• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pre arranged extra long trips.

FLKeys

Be nice if Uber/Lyft would up their game a little by having an option for extra long trips.

For example drivers and riders both could post trips they need to make between different cities and the other could select them and negotiate a rate, run the trip through the ride app and let them collect their fee. I make monthly trips from the Keys to Orlando. it would be nice to split the costs with someone that needs to go as well.

The Gift of Fish

That's the kind of service that Lyft originally started out providing. Before it was Lyft, it was Zimride, a long-distance ridesharing company. It turned out that the public just wasn't interested in this type of service, though - that part of the business ended up shutting down operations and its technology was sold off to Enterprise car rentals.

I have advertised on Craigslist for pax to share the ride on the regular 500 mile trip I do. The problem is that you never know what the other people are going to be like, and the hassle of putting up with dirty, smelly pax or people who are just weird for 6, 8, 10 hours just isn't worth it for small amount of money they are prepared to pay.

FLKeys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Considered Craigslist, just not real jazzed about non prearranged trips and insurance issues.

Working4peanuts

Be nice if Uber/Lyft would up their game a little by having an option for extra long trips.

For example drivers and riders both could post trips they need to make between different cities and the other could select them and negotiate a rate, run the trip through the ride app and let them collect their fee. I make monthly trips from the Keys to Orlando. it would be nice to split the costs with someone that needs to go as well.
It's called usurv. That's what they do.

JimKE

There is an app called UZURV. It's a free app which allows pre-arrangement between drivers and riders.

To be honest, I've never had any luck with it and have installed it and uninstalled it twice. The concept is good, but the problem seems to be that there are no customers in the Miami market. There are customers in the Boca and Ft. Lauderdale markets, but I haven't seen much further south. But it might be worth a try.

FLKeys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is an app called UZURV. It's a free app which allows pre-arrangement between drivers and riders.

To be honest, I've never had any luck with it and have installed it and uninstalled it twice. The concept is good, but the problem seems to be that there are no customers in the Miami market. There are customers in the Boca and Ft. Lauderdale markets, but I haven't seen much further south. But it might be worth a try.
Thanks I'll look at it.

tohunt4me

I have had passengers sitting in my car for long trips to distant heliports to go offshore

Uber did not work.

I got $100.00 Tip on a Free Ride.

That would have cost $60.00 on Uber.

O well.
Uber does not " WORK WITH DRIVERS".

Uber Loses.