• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Primetime SCAM EVIDENCE

melxjr

Here is now proof that Lyft primetime IS in-fact a scam. So I tired requesting a ride and saw 75% added, Within 1-2 seconds switched to the driver app and it NEVER SHOWED a heatmap of primetime rates! Take a look at these screenshots. Is it time to send Lyft a piece of our mind; for misrepresentation of when a primetime is actually happening? Is this why they don't show us primetime? CLIENTS ARE BEING CHARGED A PRIME RATE AND LYFT DOESN'T ACTUALLY SHOW US THE TRUTH! Proof below. Shouldn't there be at least 25% or even 50% prime map before the 75%? THIS IS A SCAM! After signing back off to passenger app, THE PRIMETIME RATE WAS STILL BEING APPLIED!

KekeLo

Here is now proof that Lyft primetime IS in-fact a scam. So I tired requesting a ride and saw 75% added, Within 1-2 seconds switched to the driver app and it NEVER SHOWED a heatmap of primetime rates! Take a look at these screenshots. Is it time to send Lyft a piece of our mind; for misrepresentation of when a primetime is actually happening? Is this why they don't show us primetime? CLIENTS ARE BEING CHARGED A PRIME RATE AND LYFT DOESN'T ACTUALLY SHOW US THE TRUTH! Proof below. Shouldn't there be at least 25% or even 50% prime map before the 75%? THIS IS A SCAM! After signing back off to passenger app, THE PRIMETIME RATE WAS STILL BEING APPLIED!

I tested this theory several times with Lyft, and I also took the run and it was no PT. I look at pax app, and it said 50%, 75%, 100%, and I still got paid for a regular fare. I did this for hours one night.

melxjr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tested this theory several times with Lyft, and I also took the run and it was no PT. I look at pax app, and it said 50%, 75%, 100%, and I still got paid for a regular fare. I did this for hours one night.
We need to send E-mails to lyft notating that we KNOW they're scamming us and get an attorney involved.

JaxUbermom

You need a team. One driver, one rider, so that you can prove the rider paid a higher fare than you were paid. Maybe book your own ride for research purposes and drive yourself somewhere. That way you have iron clad proof. I have read about surge/PT being manipulated algorithmically right down to the rider, and the driver, in articles, not just in forum conspiracy theories.
One, it's fraud, two it's theft of services and three it would be a pretty easy case and a lot of bad press.
Done being what we call a sea lawyer, back in my navy days. Lol. We have a LOT of them here. Ha ha. But you need your solid proof and it takes the information from the exact same trip from both sides of the ap.
And I see this a lot on Uber right now. My pax ap will say surge, but my driver one does. To. I have never been brave enough to order myself for a ride, and see what happens. Logically I am closest to my own pin, but would be super interesting to see if I got another driver for some very weird reason.

melxjr

You need a team. One driver, one rider, so that you can prove the rider paid a higher fare than you were paid. Maybe book your own ride for research purposes and drive yourself somewhere. That way you have iron clad proof. I have read about surge/PT being manipulated algorithmically right down to the rider, and the driver, in articles, not just in forum conspiracy theories.
One, it's fraud, two it's theft of services and three it would be a pretty easy case and a lot of bad press.
Done being what we call a sea lawyer, back in my navy days. Lol. We have a LOT of them here. Ha ha. But you need your solid proof and it takes the information from the exact same trip from both sides of the ap.
And I see this a lot on Uber right now. My pax ap will say surge, but my driver one does. To. I have never been brave enough to order myself for a ride, and see what happens. Logically I am closest to my own pin, but would be super interesting to see if I got another driver for some very weird reason.
The problem is, They show us primetime with a heatmap yes? I see no heatmap, thats PROOF

KekeLo

What makes matter worse with Lyft, cuz I did this research on NYE, and the whole city was pink:rolleyes:

melxjr

What makes matter worse with Lyft, cuz I did this research on NYE, and the whole city was pink:rolleyes:
Yup they claim it's an old request, BS. Hardly think someone on NYE waited 3 hours for their Lyft driver to accept and show up. It was all pink 3 hours before I started working. This was an old request? HUH?

AllenChicago

I NEVER see the heat map. Just a bar at the top of map that says, "Prime Time xx% More". Every now and then one of my ride fares shows up in the color GREEN (which denotes a Prime Time ride) on the Daily Pay Summary...but not often.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've been occasionally pressing the "Drop Off/Rating" button before the passenger leaves the car. I tell them what the fare was and ask if their device shows the same. In the 3 or 4 times I've done this, both my app and their app fare matches exactly. I would advise all drivers to do this from time-to-time. If Lyft is charging the passenger more than what your phone says, they'll face serious legal troubles from PASSENGERS and DRIVERS. Personally, I don't think Lyft Execs are that dumb... but you never know. Let's find out. Run the Driver/Passenger fare comparison test a few times, and post results to this thread.

Diyor Khamrakulov

I feel you. I opened a thread about Lyft p/t problems during NYE too.

I drive in SF, between 11:00pm and 3:00am 75% of the city was solid dark pink. I picked up people from a busy club area that was pink for miles in every direction. I got 0% p/t.

There was no way those passangers got a regular priced Lyft with no P/T 2:00am NYE.

I ended up in Berkley, wasted so much time getting back to the city. Missed the celebration with my family and made regular priced fares on NYE. I drive for uber during pick hours now.

melxjr

I NEVER see the heat map. Just a bar at the top of map that says, "Prime Time xx% More". Every now and then one of my ride fares shows up in the color GREEN (which denotes a Prime Time ride) on the Daily Pay Summary...but not often.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've been occasionally pressing the "Drop Off/Rating" button before the passenger leaves the car. I tell them what the fare was and ask if their device shows the same. In the 3 or 4 times I've done this, both my app and their app fare matches exactly. I would advise all drivers to do this from time-to-time. If Lyft is charging the passenger more than what your phone says, they'll face serious legal troubles from PASSENGERS and DRIVERS. Personally, I don't think Lyft Execs are that dumb... but you never know. Let's find out. Run the Driver/Passenger fare comparison test a few times, and post results to this thread.
This directly is very hard to prove, due to the audacity of asking a pax what their statement says, they know and abuse this. Let's gather more proof, but as it stands, they misrepresent what the heatmap actually means and how it actually represents what rates are currently being charged. This alone is a legal suite.

KekeLo

I ran it over and over on NYE. My area was pink. On pax app, it said, 50, 75, 100% PT. I got no primetime.

Diyor Khamrakulov

I think that the problem here is NOT that they are trying to charge the passengers more and pay the driver is less. I think in that competition field with UBER, Lyft will always try to charge passengers less. Even if it's a prime time, it makes more sense for them to keep the payments low for the passenger. Meaning showing the primetime area on the map for the driver first, and then claiming that there was no primetime later.

AllenChicago

This directly is very hard to prove, due to the audacity of asking a pax what their statement says, they know and abuse this. Let's gather more proof, but as it stands, they misrepresent what the heatmap actually means and how it actually represents what rates are currently being charged. This alone is a legal suite.
Melxjr, passengers like the fact that you're using a quality control measure. I simply say, "My phone says your ride was $9.72...does yours say that same Jim?" It's a very easy way to verify if the system was or was not accurate.

sidewazzz

I'll bite because I thought this very thing... so I got my tablet, and two smart phones. think of it as 1 driver and two riders.

I noticed when you barely opened the rider app it would sometimes show a PT rate of 25% to 100%. at the same time the driver app wouldn't show any pink around but there was a PT somewhere.

In that moment I thought I had Lyft and request a pick up but when I did the PT went away on the rider app. and I request a ride with no PT (cancel). keep in mind the rider app has been on maybe all of 10 to 15 seconds.

PT happens fast... very fast! I think what ends up happening is the GPS on the phone or app is trying to pick up your location and it just happens to be that there is a PT going on so rather then the app showing a flat rate it automatically puts up the highest PT that's going on. Once it picks up your location (few seconds) it will adjust accordingly.

this is what I've observed over the last couple days.

JaxUbermom

The problem is, They show us primetime with a heatmap yes? I see no heatmap, thats PROOF
Like Uber, they say driver maps are slower because it is request dependent. It's why I started turning on the pax ap and surfing around my map. I found pax surges where none EVER showed on the driver map.

For those with IOS there is an ap that actually let's you put in your sweet spots and it tracks the surge via the pax ap... Not the driver map. I looked at it yesterday, but didn't find an android equivalent. But for all you ap builders out there, that one would be the key. Use the pax ap not our lame ass fake driver aps.

AllenChicago

I think that the problem here is NOT that they are trying to charge the passengers more and pay the driver is less. I think in that competition field with UBER, Lyft will always try to charge passengers less. Even if it's a prime time, it makes more sense for them to keep the payments low for the passenger. Meaning showing the primetime area on the map for the driver first, and then claiming that there was no primetime later.
Why would Lyft show a Prime-Time that doesn't exist, on our phones? I get more rides when the Prime-Time bar isn't there, and am glad when it goes away, LOL.

sidewazzz

when I work Lyft or Uber I have my phone with the driver app going and my tablet with the pax app going. I able to see what surge is like on Uber and to the second what PT is. when I get a request I will move the pax pin to that location to see what the rate is at that moment and decide to take it or not.

Diyor Khamrakulov

Why would Lyft show a Prime-Time that doesn't exist, on our phones? I get more rides when the Prime-Time bar isn't there, and am glad when it goes away, LOL.
Where I work, in San Francisco. I would wake up in the morning and see there is 150% prime time at 7:00am, so I'm out of the door in 10 minutes. I pickup people going to work and get 0-25% primetime.

If Lyft app would show 25% primetime from the beginning, I would be in my house sleeping. I can get that rate any time of the day. No need to wake up 6:00am.

JaxUbermom

I think you answered your own question in a way. Uber uses surge map to herd drivers into with volume areas and thereby cancel surge, benefitting the passenger. They (TNCs) don't really lose because they get their pound of flesh from us no matter what.
So a fake PT showing to a driver or "delayed" one serves the same purpose. It moves drivers to pick up where requests just took an asset away on a ride.