• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Primadona gives an undeserved one star rating

Picked up a young couple in their 20s at Newark airport. I had a 4.96 rating mainly bc I like to converse with the pax’s and I am friendly and nice.
I asked the pac if they did not mind if I went the local way I know instead of the toll roads so they’ll save $3 and it was 3 to 5 mins longer. The guy says no just go through the turnpike. I hate the Nj turnpike bc some exits are confusing with the Russian dolls exits one exit inside another and another exit plus the gps is slightly delayed and gives u the info as iu are already at the exit. I almost made a mistake at an exit and they told me which way to go. I said see! This is why I don’t like taking the turnpike. It’s confusing. Not for them bc they knew the route. After that there was complete silence. I put their heavy luggage in the trunk when I picked them up, made short conversation even after the “incident” and took the luggage out at the end of the ride and wished them a good week ahead. I gave him a 3 star, stupid me. The a-hole Gave me a 1 star and wrote me up for bad service, bad driving ( previous Pax’s actually commend me for being a goid driver / smooth rides) and a bad route when I went the way he wanted. It brought my rating down a .1 point. I was trying to get it higher. I go all out being nice and being myself. I feel passengers need to be educated about how to rate. Immediately I had to wait almost 1.5 hours for the next ride. Uber has ways to punish u for any Tati f below 5. I felt like going back to his house and leaving some literature about how his one star cost me money. Has anyone e gone back to someone’s house to defend their position? I m know my rating is high and the rating system is bs. But it does affect u getting rides when an entitled person thinks that they did not get perfection even though things were good. Also a pax can change a rating even months later when the driver can not change ratings that he/she is forced to give in the spot and usually as the pac still in the car seeing what u rate them.

Don'tchasethesurge

Upon reading it does sound like you may have deserve lower rating, maybe not 1 but 2-3? It’s not the pax fault that you get confused by turnpike. They expect the drivers to know. Anyways why you care about 1 star? Does it take money away? Move on partner and get comfortable driving on the turnpike.

Joe m23

Go back to the trip and adjust that trip rating to 1 star if you are allowed to re-rate. You are probably upset because they 1 starred you. if you knew that was coming, why then did you rate them more than 1 star ?

HPRohit

1) Don't go back to a passengers house....nothing good will happen
2)Drive your own route unless they hand you cash money...they are going to 1-star you anyway. Tell them you are going the route you know, and they are free to exit the vehicle anytime they choose. Go the way that aggravates you less. If you're right and it saves them time/money, maybe it'll save your rating. If you're wrong, they were going 1-star you anyway.
3)Stop caring about your rating. You don't get paid more, and awful people out there will ding it for no reason. If you've maintained a 4.9+ this long any 1-star is clearly the paxholes fault.

O-Side Uber

These pax are expecting a professional driver. If you can’t drive on the turnpike , this might not be the job for you. This is like me ordering a bacon cheeseburger and the person behind the counter is trying to talk me into ordering a plain burger because it’s too confusing to make me a bacon cheeseburger. 🤷🏻‍♂️

uberparadise

Picked up a young couple in their 20s at Newark airport. I had a 4.96 rating mainly bc I like to converse with the pax’s and I am friendly and nice.
I asked the pac if they did not mind if I went the local way I know instead of the toll roads so they’ll save $3 and it was 3 to 5 mins longer. The guy says no just go through the turnpike. I hate the Nj turnpike bc some exits are confusing with the Russian dolls exits one exit inside another and another exit plus the gps is slightly delayed and gives u the info as iu are already at the exit. I almost made a mistake at an exit and they told me which way to go. I said see! This is why I don’t like taking the turnpike. It’s confusing. Not for them bc they knew the route. After that there was complete silence. I put their heavy luggage in the trunk when I picked them up, made short conversation even after the “incident” and took the luggage out at the end of the ride and wished them a good week ahead. I gave him a 3 star, stupid me. The a-hole Gave me a 1 star and wrote me up for bad service, bad driving ( previous Pax’s actually commend me for being a goid driver / smooth rides) and a bad route when I went the way he wanted. It brought my rating down a .1 point. I was trying to get it higher. I go all out being nice and being myself. I feel passengers need to be educated about how to rate. Immediately I had to wait almost 1.5 hours for the next ride. Uber has ways to punish u for any Tati f below 5. I felt like going back to his house and leaving some literature about how his one star cost me money. Has anyone e gone back to someone’s house to defend their position? I m know my rating is high and the rating system is bs. But it does affect u getting rides when an entitled person thinks that they did not get perfection even though things were good. Also a pax can change a rating even months later when the driver can not change ratings that he/she is forced to give in the spot and usually as the pac still in the car seeing what u rate them.
Don’t beat yourself up, keeping a perfect rating is basically impossible. It all evens out!

disp350

With ratings, you reap what you sew. First, you have to learn to ignore the .1 fluctuations. They happen all the time. One week up a point, next week down. Second, I don't converse other then hello unless the pax wants to talk. Third, learn your area better and don't admit you don't like the TP - it shows your not sure of your abilities. And last, I'll take the grief for this, but what do you accomplish by downrating? If it makes you feel better, you need to adjust that attitude. All you do is piss off the pax that follow their ratings and invite a return low rating, that affects you more then them. I've given out less than 5 stars less then 10 times in over 3 1/2 years. A pax has to really be an ahole, like leaving their food trash on the seat, for me to downrate. It's not worth it. Sometimes you just have to take the shit and move on to the next pax.

DiceyDan

You could politely mention there is a delay in the GPS (when you see it's a turnpike destination), and ask if they'd help guide you. If they are rude and dismissive, 1 star and can get their own luggage out.

I said see! This is why I don’t like taking the turnpike.
See! This is why you got a 1-star. Well, this comment + the fact that you 3 star'd the pax. Riders do not want to be scolded or lectured. And if you're going to give them anything less than a 5 just expect the 1 in return.

My honest advice - you are WAYYYY too hung up on a phony star rating that barely matters. You are greatly over exaggerating it's importance. In 500 more rides, that 1 star will go away. Just move on.

RideshareUSA

Welcome to the shit-sandwich known as Uber. It's tastes as awful as it sounds, and we all have to take a big bite!

RideshareUSA

With ratings, you reap what you sew. First, you have to learn to ignore the .1 fluctuations. They happen all the time. One week up a point, next week down. Second, I don't converse other then hello unless the pax wants to talk. Third, learn your area better and don't admit you don't like the TP - it shows your not sure of your abilities. And last, I'll take the grief for this, but what do you accomplish by downrating? If it makes you feel better, you need to adjust that attitude. All you do is piss off the pax that follow their ratings and invite a return low rating, that affects you more then them. I've given out less than 5 stars less then 10 times in over 3 1/2 years. A pax has to really be an ahole, like leaving their food trash on the seat, for me to downrate. It's not worth it. Sometimes you just have to take the shit and move on to the next pax.
You're such a hypocrite.
So the few times you rated below five stars, what did that accomplish for you? Duh!
Post automatically merged:

Yum... thank you master may I have another
Yes. And for being such an obedient ant, you get a DOUBLE shit sandwich. Would you like a pickle on the side?

uberparadise

It happens to everyone eventually. There are jerks that will 1 Star you and without merit. Remember, everyone gets that kind of rider now and then. Uber judges us all based on each other. We all get that kind of rider eventually! You will slowly work through it. It’s not that big of a deal.

MiamiKid

Do not worry about this. It is GUARANTEED to happen, to every single one of us, if we drive long enough.

I'm sporting quite a few one ☆ and still have a 4.87 rating. In fact, now welcome the one ☆ as there's lots of things I simply won't put up with.

Last edited:

UStaxman

1. I believe there is ZERO difference in the Logarithm because of a new ‘1 star’ and certainly no difference between 4.96 and 4.95.
2. Ratings can lag several riders- even though we can ‘guess’ which one- it is not certain....NEVER contact a rider about a rating- Quick way to be deactivated!
3. I never discuss route with rider unless brought up and only then I provide them with my professional reasons... ‘in my experience there are several ways to get from one place to another and my experience this is the best [insert reason].
* In my market I almost always choose freeway over backroads (distance pays us more than time) because freeways provide smoother ride for my myself, my car, and my passenger! I will occasionally take the freeway around our city when going from on side to the other rather than cutting thru (even at night when little traffic).... more $$ for me, same time, and same $$ for passenger, smoother ride. If pressed I have said ‘I just came in on Forest Ave- there was an accident or traffic is very heavy’. Remember- You are the professional, speak from strength and experience!

MiamiKid

Since it’s your car that you’re driving and not theirs you should take whatever route you prefer.
I say exactly the same thing. However, from a stress point of view, it's normally easier to just go along with the pax.

But not always. There are those times when the pax route will be ludicrous. In those cases, I refuse to go along with them and follow navigation or my own proven route.

And then, totally accept the down rating. Who cares?

UbaBrah

These pax are expecting a professional driver. If you can’t drive on the turnpike , this might not be the job for you. This is like me ordering a bacon cheeseburger and the person behind the counter is trying to talk me into ordering a plain burger because it’s too confusing to make me a bacon cheeseburger. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Exactly. I drive whatever the GPS tells me unless they correct me no questions asked. I would never give them an alternate route because it disrupts the experience and creates undue stress. It's their ride, they can get it how they want it.