Princeton To JFK

Italnstallion99

I had my first call to JFK yesterday evening from Princeton.

I am concerned about the tolls I paid vs what Uber is paying me. I have a NY ezpass, not NJ

Here Ubers breakdown:

Fare: $98.43,
Toll: 23.60
Uber Fee: $18.71
Rider Fee/Payment $1.60 each

I checked my ezpass account, and I was charged a little more than the 23.60 uber is paying me for the tolls. Below is what I was charged by ezpass.

I also read somewhere that uber gives you an extra 20 when coming back from NY, which I did not get. Not sure though.

NJTP: $3.60
Gothels Bridge: $9.75
Veranzano Bridge: $11.08

Lepke

You have to politely and firmly request the return Verrazano toll. You got a $20 surcharge for going over the Goethals bridge. That's a surcharge for going into New York and it supposed to cover the bridge toll and a little bit extra because you can't pick up in New York. It's a throwback from the days when uber treated us better. That does not take into consideration that because of where you live and work you need to return via the Verrazano Bridge. They will give you the Verrazano Bridge toll but you will have to deal with a few emails back and forth until you get it. Always be polite but be firm and if you have to mention that you may reconsider taking rides to JFK from the Princeton area if you do not receive this toll.

Italnstallion99

Thanks I will defiantly send the a message

Am I better off doing this via the app and selecting a fare adjustment? or do I need to email them directly instead? I know from previous posts they are not the quickest to respond

Lepke

Thanks I will defiantly send the a message

Am I better off doing this via the app and selecting a fare adjustment? or do I need to email them directly instead? I know from previous posts they are not the quickest to respond
Its up to you how you contact them. If you do it through the app choose the option that a toll was not applied. They will email you back saying that the total was applied and at that point you begin the back and forth to get your Verrazano Bridge toll.

Rocco Vespa

So, after your tolls and Uber fees you made about $54! That trip is approximately 60 miles one way, that had to cost you another $15 minimum. So, $40 for you and that's not including your cost of the miles back! I wouldn't do that ride again!

Italnstallion99

I just emailed them lets see what happens.

I am sure I will be going back and forth with uber on emails for s few days. Just so I can clarify and get this correct when they email me back, what is the amount I should be asking for in addition to what the already paid me? Am I just asking for the return portion of Verrazano Bridge toll?

SalvatoreUberNJ

Did you sit in traffic on the way back or you were able to get out of NY quick? That always makes a difference in how much you made.

Lepke

You want the Verrazano Bridge toll. you don't have to tell them it's for the return trip unless it comes to that. just keep telling them you cross that bridge and want that toll.

Lepke

Did you sit in traffic on the way back or you were able to get out of NY quick? That always makes a difference in how much you made.
From where this gentleman lives and works to be asked to return via the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel would be an undue burden.

Italnstallion99

There was very little traffic on the way back, but it did take me an hour and half to get back to my staging area. I also had NJ Turnpike tolls on the way back..

I will keep everyone posted and hopefully uber does the right thing

nickd8775

If the passenger says that their work is paying for the airport ride, leave the trip running till you get back to NJ. The pax could care less about the cost. The fare will be less than the fare from JFK. You'll get the Verrazano toll and $20 NY to NJ fee.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

If the passenger says that their work is paying for the airport ride, leave the trip running till you get back to NJ. The pax could care less about the cost. The fare will be less than the fare from JFK. You'll get the Verrazano toll and $20 NY to NJ fee.

BTW, little problem with your cunning plan. You have to submit a receipt for corporate expenses. Guess what's on the Uber receipt? A map of the path you took and the mileage. Don't you think any accounting department would see something is kind of off?

nickd8775

Or just tell the passenger that you cannot drive in NYC because you don't have a TLC license, but you'd be happy to get them across the bridge and they can transfer to another Uber in Staten Island.
That's how it should be, rides in NYC are at NYC's rates

Moondance

Ride to JFK are not worth it. Coming back u have to go thru the tunnels and and one into NJ work trips back. Good luck trying to get paid for the toll back