Pssst... You need a ride?

GDB

Chauffeured a client to the Rush concert Saturday and was waiting near the Über/taxi pickup. Saw someone parked in the taxi/uber pick up area ask a couple if they needed a ride home. The girl asked me if the driver was a legitimate and i said no. Not an über or Lyft, not a taxi, not a vehicle for hire with all the permit bling on the windshield. She kept telling her date to get out of the Tahoe, but he would not listen. She finally got in and looked at me like she would never see anyone again:oopsies:

Question:

Why is this woman with this man?

I have been in a country on a cruise and a passenger in our group took an unauthorized taxi back to the ship. We were all forewarned about using only taxis with red plates only. Well the driver got close to the dock and held them locked in his car until they gave him all their money. Not saying this happened to the couple mentioned, but it could... Or worse.

Where is ATA when they should be around doing what they are hired to prevent (besides harassing legitimate vehicles for hire).:cool:

Have you seen the creepy old guy in the big late model white van. He patrols 7th and Trinity asking people if they need a ride. Definitely not a taxi and vehicle way too old to be a lyft or Uber. I see idiots getting in all the time.

GDB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't seen him. Just because he is old doesn't mean anything. I've seen quite a few seniors who über. Probably needs the $$$ like everyone else. There is no such thing as extra cash.

Tx rides

Chauffeured a client to the Rush concert Saturday and was waiting near the Über/taxi pickup. Saw someone parked in the taxi/uber pick up area ask a couple if they needed a ride home. The girl asked me if the driver was a legitimate and i said no. Not an über or Lyft, not a taxi, not a vehicle for hire with all the permit bling on the windshield. She kept telling her date to get out of the Tahoe, but he would not listen. She finally got in and looked at me like she would never see anyone again:oopsies:

Question:

Why is this woman with this man?

I have been in a country on a cruise and a passenger in our group took an unauthorized taxi back to the ship. We were all forewarned about using only taxis with red plates only. Well the driver got close to the dock and held them locked in his car until they gave him all their money. Not saying this happened to the couple mentioned, but it could... Or worse.

Where is ATA when they should be around doing what they are hired to prevent (besides harassing legitimate vehicles for hire).:cool:
BTW surprised you didn't get hit for the $40 they have now added for "hired car" DO/PU! They changed this in recent weeks, didn't alert anyone.
BUT according to latest, the TAXI zone is not UBER/TAXI, just TAXI and regular non hire, all others will be fined, banned, turned in to toads, etc.

Tx rides

Latest change for AT
"The designated passenger drop-off area for concerts is located directly across from Lot B and is part of the taxi drop-off area, which is marked with signage for taxi drop-offs. This area is for guest-vehicle drop-off and for taxis ONLY. No “for hire” vehicles can access this area."