I got approved to give Premier rides on Lyft, and yesterday I gave my first two. Notes:
- When you get a Premier ping, the theme is a light blue, and it says Premier.
- The Premier pings were often longer distance away from where I was.
- I expected passengers to be gussied up, but passengers were normal. One was a guy in shorts wanting to go from Foster City to Philz Coffee in Redwood City.
- That ride from Foster City to Redwood City was an almost $40 fare, ca-ching. But it took me 15 minutes to reach him, see second bullet above.
- In addition to the two actual Premier rides that I gave, I got at least four cancellations, and one of them was simply a no-show that I got the standard $5 no-show fee for (after waiting 5 minutes and phoning twice). I think people were trying it out to see what happens, and then cancelling.