Price of gas is going up Travis....

Uruber

I think that with gas prices going up and the need to used A/C all day long during summer we should get the rates up don't ya Travis? c'mon don't makes as take extreme measures like charging extra to turn the A/C on :p

No seriously, this will be my first summer doing Uber, have they ever changed the rates for previous summers? or is this just another example of my typical luck that just the first summer I start doing this there would be no increase in the rates? :rolleyes:

Deric

I think that with gas prices going up and the need to used A/C all day long during summer we should get the rates up don't ya Travis? c'mon don't makes as take extreme measures like charging extra to turn the A/C on :p

No seriously, this will be my first summer doing Uber, have they ever changed the rates for previous summers? or is this just another example of my typical luck that just the first summer I start doing this there would be no increase in the rates? :rolleyes:
Summer time was $1/mile...18c/minute. Yeah this year they didn't adjust

Uruber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep like 2.79 or so when I filled up today. Even in my Prius my mpg is down 5 mpg when I use a/c. Got tinted windows and all. I can only imagine what it's like in non hybrids
Same here Prius, tinted windows but yeah I have noticed that I have been paying more every time I fill it up.

You can argue that by introducing the metal multipliers, they did give Xers (or, at least those heavy hitters on X who deserve it most) a big time raise this summer.
Well that is true, if you do this right you normally don't drive by the regular rate, but then again if the regular rate goes up,so should the metals :biggrin:

WMUber

Yep like 2.79 or so when I filled up today. Even in my Prius my mpg is down 5 mpg when I use a/c. Got tinted windows and all. I can only imagine what it's like in non hybrids
A/C hurts hybrids' gas mileage more than gasoline only cars. I have a lazy V-8 and my mileage is the same regardless.

In a gas only car, a belt is always running the compressor. In a luxury car, the air is always circulating, it's just a function of the speed of the blower.

In a Hybrid, A/C uses the battery power, thus making the car use more gasoline.

So in a nutshell...

The bigger the engine, it smaller loss in fuel efficiency when running the A/C.

Shotime4

You can argue that by introducing the metal multipliers, they did give Xers (or, at least those heavy hitters on X who deserve it most) a big time raise this summer.
true..why would they raise the rates when they are already paying out the metal incentives

Uruber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the latest from Gas Buddy.... It seems that gas prices will go down... keep your fingers crossed.

View attachment 46522
Well I seriously doubt it that we will see a $2.27 per gallon in Los Angeles, but if it goes down it would be great, no so much also or Travis may think we are getting too much profit and lower rates and medals again :p

Too Many Miles

Obviously your first summer!
Yes, in 2014 rates were dropped for summer, and if I am not wrong, at the end of summer they said that we were keeping the lower rates.
TRAVIS DOESN'T CARE!!!! In fact he is probably thinking of applying a surge if the gas prices increase, that is a surge on Uber's fee of course, say maybe 5% more.