• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Problem101

Goku09

So, i have been doing uber eats for about 2 months. It is always my secondary job and dinner time is my usual hours to work. However with the current holidays of new year and christmas, i can't figure out one thing which is, why there is decline in the numbers of deliveries i get now. Nothing wrong with the app or my ratings. I cant get my head around the fact that i used to make atleast 60 dollars if i just work for about 3 hrs. Now it is dead af. Talked with other UE drivers on the run they are saying that its seems to work fine for them. Lately i have noticed in the increase of new drivers in my area(dandenong, hallam, narre warren) maybe that could be the reason. Or its just holiday season. Also maybe UE is trying to attract new drivers by giving them more deliveries as compared to someone who is been doing this for quit a long.
Any suggestion.

Apollo

So, i have been doing uber eats for about 2 months. It is always my secondary job and dinner time is my usual hours to work. However with the current holidays of new year and christmas, i can't figure out one thing which is, why there is decline in the numbers of deliveries i get now. Nothing wrong with the app or my ratings. I cant get my head around the fact that i used to make atleast 60 dollars if i just work for about 3 hrs. Now it is dead af. Talked with other UE drivers on the run they are saying that its seems to work fine for them. Lately i have noticed in the increase of new drivers in my area(dandenong, hallam, narre warren) maybe that could be the reason. Or its just holiday season. Also maybe UE is trying to attract new drivers by giving them more deliveries as compared to someone who is been doing this for quit a long.
Any suggestion.
No conspiracy theories here Neil.Its quite for all uber platforms.:wink:

The Source

Yeah i thought so. But not a good business strategy by UE
When I started doing eats the pings would be very consistent. When uber announced the crackdown on students doing eats without a valid working visa I thought the number of delivery drivers would drop hence more pings for those still on the platform.

I've noticed since then that the eats pings have dried up and I seldom get food delivery requests now.

Then again when uber made driver accreditation and hire car licence compulsory for every driver I thought the same thing, more work for those still on the platform as it'd be harder to get onboarded for new drivers and many drivers driving without accreditation wouldn't be able to get one therefore no longer able to drive after the cut off date.

How wrong I was in both instances as I underestimated uber's ability to build an army of ants.

There are simply too many drivers now. The supply exceeds the demand by a very long way.

Paultl

Any suggestion.
"Af" must be the acronym of the week. I've noticed another new member using that one. Air filters, air fresheners. What does it mean Neil?