• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Prius z-z-z-z-z-z-z-zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ Sound When AC/Heat Is Running

Uber Fish

Associating w Philly or Seattle drivers won’t help that squeaky clean image either.
Post automatically merged:

She’s allowed to ruboff whenever she wants.
If Seattle drivers ever went to war with Philly drivers, I'm jumpin ship and joining team Philly.

Christinebitg

and havent been able to get off.
Go to the Good Vibrations web site. They'll sell you something that'll work to fix that. :wink:

I'm prepared to replace the whole toilet
If you have to replace the whole works, the new one should be a Toto. They're almost impossible to clog.

I didn't say completely impossible, but they're pretty close to it.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Go to the Good Vibrations web site. They'll sell you something that'll work to fix that. :wink:

If you have to replace the whole works, the new one should be a Toto. They're almost impossible to clog.

I didn't say completely impossible, but they're pretty close to it.
Thanks. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I'll, keep it in mind. Right now the whole family is aware that no more cat poop gets flushed. I bought a box of dog poop disposable bags. They are going to have to get used to that routine now.

L DaVinci

Thanks. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I'll, keep it in mind. Right now the whole family is aware that no more cat poop gets flushed. I bought a box of dog poop disposable bags. They are going to have to get used to that routine now.
I’ll bet someone will plug the toilet right after you fix it, Murphy law.

mch

Funny you should say that, because I'm going to be up to my shoulders this weekend. I have to remove the whole toilet in my bathroom, because someone in my family, was flushing the kitty poop (from that 32 lb Maine Coon cat of ours) from the litter box down the toilet. Even though right on box of cat litter its says SUPER clumping formula.

View attachment 379127

I tried auguring the toilet, got it flowing somewhat now, to the point its usable, but its still got a rock solid clog somewhere in there. Gonna pull the whole tank and bowl off the floor and hopefully auger it from the back. Then ..... after I run a snake light and a mirror down the main drain, I'll have to shove my small hands down into the opening, probably up to my shoulder and see what I can grab or snake out.

If the stuff is jammed solid in the toilet itself, I'm prepared to replace the whole toilet since it may crack with me drilling away at it. Regardless, might as well replace the flush valve assembly because I'm sure it will get tweaked and I do not have the patience to run in there every 5 minutes with a screwdriver for a running toilet. Gone are the days of a simple ballcock assembly.

So....that's my day so far and why I got 3 hours sleep. Family screaming at 2:00 am because the flushed toilet was coming up into the bathtub. This is the second time in a week this has happened.

Yes I've been on the roof to check the vent pipes. All clear.

Guess what sounds an excited Italian family make when they see dirty toilet water is coming up the drain into the bathtub after they flush?

It's not ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Ouch, sorry to hear about that Honey Badger. That sucks!

RogerJS

I think I agree.
When I manually turn the squirrel cage with my hand I don't hear anything.

Can you tell me the honest price vs the you're about to get @@@@ed price for repair?
Ha
My 5 change outs were covered under warranty, (I’m thinking this will eventually become a recall item), but I think the dealership told me $450.. the part was around $100 the rest labor

dryverjohn

I think I agree.
When I manually turn the squirrel cage with my hand I don't hear anything.

Can you tell me the honest price vs the you're about to get @@@@ed price for repair?
Ha
As a very un handy person, but being poor as I drive for Uber. I was able to replace the squirrel cage motor with a new one that was purchased off amazon for $35, took a 10 and 8mm socket I think, maybe some phillips screws, worked like a charm after that. Reasonable mechanic I use, charges $150, Toyota I imagine would be much more, but I didn't check with them. Mine was a 2008 Prius, it's a common fail point according to my mechanic.

freddieman

I had a dry leaf stuck in my blower that .made some whizzing sound. Its not a prius but sounds like a similar problem. Just locate where the blower is to check if some leaf is in there. Since its fall days, some small dry leaf can make it through the air intake and make its way to the blower. I make sure the crevasse part below the windshield wipers is clear of leafs or any other debris.

ANThonyBoreDaneCook

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it may be the actual motor
As a very un handy person, but being poor as I drive for Uber. I was able to replace the squirrel cage motor with a new one that was purchased off amazon for $35, took a 10 and 8mm socket I think, maybe some phillips screws, worked like a charm after that. Reasonable mechanic I use, charges $150, Toyota I imagine would be much more, but I didn't check with them. Mine was a 2008 Prius, it's a common fail point according to my mechanic.
Update:

You were correct.
The motor was on it's way out.
3 screws, replace.
Easy fix :smiles:

tohunt4me

Has anyone else experienced this sound before?
I must admit, I neglected my air cabin filter for a few months. When I pulled it out to replace it, there was pretty much an entire tree in there haha.
I'm thinking there is a stem, leaf, gas receipt or thistle that is barely touching the squirrel cage while the air is blowing.
On the lowest speed it's a tink a tink a tink sound.
On the highest speed it's a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ like sound.
Hopefully it isn't a mouse skeleton :smiles:

Could this be rectified with a blast from an air compressor?
Could my thoughts be completely wrong and perhaps the blower is on it's way out?

Thoughts?
Ants?

View attachment 379075
The HAMSTER IS ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

clean out blower fan.
Replace motor( hamster) if needed.

Attachments