Professional Indemnity Insurance

Ahzz

My limited understanding of this is it is for doctors, lawyers etc.

I'm leaning towards no you don't need it unless you are giving people legal or medical advice while driving.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

dcc.

I hate to say this, but Uber really isn't a profession.

I believe some insurance companies have ridesharing covered under their policies which have been thrown around on this forum previously (??Allianz) so maybe have a look into those if you are concerned. Personally I just have a comprehensive policy with NRMA (Business rego though).

Azzure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds good thank you to the both of you and umm I don't think anyone wants my legal or medical advice haha

Azzure

I hate to say this, but Uber really isn't a profession.

I believe some insurance companies have ridesharing covered under their policies which have been thrown around on this forum previously (??Allianz) so maybe have a look into those if you are concerned. Personally I just have a comprehensive policy with NRMA (Business rego though).
May I ask did your premium go up once you advised NRMA of ridesharing?

dcc.

May I ask did your premium go up once you advised NRMA of ridesharing?
I haven't advised them about ridesharing specifically. Just comprehensive insurance for a vehicle registered as a business vehicle.

Heisenberg 99.1%

Professional indemnity is for when you get sued for maybe putting someone in the wrong investment or the wrong mortgage product.
I don't see where it would come into play with rideshare driving.
I would love to hear any reasons for it from your accountant

tksduberx

God forbid, if an accident happens and the passenger sues you for damages. What insurance cover would protect you because Uber would definitely wash it's hands off

Azzure

Professional indemnity is for when you get sued for maybe putting someone in the wrong investment or the wrong mortgage product.
I don't see where it would come into play with rideshare driving.
I would love to hear any reasons for it from your accountant
Was just something he mentioned to consider/review but not necessarily take out. Probably just standard practise/covering his arse. I'm not worried about it but always happy to hear others thoughts.

Aquarius

No, not mine. And I asked a number of times to make sure they had it right.
I had comprehensive insurance with AAMI. Checked to see if it covered ridesharing - it doesn't. I rang them and said "what do I do?" They said get another insurer. So I went online to NRMA - they have a box to tick that says 'ridesharing services'. And it was cheaper because of lower agreed value of vehicle. No brainer!