Problems at the Airport holding lot.

REX HAVOC

Tonight I got a ride out to SFO. I waited for 25 minutes before I got a text from Uber telling me I need to get to the Terminals in 8 minutes or I'd miss my place in line. So I take off 5 minutes before the expiration time and I head towards the terminal. Then I am driving to the terminal I get another text telling me I missed the run and I need to head back to the holding lot. I still had 4 minutes left before I was supposed to be at the Terminals. So I went through the terminal and I get another text telling me I won't be able to receive runs from the terminals. This system is so screwed up it makes me want to scream. Uber needs to get their shit together and stop wasting the drivers precious time.

Last edited:

Ubering

Why do we even need to go 2 miles off the airport at the lot and back 2 miles for a pickup?? Its a lose-lose for both the driver and rider.

Why dont taxis go to a lot??

75% of people getting off a plane are going to request an uber anyway so we should just be able to roam around the terminals.

manuella

Same thing happened to me slightly different , instead of getting there late like the system said you did, I got there too quick and when I got to terminal 3 with no ping it started sending me several text massages telling me I can not receive a ping and not to wait there

So next time I ignored it and stayed in the lot kind like what you were trying to do , I got the same msg saying I didn't get there on time then went back to the end of damn queu

Long story short , when it says to head to the terminals I just do it hopefully they will fix it before airport guys start giving us tickets for being there with no accepted ping which I thought was not allowed

REX HAVOC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do we even need to go 2 miles off the airport at the lot and back 2 miles for a pickup?? Its a lose-lose for both the driver and rider.

75% of people getting off a plane are going to request an uber anyway so we should just be able to roam around the terminals.
Because that was the deal Uber agreed to with the Airports. The taxis have a union that fights for them. We only have Uber who fights only for itself.

REX HAVOC

Same thing happened to me slightly different , instead of getting there late like the system said you did, I got there too quick and when I got to terminal 3 with no ping it started sending me several text massages telling me I can not receive a ping and not to wait there

So next time I ignored it and stayed in the lot kind like what you were trying to do , I got the same msg saying I didn't get there on time then went back to the end of damn queu

Long story short , when it says to head to the terminals I just do it hopefully they will fix it before airport guys start giving us tickets for being there with no accepted ping which I thought was not allowed
It's not allowed but I've never had a cop come up to me to check my app to see if I had a pax while I was waiting. They mostly ticket for issues with the trade dress missing or out dated.

Gibman73

Taxi drivers don't have a union, what they have is an emblem that the city of San Francisco sold to them for 100K. If the city started giving rideshare drivers all the same lanes and privileges then they wouldn't sell any more emblems.

Euius

Taxi drivers don't have a union, what they have is an emblem that the city of San Francisco sold to them for 100K. If the city started giving rideshare drivers all the same lanes and privileges then they wouldn't sell any more emblems.
SF Medallions cost $250k, with about half being sold for $125k when the buyers waited for years under the prior system.

Taxi drivers have lobbyists, and Austin has shown 10k in a few politicians pockets works better than millions spent legally and openly.

motaz

In the past 2 day's I had 4 pings telling to head for the terminals, 3 times I didn't receive a ping and one time i didn't receive a ping and went back to the end of queue.

REX HAVOC

It seems as though when I miss the text to go to the airport the app will not assign me a run but instead puts me back in the cue with a 10 - 15 minute wait time. Unless its busy and then I always get pinged. Oakland Airport is different. I never seem to get bounced there.

ragnarkar

Tonight I got a ride out to SFO. I waited for 25 minutes before I got a text from Uber telling me I need to get to the Terminals in 8 minutes or I'd miss my place in line. So I take off 5 minutes before the expiration time and I head towards the terminal. Then I am driving to the terminal I get another text telling me I missed the run and I need to head back to the holding lot. I still had 4 minutes left before I was supposed to be at the Terminals. So I went through the terminal and I get another text telling me I won't be able to receive runs from the terminals. This system is so screwed up it makes me want to scream. Uber needs to get their shit together and stop wasting the drivers precious time.
Had something similar happen to me yesterday at SFO for 3 times in a row! I waited in the TNC lot for the message to head to the terminals and I did as it said, but I got the message that I didn't make it to the terminals in time once I got to the terminals which is complete BS. Wasted over an hour of my time!

I did like that feature in the beginning, but now I just ignore it and wait for the ping while in TNC lot.
Maybe I'll try that. Can anyone confirm if you'll still receive a ping if you stay in the TNC lot? Or I might just ask some of the fellow drivers in the lot today how they handle it.

Euius

Thats on the airport. They require UberLyft to wait outside the terminals.

If uber just did closest car instead of a queue, Uber drivers would just circle the terminals all day. Which would piss off the airport and they might deny uber the privilege of doing airport pickups at all

Because the airport was built with a taxi stand.

johnny pastrami

The taxis are in a lot in the domestic garage.

NASCAR1991

Airport lot has anywhere from 10000 to 19 000 priuses there.
Traffic is bad enough there.
Do you really want all those cars there.

Gibman73

Never gonna happen. Every 4 taxi's you see equaled 1 million dollars to the city of SF. That's a lot of money, now compare it to the lil cost of business licenses that uber drivers pay. Money talks my friend, and taxis give a lot of it to the city.

NASCAR1991

Drivers need to quit crying so much. We are already stealing the taxi biz for pennies on the dollar Lol.
Taxi have no business now.
If.you a taxi and havent switched yet....not sure why.
Some taxi drivers basically too technologically challenged.
I seen a taxi driver with a cell phone from 1600s...it had a pull out antenna...