• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Prescheduled trips

Daisey77

Is there a way to see the prescheduled time frame prior to arriving at pickup address?
I actually just learned this the other day, after five years of driving! LOL if it's the same in Chicago as this here, once you accept the request there is a little I believe clock icon on the bottom left corner. On that icon there's a little blue symbol. You click on that and it'll bring it up. The picture I attached shows where the location of this icon would be but it's not an actual scheduled ride request.

20191202_051645.jpg

Dekero

Lord knows... Uber Loves to find a driver and send us there 20-30 mins early expecting us to wait that time at $.15 a minute.... FOOK THAT I ain't waiting around for that an hour rate when I can catch another ride now and keep my 20-30 an HR average.... Nutz

chicago1010

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lord knows... Uber Loves to find a driver and send us there 20-30 mins early expecting us to wait that time at $.15 a minute.... FOOK THAT I ain't waiting around for that an hour rate when I can catch another ride now and keep my 20-30 an HR average.... Nutz
Today I arrived 20 min. Before the scheduled time, had I knew this I would have declined the ride. So I agree with you and in the future I will probably cancel.

Ian Richard Markham

I actually just learned this the other day, after five years of driving! LOL if it's the same in Chicago as this here, once you accept the request there is a little I believe clock icon on the bottom left corner. On that icon there's a little blue symbol. You click on that and it'll bring it up. The picture I attached shows where the location of this icon would be but it's not an actual scheduled ride request.
View attachment 383743
Wow cool tip, thanks for the screen shot and clear explanation.

MiamiKid

View attachment 383743
Good information. Thx

DriverMark

Keep in mind also, not sure with Uber, but on Lyft you will get no surge pricing with a scheduled pickup. Granted that might be jacked up with PPZ bs now. Anyway, found out hard way you get shafted on surge with scheduled rides. Don't pick up Lyft Scheduled rides if you think it might be surging at pickup time.

Surgeio

Today I arrived 20 min. Before the scheduled time, had I knew this I would have declined the ride.
This happened to me once, and I thought it was a fluke. The next time I accepted a scheduled trip, it also had me arrive way too early. Now, I only accept scheduled trips when using a Destination Filter.

Daisey77

Keep in mind also, not sure with Uber, but on Lyft you will get no surge pricing with a scheduled pickup. Granted that might be jacked up with PPZ bs now. Anyway, found out hard way you get shafted on surge with scheduled rides. Don't pick up Lyft Scheduled rides if you think it might be surging at pickup time.
Both platforms, unless there's a surge attached on the incoming request, you won't be paid any surge even if it is surging. Even if it comes across with a surge attached, that is the only surge you will get paid. They will never convert over to pay a higher amount

There was one incident where I did arrive 30 minutes prior but typically it's more 10 to 15 minutes. I rarely rarely run X. It's XL or select. Therefore I don't mind waiting the 10 to 15 minutes. It also helps that our airport is a minimum 30 mins/25 mi from most parts of town.

New Uber driver here - I know that riders can schedule a trip ("pick up tomorrow at 800 AM for the airport"). How do I (as a driver) get those scheduled trips? Bottom line is I am looking for longer ($$$) trips to the airport, etc. vs several smaller $ 4 trips around the neighborhood. Thanks!

Daisey77

New Uber driver here - I know that riders can schedule a trip ("pick up tomorrow at 800 AM for the airport"). How do I (as a driver) get those scheduled trips? Bottom line is I am looking for longer ($$$) trips to the airport, etc. vs several smaller $ 4 trips around the neighborhood. Thanks!
Uber dispatches them like any other request. Lyft will post them if they are available for you to grab. as far as which ones you want, that's up to you to learn bud

Amos69

Doors.

Coachman

The last scheduled trip I accepted I arrived and the app gave me this crazy 20 minute window. Fortunately the pax came right out.

Amos69

This happened to me once, and I thought it was a fluke. The next time I accepted a scheduled trip, it also had me arrive way too early. Now, I only accept scheduled trips when using a Destination Filter.
In Seattle market we make more to wait than we do to drive ( time pay) so if I get to an XL p/u 20 minutes early I arrive and shut down the rig. Making money to post on UP is divine.

chicago1010

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tried tapping the little blue button, but it didn't provide any info. Maybe a Chicago thing.

Daisey77

I tried tapping the little blue button, but it didn't provide any info. Maybe a Chicago thing.
That's weird. I've only tried it once because like I said I just learned about it but it worked. It definitely worked for me. I had about 10 minutes to kill. That sucks. Im sorry 😕