Uber Drivers Forum banner

Promotion Scam - Chattanooga

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FormerTaxiDriver♧ 
#1 ·
I don't drive much, maybe once a month. I thought I was getting Promo money - ha, NOOOOOOO.

Uber put a promo in my account for $3 extra per trip, up to 5 trips, between midnight & 4am Sat/Sun morning Nov 2/3 (late night Fri/Sat). So I go get rides, get a drunk kid who puked out my window and I had to take an hour off to clean up (I did get an $80 cleaning fee - but not worth it to clean up someones bodily fluids). Anyway, I did more than 5 rides each night between midnight and 4am - I expected to see $30 in promo money & I got $3.

The promo said, "rides must be in Chattanooga Core." - All my rides were from Downtown/Northshore/Brainerd area, I left my Lyft app off (especially since they cut out surge rates for drivers in Chattanooga). When I called Uber Support, I was told that I should have looked at the map provided, apparently there are blue lines indicating where you can pick up - I didn't see them and now that it is passed, they can't tell me where they were. So, no promo money for me (Well, $3 instead of $30).

Has anyone else gotten taken for a ride on this bogus promo deal? Did anyone understand what was expected? Please let me know, I will obviously be more careful in the future.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.