1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Prices go down Uber advertises, when prices go up...

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Showa50, Oct 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    ... You have to do the work and find out how much.
    No real surprise here just slimy Uber being slimy. But the way they do it is important and drivers should be aware.

Screenshot_2015-10-10-09-06-41.png

chi1cabby and UberRidiculous like this.
  2. And apparently they did not tell the riders.

Im thinking, strike or not, we should all collectively do lyft.

UberXTampa, ocbob2, melxjr and 2 others like this.
  3. Charging the rider more? And us getting less?

money time and UberRidiculous like this.
  4. Genji

Genji

I'm convinced that 99% of passengers are 0% interested in the fare break down, they simply want cheapest way to get from point A to point B.

Remember the old workers poster? You can have:

Quality Work
    Fast Work
    Cheap Work

Pick any two.

With Uber you get all three.

davehaz and Showa50 like this.
  5. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes they did with the prompt. Lyft just as bad and will most likely follow with SRF increase.

6. HOLY SMOKES! Showa50Showa50 your post sparked my curiosity. So I checked Detroit and SRF is $2.30!!! So then I checked Los Angeles to compare and it's $1.65 SRF there. AND Detroit is still .75cents a mile. When Uber falls, I may throw a damn party. You got it right, Uber Slimy Uber!

melxjr, mizzrock and Battlecruiser like this.
  7. UberLaLa

UberLaLa

I got the SRF increase email last night while driving Hollywood - the city of $4 minimum fares. So, if the SRF was $1 in L.A. and the minimum fare is $4 in L.A. - wouldn't increasing the SRF to $1.65 take a driver's net of a $4 fare from $2.20 to $1.55 - on say a 6 block trip?

mizzrock likes this.
  8. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber

Driving:
    UberLUX
    No more $4 rides, they are $4.65, but you don't get any of it. Uber gave themselves a raise. Uber on!!
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  9. Battlecruiser

Battlecruiser

Commercial Livery Insurance and marketing/advertising is not seeming so out of reach when I add up the amount I paid uber in the past 12 months. Seems like a bargain when a forecast the next 12

UberRidiculous and Optimus Uber like this.
  10. melxjr

melxjr

Do Lyft.

UberRidiculous likes this.
  11. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    No, you get the same, ****ty pay. They now make more than you on min fare rides....yeah! You didn't need more than $2.40 anyways for going 3 miles to take them half mile.

12. UberLaLa

UberLaLa

Imagine a restaurant charging it's customers, on every bill, an insurance, staff training & safety fee. The menu still has the same prices on it didn't go up. But the restaurant's profit sure did!

Optimus Uber likes this.
  13. That's pretty chicken ****. As I see it the riders are paying for it and we get none of it. then the pax discover no more Min $4.00 trips $5.45. Will the pax think we got a raise ? U betcha, and take it out on the drivers rating, nice. Happy Holidays....

I wonder if the IRS can make heads or tails of there accounting.