Premier rides

Lyft_94110

I got approved to give Premier rides on Lyft, and yesterday I gave my first two. Notes:
  • When you get a Premier ping, the theme is a light blue, and it says Premier.
  • The Premier pings were often longer distance away from where I was.
  • I expected passengers to be gussied up, but passengers were normal. One was a guy in shorts wanting to go from Foster City to Philz Coffee in Redwood City.
  • That ride from Foster City to Redwood City was an almost $40 fare, ca-ching. But it took me 15 minutes to reach him, see second bullet above.
  • In addition to the two actual Premier rides that I gave, I got at least four cancellations, and one of them was simply a no-show that I got the standard $5 no-show fee for (after waiting 5 minutes and phoning twice). I think people were trying it out to see what happens, and then cancelling.

Adieu

I got approved to give Premier rides on Lyft, and yesterday I gave my first two. Notes:
  • When you get a Premier ping, the theme is a light blue, and it says Premier.
  • The Premier pings were often longer distance away from where I was.
  • I expected passengers to be gussied up, but passengers were normal. One was a guy in shorts wanting to go from Foster City to Philz Coffee in Redwood City.
  • That ride from Foster City to Redwood City was an almost $40 fare, ca-ching. But it took me 15 minutes to reach him, see second bullet above.
  • In addition to the two actual Premier rides that I gave, I got at least four cancellations, and one of them was simply a no-show that I got the standard $5 no-show fee for (after waiting 5 minutes and phoning twice). I think people were trying it out to see what happens, and then cancelling.
Eh? Light blue?

Are you sure that wasnt a Line?

Waiiiiit.... Did I just intentionally skip Premier pings last night?

Jimmy Bernat

I think the Cancellation needs to be upped . It's $10 for Uber Select ,

One thing I've noticed from Uber Select customers is they are much nicer and easier to please then UberX , which was a complete shock to me . And yeah most of the time it's just normal people who don't want to ride in a Prius or Toyota Yaris .

I am a pretty standard guy and I almost always order Select and when Lyft launches premier in my market I'll probably take it most the time as I just prefer lyft , every time I take an Uber I have to make sure I have at least a couple bucks in cash which is very annoying

I am anxiously awaiting Premiere in Denver , even though my current UberSelect qualifying vehicle isn't on the Lyft Premium list

sUBERu2u

Ever since I bought my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Black, leather, 20" aluminum rims) I have been trying to get it approved for Lyft Premier. My car is not on their approved list. I have emailed CS every other month or so trying to convince someone it deserves to be premier. I've actually had PAX cancel on arrival when they see the car because the assume they accidentally chose a more expensive option. Pax constantly tell me they've never been in such a nice Uber/Lyft. It took me a couple months to get it approved for Select (ultimately Uber staff at Jiffy Lube did it for me and every Uber staff I have encountered since give me static about it) and finally after my last email to Lyft where I sent professional pictures I had taken of the car as well as the window sticker of $50k, then a list of a dozen cars that ARE on the list which cost between $22k and $35k, and pointed out my 4.9 rating, the approved it! Now, after 3 days of having it set to pick up Premier only PAX, from SJ to SF to east bay, nothing. Not one ping. And I leave it on even when delivering Uber PAX just to see what the activity level is. Meanwhile Uber Select is always decent during rush hour. Glad to see it's working for some people. Any one else have a similar experience?

UberDez

That's why Lyft is such a PITA since you can't go in and talk to people . Uber you just go to a Hub and show them your car and they can add you on to select at the person discretion .

fairsailing

Interesting, no Premier here yet either, but I am looking for a new car to replace my 07 Honda CRV. I am not intentionally buying a vehicle for Premier since Lyft driving represents a small fraction of my income and getting smaller by the day. But I have noticed the great deals on the Acura RDX, which is last gen tech, and they are having trouble moving them over the new gen CRV (which I won't buy anyway because of the CVT). I can actually pickup a RDX for less than a CRV in this market, and the RDX is on the Premier ride list. I also live near the airport, and probably could pickup Premier airport rides from my home, way too many Lyft cars hover the airport now to do that.

I have not heard of any new Premier cities lately, are they pausing their rollout....?

Snowblind

Yepp,
Premiere or Select will give you 2-3 Rides per Day, if you are lucky.
But once you nail one, it is good money.
And Premiere Folks always tip.
Good luck!