Preferences

Commonwealth

Hello im a boston driver that went to college in Bridgeport so I'm fimaliar with the area I was looking at full time jobs in the area and was wondering how is uber down there which would become part time for me. Is there uber pool? Is there the preferences setting? Here in boston the city and surrounding areas are all broken up and you can select which areas you want rides too. And how does the airport work. Is there a waiting queue and how big does it get. Boston you can use Preferences at the airport but not destination filter. I have also attached a picture of what the preferences filter looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170920-174919.png
    Screenshot_20170920-174919.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 34

Lurking

Answers intermixed below. You may need to "transfer cities", that may require 2-3 week temporary deactivation.

Hello im a boston driver that went to college in Bridgeport so I'm fimaliar with the area
Welcome back :smiles:

I was looking at full time jobs in the area and was wondering how is uber down there which would become part time for me.
Far less activity anywhere in Connecticut compared to Boston.

Is there uber pool?
No!

Is there the preferences setting?
Yes.

Here in boston the city and surrounding areas are all broken up and you can select which areas you want rides too.
Only 2 areas: Hartford county and the remainder of the state.

And how does the airport work. Is there a waiting queue and how big does it get.
Similar. Queue: yes. Size varies.

Boston you can use Preferences at the airport but not destination filter. I have also attached a picture of what the preferences filter looks like.
IDK. DF works, but never tried it at airport.

ctuber

Several of the answers above are incorrect. There are no destination preferences in CT, only vehicle class preferences, so you can select X, XL, deliveries, premium if you qualify for all of those options and toggle on/off.

There is no Uber queue at the airport, only Lyft has queue system. And yes you can use DF at the airport since it's treated like any other place.

There are 2 pay tiers, Hartford county and rest of state.

You will be sadly disappointed at your earnings compared to what Boston forum members report. Rates are lower, population and demand is much smaller. Rarely do we see any meaningful surges. No quests, no boosts, no incentives here at all.

Oh and I wouldn't change your home city since you will be in limbo for a few weeks. As a Mass driver you can drive here already so no point in changing.

JaniceCT

the pay is getting bad here. if you do uberX its flooded with people who normally would take the bus, so you get lots of short rides paying less than $6. XL really sucks now. very short rides dealing with obnoxious drunks