1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Problems with my background check

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Brian321, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Brian321

Brian321

I have driven for Uber and Lyft sporadically since mid 2016.

I moved from Florida to New Hampshire in April 2016. Uber and Lyft approved me to drive in Boston. My driver license, vehicle registration, and insurance were all in Florida. Even though I lived in New Hampshire, Uber and Lyft allowed me to drive in Boston, Massachusetts with a Florida driver's license, a Florida vehicle registration, and Florida vehicle insurance!

All good.

I decided to stop driving in mid-2017.

When I first started driving, I had recently moved from Florida to New Hampshire... and I registered (with Lyft and Uber) to drive in Boston.

Despite the f1act that my car was registered in Florida, and my driver license was in Florida, and my car insurance was in Florida...

All was good

On November 21, 2017, my Florida driver's license expired.... so I decided to get a New Hampshire driver's license.

jgiun1 likes this.
  2. Brian321

Brian321

That's when the trouble started.

3. Brian321

Brian321

Uber's background check said that my driver's license had expired.

Yep... my Florida driver's license had expired. BUT... I had obtained a New Hampshire driver's license!!!!

I proved to CheckR, (Uber's background check company) that my driver's license was valid.... and a few days later, I received a message from CheckR that I was approved.

And then, a few days later, I received a message that I was denied.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
  4. Brian321

Brian321

Ultimately, Uber denied me. They did this before they received the FINAL report from "Checkr".

Now, I am trying to dispute the findings.

But Checkr says that I need to talk to Uber... and Uber says that I need to talk to Checkr.

I need some guidance from someone who has been through this process.

5. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have advice. Don't call other members names.

6. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Brian, have you thought of trying a conference call? Get support and checkr on the same call?

Daisey77 likes this.
  7. Brian321

Brian321

I keep trying to do this... but checkr and Uber keep blaming each other.

8. GLH

jgiun1 likes this.
  9. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Keep at it. Its your only recourse. Good luck.

10. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You came out and called a fellow member a moron. That's not allowed on this site. Pointing that out is not hostility.

Nobody is preventing you from getting advice, but you can't expect to get lots of help from people you insult, can you?

Daisey77 likes this.
  11. Brian321

Brian321

Where did I call someone a moron?

12. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It was removed.

13. Maybe he said Mormon...

14. Z129

Z129 Moderator

You did.

Daisey77 likes this.
  15. Brian321

Brian321

I honestly don't remember calling anyone a moron. If I did, I'm sorry. Honestly, I am looking for help to resolve a problem with Uber and CheckR.

CheckR initially came back and said that my Florida driver's license was expired (which was true), but I had a New Hampshire driver's licence for several months prior to the background check.

When CheckR sent me an e-mail saying that my Florida driver's license was expired, I sent them a copy of my NH driver's license about a week later.

CheckR sent me a message saying... basically... "thank you for verifying your driver license"... but Uber sent me a message a few days later, saying "you are denied".

I am trying to get Uber to understand that the first report from CheckR was wrong. I have even sent a copy of the latest report from CheckR... which shows that my driving history (including my current NH driver's license) is "green"... but I have not been able to persuade the people at Uber to change their mind.

I am very frustrated. If I called someone a derogatory term, I am sorry.

MoreTips likes this.
  16. Yeah, ummmmm

Moron is less of an insult

Alan Tirado and jgiun1 like this.
  17. Brian321

Brian321

You know... honestly... I am an INACTIVE member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know the real truth behind mormonism... and that's why I left the church.

Now, can we please get back to the topic at hand?

18. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Are you serious?

I’m not even mad just shaking my head LOL

It’s only been a half hour lol

SuzeCB and Cableguynoe like this.
  19. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Brian, Nobody here is in a position to influence either company. Your best bet is a three-way conference call between you, uber and checkr. Or, as another member offered, go to the nearest green light hub (GLH). Don't rely on Uber's email support team. Those guys are the verbal equivilant of a form letter.

20. Brian321

Brian321

Yeah, I agree. They just keep sending form letters. I don't get any REAL responses from them. It isn't easy for me to go to a "greenlight" location without taking time off from my full-time job. Do you think that the "greenlight" location will ACTUALLY be able to help me?

I honestly didn't know what "GLH" meant. Now, I understand that it is Green Light Hub.

Lots of booze will do that. I am so upset that I am drinking like a fish. Sorry for the misunderstandings and insults.

HotUberMess likes this.