• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Providing sweets and Water Backfired

BigHohn

Saturday just gone I was doing my shift as per normal, when a rather intixicated individual got in the car .

I had done music going and did my usual greet of “ Hi , how you goin ?
There’s sweets in the tray and water in the cup holders and a phone charger if you need it .
I then started on my way
About ten minutes into drive I felt something in my neck and didn’t realise but the rider was spitting sweets at me .

I couldn’t even fathom what was going on but this rider was about to get out of my car . I turned off the app and said this ride finishes now . Get the f- out of my car you animal .
I would say drug affected .
I finally got to use the safety button as he refused to get out and was getting hit under the collar .
This never worried me cause I’ve way or the other he was getting out of car.

I couldn’t believe how quick police turned up and told them what happened which he was arrested
I had to go to station to do report and also report to Uber .
The officer said spitting is the same as assault ing someone and this will be taken very seriously .
I still can’t bekieve someone could be such a grub but that’s what happened . Thank goodness 99.999 percent of people are great .
I have very thick skin and love getting people home , but not at this cost

Attachments

jgiun1

Saturday just gone I was doing my shift as per normal, when a rather intixicated individual got in the car .

There’s sweets in the tray and water in the cup holders and a phone charger if you need it .
I then started on my way
About ten minutes into drive I felt something in my neck and didn’t realise but the rider was spitting sweets at me .

I couldn’t even fathom what was going on but this rider was about to get out of my car . I turned off the app and said this ride finishes now . Get the f- out of my car you animal .
I finally got to use the safety button as he refused to get out and was getting hit under the collar .

I couldn’t believe how quick police turned up and told them what happened which he was arrested
The officer said spitting is the same as assault ing someone and this will be taken very seriously .
I still can’t bekieve someone could be such a grub but that’s what happened . Thank goodness 99.999 percent of people are great .

That's funny.....good thing he'll learn a lesson the hard way, through judicial courts.

Christinebitg

My personal experience with water is that it added no value. (Note the past tense.)

I think the best value I got from it was when I pulled up to a traffic signal, and there an old guy selling newspapers. The weather was very hot and muggy. I gave him a bottle of cold water, right from my cooler bag. He deserved it.

Christine

BigHohn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just out curiosity, what is the purpose of posting another picture of yourself along with your post?
Because

why in the world would you give them anything when you make minimum wage??? ( if you're lucky)
I don’t make minimum wage .

My personal experience with water is that it added no value. (Note the past tense.)

I think the best value I got from it was when I pulled up to a traffic signal, and there an old guy selling newspapers. The weather was very hot and muggy. I gave him a bottle of cold water, right from my cooler bag. He deserved it.

Christine
You mustn’t do nights. It’s great for hydrating the riders and the cost is low . It’s the 1 percenters that count to me. Everybody is different

FormerTaxiDriver♧

I then started on my way

I give all Ants 1 STAR, for dishing out scooby snacks, drinks, and aux cords.

Danny3xd

Wow! That sux John. Glad it worked out and he got what happened. What a jerk!

I agree and often say 99.999% are awesome and make this fun.

Christine
Your awesome!

BigHohn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I give all Ants 1 STAR, for dishing out scooby snacks, drinks, and aux cords.
That makes a lot of sense , now Uber have technology for serial I star offenders who keep giving 1 star to drivers . It doesn’t record it and actually has reverse affect

Sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't have thought less of you if you clocked the PAX with a hook.
Thanks

tohunt4me

I then started on my way

Just Typical pax showing Grattitude.

I begrudgingly allow mine to have air . . .

Sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't have thought less of you if you clocked the PAX with a hook.
A MEAT HOOK !

He likes to spit ?
Let him spit teeth !

Attachments

Pulledclear

I then started on my way

Sounds like you have a real handle on it. No pun intended. Great work you’re going places!