pretty sure im quitting uber

lrod1887

so been about 6 weeks since i drove.

I been making extra money at work. I work about 50-55 hours a week now. And I make $50 cash on saturdays by helping a friend with 2-2.5 hours of yard work (CASH) , so i dont feel the need to work any more. Just for wear and tear on my car and headaches and having to take time out of my weekend to work for a few bucks. Unless its surging which it hasnt the last time i tried riding.

A few months ago i couldnt imagine not ubering but now I can look myself relaxing and not worrying about waiting and staying up late, etc.

:smiles:

mghtyred

Sounds like Uber is not for you. Think you're making the right choice. You have another job, apparently you're making enough to get by, why not have some leisure time? Good luck to you.

Titan

You all are going about this the Wrong Way ........ This is RIDE-SHARE ..... which simply means you are sharing your ride and expense of said ride with someone or someones, going your direction. Example, your going to the Beach. I think i will turn on the app and see if anyone happens to be going to the Beach and will share the ride and expense with that person or persons. Now.... when we all get to the Beach, I will just turn off the app, collect my 5 bucks, and go get a tan for the next 6 or 7 hours. Repeat for your return trip home after enjoying a great day at the Beach.

See .... simple..... You had a great time / day and made an extra $10 or $15 bucks. These "Ride-Share" services where never meant to be a Full - Time or Part-Time Job. If they where you all would be Employees !!!! This is also why they are flooding the streets with so many "Ride-Share" Drivers. Because someone is always going somewhere...... This also explains why its slow during the Holidays. Because everyone is staying home with family ...... as you should be too.

So, you see ...... If all drivers would just approach this Gig with the above explanation we all would be Happy - Go - Lucky Uber / Lyft Ride - Share Drivers ...... Don't ya think ???? :smiles:

Last edited:

PacificCoast

You all are going about this the Wrong Way ........ This is RIDE-SHARE ..... which simply means you are sharing your ride and expense of said ride with someone or someones, going your direction. Example, your going to the Beach. I think i will turn on the app and see if anyone happens to be going to the Beach and will share the ride and expense with that person or persons. Now.... when we all get to the Beach, I will just turn off the app, collect my 5 bucks, and go get a tan for the next 6 or 7 hours. Repeat for your return trip home after enjoying a great day at the Beach.

See .... simple..... You had a great time / day and made an extra $10 or $15 bucks. These "Ride-Share" services where never meant to be a Full - Time or Part-Time Job. If they where you all would be Employees !!!! This is also why they are flooding the streets with so many "Ride-Share" Drivers. Because someone is always going somewhere...... This also explains why its slow during the Holidays. Because everyone is staying home with family ...... as you should be too.

So, you see ...... If all drivers would just approached this Gig with the above explanation we all would be Happy - Go - Lucky Uber / Lyft Ride - Share Drivers ...... Don't ya think ???? :smiles:
**2 thumbs up**

Bangle44

So, you see ...... If all drivers would just approach this Gig with the above explanation we all would be Happy - Go - Lucky Uber / Lyft Ride - Share Drivers ...... Don't ya think ???? :smiles:
Except there is no way to find someone "going your direction". Uber can not work the way you would like it to. Nice idea though. The lyft destination filter comes close, but has been proven to be virtually impossible to find anyone in a reasonable time.