• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Prius around 400 a week?

Inshur

Jay67

I have a suburban now but with the mileage, lowered expectations, and via waitlist, it is too much to handle. I'm about to head to tower and other companies in the area tomorrow. But would anyone have any advice on where to find a good priced prius or stretch version? Thanks for reading

Jay67

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks man. The reason I've been putting off on renting is because having to not worry about insurance and registration costs has been convenient and seeing 400 weekly rental hybrids are enticing compared to my 770+ weekly costs on an suv.

Engineer

Via was good in the summer. There is no point of committing 14 hours per day to Via in fall/winter unless you have big problems with Uber.

By the way, don't be so picky about hybrid. Non-hybrid sedans(at least Asian makes) have good mpg's anyway. I'd suggest not to go with a small car, especially after Suburban. You'll feel like you're sitting in a non-reclining economy seat.

Jay67

Thanks for the reply. Yes I was reminded recently also that it'll be January in no time. And if the chevy's mileage ever becomes too unbearable, I can always take advantage of a minivan switch

Jay67

Damn, sorry to hear that. I guess the best options would be a 25 mpg combined Ford Transit Connect passenger or a supposed 28 mpg combined Mitsubishi Outlander. Has anyone ever heard of these 7 seaters being used for this business?

Casuale Haberdasher

Damn, sorry to hear that. I guess the best options would be a 25 mpg combined Ford Transit Connect passenger or a supposed 28 mpg combined Mitsubishi Outlander. Has anyone ever heard of these 7 seaters being used for this business?
POST # 7/Jay67: Aren't there TONS OF
Transit Connect cabs
already in NYC ?

Jay67

The transit connects I've seen have always been 5 seats but it only seems until this year that they have 7. I just hope it has enough for space

merkurfan

what about the Nissan NV15oo compact? (I think that is the one) I know they where using them in taxi fleets on the east cost. spose to be 25 city. I think they only seat 5 though :frown:

My wife had a 2011 Grand Caravan that would kiss 30 MPG on the highway, not sure why the poster further back said 14 mpg. maybe they have a different engine?

Jay67

Yea the Nissan van taxis are all over now. I guess the advantage is the increased head and leg room. The 911 lights at the back are interesting

I suppose your wife is gentle on the gas pedal. I definitely need more work on that, esp with my ride.

I saw a new ford transit connect on the road the other day. It looks pretty decent with those head/tail lights. I just can't understand why they'll still only make it a 5 seater

merkurfan

Yea the Nissan van taxis are all over now. I guess the advantage is the increased head and leg room. The 911 lights at the back are interesting

I suppose your wife is gentle on the gas pedal. I definitely need more work on that, esp with my ride.

I saw a new ford transit connect on the road the other day. It looks pretty decent with those head/tail lights. I just can't understand why they'll still only make it a 5 seater

weight limits or crash test standards would be my guess. Same reason the Mazda 5 seats 6 here and over seats it seats 7

Jay67

Yes when you put it that way, that makes a lot of sense. Besides why would they ever pass up the chance to split a six passenger group into two fares. Seems pretty logical