1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Providing sweets and Water Backfired

Discussion in 'Stories' started by BigHohn, Oct 7, 2018.

1. BigHohn

BigHohn

Driving:
    UberXL
    Saturday just gone I was doing my shift as per normal, when a rather intixicated individual got in the car .

I had done music going and did my usual greet of “ Hi , how you goin ?
    There’s sweets in the tray and water in the cup holders and a phone charger if you need it .
    I then started on my way
    About ten minutes into drive I felt something in my neck and didn’t realise but the rider was spitting sweets at me .

I couldn’t even fathom what was going on but this rider was about to get out of my car . I turned off the app and said this ride finishes now . Get the f- out of my car you animal .
    I would say drug affected .
    I finally got to use the safety button as he refused to get out and was getting hit under the collar .
    This never worried me cause I’ve way or the other he was getting out of car.

I couldn’t believe how quick police turned up and told them what happened which he was arrested
    I had to go to station to do report and also report to Uber .
    The officer said spitting is the same as assault ing someone and this will be taken very seriously .
    I still can’t bekieve someone could be such a grub but that’s what happened . Thank goodness 99.999 percent of people are great .
    I have very thick skin and love getting people home , but not at this cost

Attached Files:

2. jgiun1

jgiun1

That's funny.....good thing he'll learn a lesson the hard way, through judicial courts.

x100, TheAntMiami and BigHohn like this.
  3. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just out curiosity, what is the purpose of posting another picture of yourself along with your post?

4. jgiun1

jgiun1

It looks like the good guy (before ride)~ bad guy pic at end after paxhole exit

5. crowuber

crowuber

why in the world would you give them anything when you make minimum wage??? ( if you're lucky)

6. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    My personal experience with water is that it added no value. (Note the past tense.)

I think the best value I got from it was when I pulled up to a traffic signal, and there an old guy selling newspapers. The weather was very hot and muggy. I gave him a bottle of cold water, right from my cooler bag. He deserved it.

Christine

7. BigHohn

BigHohn

Driving:
    UberXL
    Because

I don’t make minimum wage .

You mustn’t do nights. It’s great for hydrating the riders and the cost is low . It’s the 1 percenters that count to me. Everybody is different

8. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    So Narcissism?

MHR and BigHohn like this.
  9. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    I give all Ants 1 STAR, for dishing out scooby snacks, drinks, and aux cords.

10. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

Wow! That sux John. Glad it worked out and he got what happened. What a jerk!

I agree and often say 99.999% are awesome and make this fun.

Your awesome!

Christinebitg and BigHohn like this.
  11. Sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't have thought less of you if you clocked the PAX with a hook.

12. BigHohn

BigHohn

Driving:
    UberXL
    That makes a lot of sense , now Uber have technology for serial I star offenders who keep giving 1 star to drivers . It doesn’t record it and actually has reverse affect

Thanks

Cary Grant and tohunt4me like this.
  13. Just Typical pax showing Grattitude.

I begrudgingly allow mine to have air . . .

A MEAT HOOK !

He likes to spit ?
    Let him spit teeth !

Attached Files:

14. CarpeNoctem

CarpeNoctem

Driving:
    UberXL
    Maybe he was an uber driver that didn't like that you were giving out that stuff?

15. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

16. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

LoL, right?!

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. Brian G.

Brian G.

Driving:
    UberX
    Every market is different when giving out freebies. I know I won't do it but to each their own. Glad this pax was hauled away. Press charges maybe?

18. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I kind of like the fact that he added a second picture. Puts more of a face with the name and he looks more serious in the second picture.

19. Pulledclear

Pulledclear

Sounds like you have a real handle on it. No pun intended. Great work you’re going places!

BigHohn and Danny3xd like this.
  20. What kind of candy was it?