1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Primetime mind games

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Leo1983, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Leo1983

Leo1983 Member

Today I dropped off a passenger and I was almost i. A 250% cube. Next to that one was a 100% cube.
    So I waited but no requests. I drove around a bit and one request from a 75% line. It was weird because there was no 75% around me.
    So after declining two calls the percentage went to 300%. The one next to it went to 150%. Then two minutes later they both disappeared. But checking through the lyft app I saw that the primetime was still in effect.
    So I parked and I waited. Checking the primetime from the lyft app.
    So ten minutes later it's all finished and I'm
    Just sitting there baffled.
    I mean if the primetime is going up as you're In the zone doesn't that mean there are requests?!
    Anyways I'm convinced it's all rigged to keep you at $20 fair and hr max. No matter what I do I can't break that threshold by much.
    So lyft it's time I leave
    Fair well.

2. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just because you see 300%, doesnt mean pax are going to request at that rate. Would you?

3. swingset

swingset Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    That's not how it works....what you see is not a guarantor of PT or that riders will be hailing drivers at that rate.

4. Leo1983

Leo1983 Member

I get that. My question is if there are no requests why would the percentage continue to climb?

But if there are no requests why would the primetime continue to rise?

5. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Probably from many pay having app open getting fare estimate

6. Leo1983

Leo1983 Member

If their algo is set to account for potential rides, then they are stupid. Most of the times its drivers getting fair estimates to check availability.
    I would think only actual requests would be accounted for. But then Again this is Lyft and the shade is real with this one.

unPat likes this.
  7. Yozee

Yozee Active Member

Twisted psychology...Lyft shows you the driver 300% to lure you in for 25%...Plus, most often I noticed Lyft's surge map is few blocks away from where it should be, that's how you sit in surge only to get multiple requests from outside surge area...

8. Leo1983

Leo1983 Member

They don't show percentages anymore lol. One day they let you see the amount of the request and another they take away the ability to know beforehand. Whomever is running these companies is bad at it. I mean if you're trying to build a sustainable business. As of now they operate like a ponzie scheme