1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Prepare for mandatory Mc Donalds stops

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by EddyStone, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM.

1. EddyStone

EddyStone Active Member

https://www.uber.com/blog/multiple-destinations-us/

Be ready to devalue your time even more as you make stops at Rotten Ronnie's on your rides for your pax.

"Each destination will update automatically in your app and your fares will continue to include time and distance rates on trips with multiple stops."

"Your fares will continue to include time and distance rates on trips with multiple stops, and you’ll be paid for any time you spend waiting at each stop. Riders know that each stop should be less than 3 minutes, so you can get back on the road as soon as possible."

It's like they are making this experience beneficial in every way possible for them(Uber) and the pax, we have absolutely no leverage, benefit or incentive other than being paid a disproportionate amount for the service we provide. "180 days of change" is what you will earn driving for Uber.

I'm kidding though, I still make money, I just want more lol.

2. AlphaUber

AlphaUber Well-Known Member

Can we cancel after 3 minutes? Rider - No Show?

PrestonT likes this.
  3. Harry70

Harry70 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It’s a good feature . I have tested it

4. Zokipoki

Zokipoki Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    18 cents per minute is gold mine for drivers. just imagine the earnings potential

Santa and Harry70 like this.
  5. EddyStone

EddyStone Active Member

You gonna cancel when you sitting in Rotten Ronnie's drive-thru for 20 minutes at 3am with 4 drunk pax? good luck

That's $10.80/hour bro, i could retire off that. Get me a nice box to sleep in under the Gardiner by Lakeshore and Bathurst. A man can only dream.

gbaby and Happy Paul like this.

6. Zokipoki

Driving:
    Livery

luckily this won't affect zokipoki. as zoki's first stop is his last, no exceptions. 'sorry bro, i have another pickup'

7. AlphaUber

AlphaUber Well-Known Member

Not sitting in Drive Thru LOL.

8. i_k

i_k Well-Known Member

With this feature is the first destination still calculated using upfront pricing, then additional stops calculated by time/km? Or is every stop, including first destination calculated by time/km?

9. RideShareJUNKIE

RideShareJUNKIE Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    3 minute rule will be enforced then, lol. Off the hook for drive thrus and grocery shopping.. Basically to drop off someone/something. It could be worse.

10. djino

djino Well-Known Member

Is this US only.. as the link indicates?

djino

11. Zokipoki

Driving:
    Livery
    i've had the opportunity to test it in the summer. they just add a stop and uber charges them normally. only issue is wait time and noone likes to wait with the current rates. but since rates will go up shortly, it may be worth a 5 minute wait, assuming is not a busy time.

i_k likes this.
  12. uberpoolfool

uberpoolfool Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    haha nice.

next time i'm bored and just want human pet, ring up an uber driver, put 100 destinations and go out on a joy ride....

Santa and Boaty McBoatface like this.
  13. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Well-Known Member

Taco uber mode! Uber language said should take 3 mins not that it will!!!