1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Propaganda in this forum

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Sam22, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Sam22

Sam22

Hi everyone,

Driving UberX doesn't make much money anymore, I live downtown Toronto and drive Uber X and it's about 12 dollars an hour after expenses.
    Please anyone trying to get his self into a lease or a car payment to do uber, you will be wasting your time and energy! Better get a minimum wages partime job instead of investing your time and savings into a mirage that might take off from this city whenever they want!!!

Glovl, Manhoos and Harry70 like this.
  2. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    I think uber is great as long as you keep driving part time and don't waste time on pool calls.
    I drive only if I see a good surge.

Attached Files:

Glovl likes this.
  3. Karem

Karem

So why keep driving uber??? You might be doing it wrong. You can make good money if you smart.

4. Karem

Karem

If I live I dt I would be rich by now. Working surge hours all the time. I don't know what's your problem. You need to reevaluate what you doing.

Actionjax likes this.
  5. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    You are probably right....you should quit.

6. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Nice work BTW. Is that the real hours or online only hours. Reason I ask is many people don't count the hours they are offline waiting for a surge to hit. So 5 hours turns into 8 hours. And lots of dead KM.

7. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    Of course where is at least 2 hours waiting time to add and some of dead km. to come back for the next wave of a surge.

8. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    So I think people need to know that in the figures. Still a good haul if it's only 2 Hours tacked on. But profitability also looks at KM.

9. WillC

WillC

That is a very misleading post. You are making a mirage to yourself.

Actionjax likes this.
  10. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    Mirage of what?
    My goal is $800-900 per month with the least trips possible. I prefer to sit and wait over driving with no surge-)
    Have been done this for months now and it's worked for me.

11. WillC

WillC

Please state the actual hours, so other readers don't get mislead.

12. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    Like I said before, there is 2 more hours of waiting time.
    6 hours online is not just driving time, it's includes waiting time for the good request and ignoring pool-)

13. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    WillCWillC has a point. By just showing the screenshot it would mislead people what could be made per hour.

14. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    I am not trying to mislead anyone here, just want to show the way I drive for Uber-)

15. EddyStone

EddyStone

I disagree. I financed my car with no intentions on being an Uber driver. I work full time M-F regular office hours and was looking for a part time job but I just couldnt justify locking down shift work with my full time job so I looked into doing Uber. I opened a PC financial account and I have all my uber money go into that account; car payments, insurance and gas are only purchased using my income from Uber. Some weeks I make 500 -700$ other weeks I dont drive as often and only 100-200$. I've had my balance in my account reach up to 2000$ and I just throw that money into my car payment. So in my experience Uber is paying for my car and car expenses, which is all I wanted it to do.

16. Harry70

Harry70

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    In my opinion it just worked one day , rain surge

WillC likes this.
  17. Chargersrt10

Chargersrt10

Driving:
    UberX
    Exactly what I'm doing. Minus the separate bank account. Good job!!!!!

WillC, Actionjax and EddyStone like this.
  18. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    Same here. Driving to cover all car expenses including parking ( $130 in my building) so this money will stay within family budget-)

19. Goga

Goga

Driving:
    UberX
    No, it's 5 days through the week.

20. Harry70

Harry70

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Ok sorry