• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Propaganda in this forum

Sam22

Hi everyone,

Driving UberX doesn't make much money anymore, I live downtown Toronto and drive Uber X and it's about 12 dollars an hour after expenses.
Please anyone trying to get his self into a lease or a car payment to do uber, you will be wasting your time and energy! Better get a minimum wages partime job instead of investing your time and savings into a mirage that might take off from this city whenever they want!!!

Goga

Hi everyone,

Driving UberX doesn't make much money anymore, I live downtown Toronto and drive Uber X and it's about 12 dollars an hour after expenses.
Please anyone trying to get his self into a lease or a car payment to do uber, you will be wasting your time and energy! Better get a minimum wages partime job instead of investing your time and savings into a mirage that might take off from this city whenever they want!!!
I think uber is great as long as you keep driving part time and don't waste time on pool calls.
I drive only if I see a good surge.

Attachments

Karem

So why keep driving uber??? You might be doing it wrong. You can make good money if you smart.

Karem

If I live I dt I would be rich by now. Working surge hours all the time. I don't know what's your problem. You need to reevaluate what you doing.

Actionjax

Hi everyone,

You are probably right....you should quit.

Actionjax

I think uber is great as long as you keep driving part time and don't waste time on pool calls.
I drive only if I see a good surge.
Nice work BTW. Is that the real hours or online only hours. Reason I ask is many people don't count the hours they are offline waiting for a surge to hit. So 5 hours turns into 8 hours. And lots of dead KM.

Goga

Nice work BTW. Is that the real hours or online only hours. Reason I ask is many people don't count the hours they are offline waiting for a surge to hit. So 5 hours turns into 8 hours. And lots of dead KM.
Of course where is at least 2 hours waiting time to add and some of dead km. to come back for the next wave of a surge.

Actionjax

Of course where is at least 2 hours waiting time to add and some of dead km. to come back for the next wave of a surge.
So I think people need to know that in the figures. Still a good haul if it's only 2 Hours tacked on. But profitability also looks at KM.

Goga

That is a very misleading post. You are making a mirage to yourself.
Mirage of what?
My goal is $800-900 per month with the least trips possible. I prefer to sit and wait over driving with no surge-)
Have been done this for months now and it's worked for me.

WillC

Mirage of what?
My goal is $800-900 per month with the least trips possible. I prefer to sit and wait over driving with no surge-)
Have been done this for months now and it's worked for me.
Please state the actual hours, so other readers don't get mislead.

Goga

Please state the actual hours, so other readers don't get mislead.
Like I said before, there is 2 more hours of waiting time.
6 hours online is not just driving time, it's includes waiting time for the good request and ignoring pool-)

EddyStone

Hi everyone,

I disagree. I financed my car with no intentions on being an Uber driver. I work full time M-F regular office hours and was looking for a part time job but I just couldnt justify locking down shift work with my full time job so I looked into doing Uber. I opened a PC financial account and I have all my uber money go into that account; car payments, insurance and gas are only purchased using my income from Uber. Some weeks I make 500 -700$ other weeks I dont drive as often and only 100-200$. I've had my balance in my account reach up to 2000$ and I just throw that money into my car payment. So in my experience Uber is paying for my car and car expenses, which is all I wanted it to do.

Harry70

In my opinion it just worked one day , rain surge

Chargersrt10

I disagree. I financed my car with no intentions on being an Uber driver. I work full time M-F regular office hours and was looking for a part time job but I just couldnt justify locking down shift work with my full time job so I looked into doing Uber. I opened a PC financial account and I have all my uber money go into that account; car payments, insurance and gas are only purchased using my income from Uber. Some weeks I make 500 -700$ other weeks I dont drive as often and only 100-200$. I've had my balance in my account reach up to 2000$ and I just throw that money into my car payment. So in my experience Uber is paying for my car and car expenses, which is all I wanted it to do.
Exactly what I'm doing. Minus the separate bank account. Good job!!!!!

Goga

Same here. Driving to cover all car expenses including parking ( $130 in my building) so this money will stay within family budget-)