have pissed off an Uber driver (honestly I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman- it looked like both, but that's another story) because at the red light they pulled up next to me and kept opening their door like they were going to lunge at me, screaming. I have no clue what I did - I was simply driving down Sunset then I stopped at a red light.......Like I mentioned, She/he started getting out of the car and screaming at me from the lane next to me at the light, I had my music blasting and couldn't hear anything, then as the light turned green She/ he rolled down her window and wouldn't drive - cars behind her/him were beeping, etc. I drove past her/him on the left and she/he threw a handful of &%[email protected]!*ing ROCKS at me and my car, my passenger side window was down halfway and some rocks flew in and one hit me. I was in shock but I had enough wherewithal to drive behind them and get a photo of the license plate, they took off like a bat out of hell trying to get away, but I kept at it - we were literally flying through the streets of Hollywood and I'm sure they knew how &%[email protected]!*ed they're going to be - I stayed on them until I knew I had a good clear photo (literally the person was going about 55 mph down Sunset at one point - we must have looked pretty funny, two dorky Priuses speeding through the streets of LA like maniacs).

I just got back from the Hollywood police dept, they now have the grey prius's license number, a few of the pictures of the car trying to get away, and 3 of the rocks that were thrown at my &%[email protected]!*ing FACE. You don't mess with the moneymaker, mofos! :wink:

So, Grey Prius Uber driver with with license plate that starts with 7C2, I hope you're reading this, and if you are please know you are &%[email protected]!*ED!! The little multiple dents in my car door will cost a pretty penny to fix as well - At least a grand since he whole door needs to come of most likely. But throwing rocks at a person's head will be much more of an issue. You know that's illegal, right? You should try getting some control over your apparent anger issues; this time it's too late but once you're done dealing with the repercussions from this little stint, anger management is *definitely* in your future.

this psychopath shouldn't be on the road, never mind driving Uber passengers around. Such a &%[email protected]!*ing insane human being- needs to be locked in a looney bin or something.
You need to call the Uber hotline and report the driver since you have his/her license plate, while you are at it call lyft too.

Even if the cops never catch him/her at least you will know he/she is fired

Don't even tell them you are a driver.

Julescase

Shouldn't the 3rd digit of a CA license plate be an alphabet?

No, it wasn't a California plate.

You need to call the Uber hotline and report the driver since you have his/her license plate, while you are at it call lyft too.

Even if the cops never catch him/her at least you will know he/she is fired

Don't even tell them you are a driver.

Already done, but thank you very much for the tip - I appreciate it. :smiles:

Why was it mad at you?

No clue- obviously they think I did something, maybe they thought I didn't drive fast enough to the red light? I honestly don't know. It was nuts.

UberLaLa

No clue- obviously they think I did something, maybe they thought I didn't drive fast enough to the red light? I honestly don't know. It was nuts.

They probably are NOT an Uber driver. Sounds more like some kind of Poser pissed-off Uber hater person to me. :eek:

...No clue- obviously they think I did something, maybe they thought I didn't drive fast enough to the red light? I honestly don't know. It was nuts.

Seriously, he/she might have been targeting you purely because you were an Uber...

Post a pic of the car here (license plate blocked out) so we can all keep an eye out. Also, what state were the plates?

Frank Ditt

I just had the craziest, most &%[email protected]!*ed- up experience: I was at a red light on Sunset at Fairfax. I must have pissed off an Uber driver (honestly I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman- it looked like both, but that's another story) because at the red light they pulled up next to me and kept opening their door like they were going to lunge at me, screaming. I have no clue what I did - I was simply driving down Sunset then I stopped at a red light.......Like I mentioned, She/he started getting out of the car and screaming at me from the lane next to me at the light, I had my music blasting and couldn't hear anything, then as the light turned green She/ he rolled down her window and wouldn't drive - cars behind her/him were beeping, etc. I drove past her/him on the left and she/he threw a handful of &%[email protected]!*ing ROCKS at me and my car, my passenger side window was down halfway and some rocks flew in and one hit me. I was in shock but I had enough wherewithal to drive behind them and get a photo of the license plate, they took off like a bat out of hell trying to get away, but I kept at it - we were literally flying through the streets of Hollywood and I'm sure they knew how &%[email protected]!*ed they're going to be - I stayed on them until I knew I had a good clear photo (literally the person was going about 55 mph down Sunset at one point - we must have looked pretty funny, two dorky Priuses speeding through the streets of LA like maniacs).

I just got back from the Hollywood police dept, they now have the grey prius's license number, a few of the pictures of the car trying to get away, and 3 of the rocks that were thrown at my &%[email protected]!*ing FACE. You don't mess with the moneymaker, mofos! :wink:

So, Grey Prius Uber driver with with license plate that starts with 7C2, I hope you're reading this, and if you are please know you are &%[email protected]!*ED!! The little multiple dents in my car door will cost a pretty penny to fix as well - At least a grand since he whole door needs to come of most likely. But throwing rocks at a person's head will be much more of an issue. You know that's illegal, right? You should try getting some control over your apparent anger issues; this time it's too late but once you're done dealing with the repercussions from this little stint, anger management is *definitely* in your future.

this psychopath shouldn't be on the road, never mind driving Uber passengers around. Such a &%[email protected]!*ing insane human being- needs to be locked in a looney bin or something.
I had nearly the same experience, although I couldn't get my phone situated in time. I was driving along Santa Monica Blvd and someone opened their car door. I swerved a few inches into the left hand lane, nothing big or at all dangerous but I saw the guy behind me swerve also. He went flying around me and angled across two lanes blocking me and everyone else. Him and his passenger jumped out and came up to my window screaming at me. I'm assuming it was a wife or something and not a passenger cuz, that would be even weirder. I said my bad, I'm sorry. He kept screaming threatening to kill me etc. I told him "I said I'm sorry, that's enough", he didn't stop and I started laughing. That made him really mad. Then he spit on me. Thought about getting out of the car and beating the crap out of him, but at the time didn't seem worth the hassle. I'm old and haven't been in a fight since the 70's but I have no doubt I would have won this one. It still bugs me to this day that I didn't. WWGOOMCD (What would get out of my car do)

yomomma

I had nearly the same experience, although I couldn't get my phone situated in time. I was driving along Santa Monica Blvd and someone opened their car door. I swerved a few inches into the left hand lane, nothing big or at all dangerous but I saw the guy behind me swerve also. He went flying around me and angled across two lanes blocking me and everyone else. Him and his passenger jumped out and came up to my window screaming at me. I'm assuming it was a wife or something and not a passenger cuz, that would be even weirder. I said my bad, I'm sorry. He kept screaming threatening to kill me etc. I told him "I said I'm sorry, that's enough", he didn't stop and I started laughing. That made him really mad. Then he spit on me. Thought about getting out of the car and beating the crap out of him, but at the time didn't seem worth the hassle. I'm old and haven't been in a fight since the 70's but I have no doubt I would have won this one. It still bugs me to this day that I didn't. WWGOOMCD (What would get out of my car do)

Carry pepper spray and repeat, "you are threatening my life sir" a couple of times and then spray the hell out of him. Take him to jail, and sue him for his house. Trading punches with an idiot only gets you in criminal and legal troubles.

Frank Ditt

WWGOOMCD
Carry pepper spray and repeat, "you are threatening my life sir" a couple of times and then spray the hell out of him. Take him to jail, and sue him for his house. Trading punches with an idiot only gets you in criminal and legal troubles.
Good advice Yomomma. I'm good at thinking things through and I suppose that's why I haven't been in a fight in 45 years. Honestly it wasn't really worth the trouble to pepper spray either. The whole time he was screaming I was thinking of the consequences. Best case I loss a couple hours of my life talking to police etc. I always de-escalate, but I did feel like a real chump.

Julescase

They probably are NOT an Uber driver. Sounds more like some kind of Poser pissed-off Uber hater person to me. :eek:

Seriously, he/she might have been targeting you purely because you were an Uber...

Post a pic of the car here (license plate blocked out) so we can all keep an eye out. Also, what state were the plates?

Here's one of the 20 action shots I have

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 125

yomomma

Even if you knew how to fight well, it isn't worth it since it would be used against you. I have a BB in BJJ and there is no way I can use that unless my life is threatened.

Julescase

If it wasn't a California plate then it wasn't an Uber driver... at least one that works here.

He actually has Uber and lyft on the car, I posted a pic

Are you the person or something? You don't need to keep debating me, I have plenty of pictures to show that he/she is UberIng and the license plate is out of state. Do you think I'm making it up?

Perez3000

I wonder if for some psychopaths, the fUber and Lyft corporate dress emblems makes people go crazy with this sort of behavior?

I am considering going stealth by not displaying the rear fUber/Lyft emblems and just slap one in the windshield when I am active...of course I would use front and rear when going to and from LAX...and make sure to approach the PAX from the front and not have them see the rear.

A couple of weeks ago, at the corner of Sawtelle and Westwood Blvd a psycho homeless on a bicycle kicked the back of my car and put a big dent in the hatch...I was able to coax some of the dent out with a hammer and dolly, but it's easily $1000 to have a body shop fix it...