PRO TIP: FOR NEWBIES

uber strike

All you veteran drivers throw in your best tips on here for newbies. nothing that's going to get the newbie driving at a loss (like buying water). Only tips that will be most beneficial for the newbie. Nothing to get stars, but everything to get more money.

my best tip is to never accept a trip based on time only. the app will say you're only 4 minutes away but if the navigation is through the freeway, those 4 minutes can be 3 to 4 miles. remember, you don't get paid for pick up's so be smart. this is your business, always make decisions that will be beneficial and profitable for you. never drive at a loss, always check miles on waze.

uber strike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I feel like 4 minutes on a freeway is less costly than 4 minutes stop and go on city streets
stopping and going causes more wear and tear, but those 4 minutes on the freeway can turn into 10 minutes if you do take the streets. that's time you can be making money.
all i'm saying is that uber will try to trick you into thinking that you have a short pick up by only showing you time and not distance. uber will send you 4 miles away if you're near a freeway. so be aware of that and always check how many miles you have to drive for pick up. do not put unnecessary miles on your car.
depreciation is a greater cost than maintenance.

Optimus Uber

Waze doesn't calculate stop light time. It's a best case scenario. Like the others stated above, freeway is the best option most of the time.

Stop and go on city streets only saves the passengers money, it kills you on overhead. Tire wear, brake wear, there butt in your seat causing a bigger dimple in your seat wear. Crappier gas mileage.

Ant Banks

All you veteran drivers throw in your best tips on here for newbies. nothing that's going to get the newbie driving at a loss (like buying water). Only tips that will be most beneficial for the newbie. Nothing to get stars, but everything to get more money.

my best tip is to never accept a trip based on time only. the app will say you're only 4 minutes away but if the navigation is through the freeway, those 4 minutes can be 3 to 4 miles. remember, you don't get paid for pick up's so be smart. this is your business, always make decisions that will be beneficial and profitable for you. never drive at a loss, always check miles on waze.

play jazz music..if pax dont like it they prolly suck