• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Problem with uber and Lyft id check

ukpete

Hi, I have just applied to drive for both companies and have passed all checks. The problem that I now now face is that my social security number has only just been issued as I am a UK national and have not yet worked here, so I didnt need a SS number before now. I want to be able to get my id docs to both Uber and Lyft but cannot see how to do this. Has anyone else had this problem? and is there an open uber greenspace that is actually open? I have been to the one based in the Wells Fargo centre only to find out that it closed a year ago!

ukpete

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
just got back from the park city uber hub, that closed over a year ago! has anyone ver had this sort of problem?

DriverMark

The Uber Hub is downtown. The Park City hub/lounge is only opened during Sundance (Jan/Feb).

And.... I just looked on Uber's site and it says the SLC Green Light Hub is perm closed. Odd. It was on Main and 2nd in whatever building that was up on I think the 13th floor. Not sure what you can do. The Lyft Hub I believe is out by the airport on North Temple and 2400 West.

Sounding like you are stuck trying to get it all done via online though :frown:. Good luck.

ukpete

The Uber Hub is downtown. The Park City hub/lounge is only opened during Sundance (Jan/Feb).

And.... I just looked on Uber's site and it says the SLC Green Light Hub is perm closed. Odd. It was on Main and 2nd in whatever building that was up on I think the 13th floor. Not sure what you can do. The Lyft Hub I believe is out by the airport on North Temple and 2400 West.

Sounding like you are stuck trying to get it all done via online though :frown:. Good luck.
Thank for your reply, I visited both the park city and downton slc hubs, both have been closed for over a year, I was told by a receptionist that all hubs are now closed. So far i have recieved 12 texts/emails telling me to take my docs to a hub! they dont exist. very frustarting to say the least.

Last edited:

DriverMark

Thank for your reply, I visited both the park city and downton slc hubs, both have been closed for over a year, I was told by a receptionist that all hubs are now closed. So far i have recieved 12 texts/emails telling me to take my docs to a hub! they dont exist. very frustarting to say the least.
Yea you will need to get a person on the phone with Uber. And be persistent and hopefully you may get a US based phone rep eventually.

ukpete

Yea you will need to get a person on the phone with Uber. And be persistent and hopefully you may get a US based phone rep eventually.
been on the phone at least 10 times, they do not eeven know that their own hubs are closed! after every call i get the same message, apologising for inconvenience etc, could i now take the docs to a hub!
Post automatically merged:

been on the phone again, escaleted to a higher team! they now want me to travel to denver office/hub to show my docs there. only 8 hours/500 miles away! does anyone know if the denver uber hub is even open?

Last edited:

ukpete

just checked the denver office phone number, disconnected! thank god i didnt just travel! there must be a head office number?

DriverMark

Vegas would be closer....... if there is one there.

Pretty ridiculous though. No reason they can't get you to a support person and you email the docs directly to them to handle. Problem with today's customer service with big companies though. Not just an Uber/Lyft problem.

You should check into DoorDash also. Deliver food until you get the Uber/Lyft thing sorted.

ukpete

just been on the phone again, they are escalating to another higher level. I do not think that there are any uber hubs open anywhere. not sure how they will resolve this, i cant be the only person in the USA to be suffering from this? The frustrating thing is that to even be here I have had to be checked and verified by the dept of homeland security and the USCIS.

Last edited:

MDesignzUbering

Not sure what Green Dot hub for Uber you been to but I started in April of this year and walked into the Uber office and picked up a couple of Uber stickers and finished my application(Insurance and registration of car needed for my approval) with them that day!! So the Uber Office in SLC has NOT been closed for a year or more!!! They may be closed now since a bunch of peeps were layed off according to the NY Post: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/technology/uber-layoffs.html... I would like to get the beacon from them since I do uber when it gets dark earlier and sometimes I do bar runs.

MDesignzUbering

just been on the phone again, they are escalating to another higher level. I do not think that there are any uber hubs open anywhere. not sure how they will resolve this, i cant be the only person in the USA to be suffering from this? The frustrating thing is that to even be here I have had to be checked and verified by the dept of homeland security and the USCIS.
I wish you luck!! I know it can be frustrating when dealing with it. I stumbled across these frustrations when it came to applying for a Apartment. The place was new to the approval part of your income when it comes to Uber/Lyft income. Gave them 4 months of statements from Uber/Lyft PLUS bank statements to prove I recieved that income(Highlighted each Uber/Lyft deposit)...Still got the run around for 2 months. told them to keep the $50 app fee and lose my app. I was NOT happy with that apartment complex. NOTE: that management company is run out of Phoenix, AZ and hard to get ahold of ANYONE at the actual apartment complex or company!!!