Pros & Cons of driving Uber (Part time or Full time)

ericcyow83

hello brothers & sister,

I think is time for us to list down all the advantages and disasvantages of driving Uber

Pros
1. Flexible working hours
2. Own time own target
3. Free car to use (if rented)
4. Opportunity to meet different kinds of people (good for doing other sales related)
5. Increase your driving skills

Cons
1. Long working hours
2. Unstable income
3. No CPF, leave and medical compensation
4. If touch wood accident, lost of income
5. Life at risk

Feel free to add on the list, just want to give an idea and constructive feedback about driving Uber since some newbies keen to join....

roller88888

hello brothers & sister,

I think is time for us to list down all the advantages and disasvantages of driving Uber

Pros
2. Own time own target
4. Opportunity to meet different kinds of people (good for doing other sales related)

Cons
1. Long working hours
2. Unstable income
5. Life at risk

Feel free to add on the list, just want to give an idea and constructive feedback about driving Uber since some newbies keen to join....

yes agree with all the pros

NotAUberSucker

hello brothers & sister,

Pros
2. Own time own target

Cons
1. Long working hours
2. Unstable income
5. Life at risk

Free? Really? You give new meaning to the definition of Free. ROFL, LMAO.

Observingonly

Pros :
- Good for retired men. HDB flat already paid for. Children grown up and working. CPF collected. Morning take one booking and then go Geylang drink coffee 2 hours. Then go JB pump petrol and massage. Come back do one more job and then call it a day.

ericcyow83

Pros :
- Good for retired men. HDB flat already paid for. Children grown up and working. CPF collected. Morning take one booking and then go Geylang drink coffee 2 hours. Then go JB pump petrol and massage. Come back do one more job and then call it a day.
Bro, you doing charity lol

Poor_Lad

If one straightaway drive taxi, sure die cock standing. In this regard, Uber is actually very good training to be taxi driver. Like they say, you can take away all the money that I have. But you cannot take away the things that I learned.

Observingonly

If one straightaway drive taxi, sure die cock standing. In this regard, Uber is actually very good training to be taxi driver. Like they say, you can take away all the money that I have. But you cannot take away the things that I learned.

You will be surprised! Taxis much easier to drive.

I see the way you all plan and calculate and get rated by pax I also feel scared.

renyeo

Pros :
Two rides in a day cannot make it. Might not even cover fuel costs ha ha!

renyeo

You will be surprised! Taxis much easier to drive.

I see the way you all plan and calculate and get rated by pax I also feel scared.
To me driving Uber's 7-10am weekday peak is like attending OCS.

High pressure cooker on the mind and body but if you make it there's a sense of achievement. Every morning when battling TPH and traffic I always tell myself am going to quit tomorrow but after the fifth ride I am again looking forward to next day. Strange ...

Observingonly

To me driving Uber's 7-10am weekday peak is like attending OCS.

High pressure cooker on the mind and body but if you make it there's a sense of achievement. Every morning when battling TPH and traffic I always tell myself am going to quit tomorrow but after the fifth ride I am again looking forward to next day. Strange ...

For sure I wouldn't put myself under this kind of stress. Too hard to earn!

Tanyantao

Taxi a lot of them started as OMO.
Just drive only. OJT and dun need to think so much as uber tph etc. Lol

EdisonNg

hello brothers & sister,

Pros
2. Own time own target

Cons
1. Long working hours
2. Unstable income
5. Life at risk

I think its about finding value in the work that you do. We are rendering a great service to society and we get to meet up with people from all walks of life which ordinarily you may never get to meet. with a positive mindset, the small little nuances won't get to us. If we reset our minds a bit, in times of economic uncertainty, driving Uber/Grab can be a relief. In the past there wasn't such an option.

SONique

I think its about finding value in the work that you do. We are rendering a great service to society and we get to meet up with people from all walks of life which ordinarily you may never get to meet. with a positive mindset, the small little nuances won't get to us. If we reset our minds a bit, in times of economic uncertainty, driving Uber/Grab can be a relief. In the past there wasn't such an option.

I agree with you totally on this as a big pro. It's great to meet so many new people and talking to them. I also agree with the pros listed above

Pros-
1) car servicing for vezel at vermogen very fast. Within 45mins to 1hr settled.
2) many new vehicles with less issues

I have to list some cons for uber-
1)ERP payouts - they still get it wrong sometimes especially with sentosa trips. Sometimes, no time to check and we lose out on some payouts but once you email them they will respond
2) response time for issues varies too much. Sometimes within 1hr settle, sometimes days also don't respond. Saying that, they have improved since I started 2.5mths ago. LCR response time still slow.
3) uberpool 2nd and onwards pick ups - since the trend is going towards uberpool, the frequent cancellations from the 2nd passenger onwards is very irritating, time wasting and dangerous.
4) endless sms from them which is good to keep us updated on new promos and rules but the never ending referral sms is quite irritating.
5) most importantly, their incentives change too frequently to complement their weekly promotions. The pool Friday month of August was good for planning but September incentives change too much. I see a trend of increasing the hourly guarantees which to me is actually not a good thing for full time drivers. I always try to surpass the guarantee amounts especially during off peak periods (morning peak periods is almost impossible to surpass) It's becoming more like a hourly pay job. The announcement on Sunday evenings could be done earlier to give us time to prepare.

Ok. Enough posting. Time to drive.

NotAUberSucker

My Relief drivers and I straightaway drove our taxi immediately when we collected our vocational licence from LTA. We didn't die cock standing and our first month was our best month because the thrill of doing something new motivated us to work pretty hard even though we were still wet behind the ears. Fast forward to today, you see night shift cabbies like me aiming to drive the minimum hours needed to make a decent earning because we are feeling jaded by now.