Power Zone under Lyft at Kaaboo

NCRBILL

The power zone under Kaaboo is crazy. I can just see how bad it could be around 10-12 tonight. They are really trying to kill Surge for sure.

MustangRich65

Plus they are trying to make up for the AWFUL drop off / pickup location and traffic flow. It's not worth sitting in stopped traffic on Via de la Valle .... even when it's not very busy. They had left turn into lot open earlier, but now make us go down to the coast and make a u-turn ... just to sit in MORE stopped traffic!

Dchap08

Just did a drive by. You'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 rides. The traffic is horrendous. Good luck to anyone who tries. F that place.

Dchap08

I'm sure you could get a few rides out of it, but it took me 20 minutes to get in to the lot and it's packed. It'll be a shit show as soon as it let's out. Cops have traffic control going. You just sit at green lights for 3 or 4 cycles. It'll be way to much sitting in traffic for me. Surge will be non existent. It's permanent 80% with lyft but still a pain.
Rest of SD seems really slow too. Just went 90 min with 1 ping.

Safe_Driver_4_U

It's a shi+ show took me 1hr 5 min from bay park to drop zone 25 minutes from uber station to hwy 5. Declined all trips rest of night to Del Mar. you would need 10x surge to make it out of there.

JasonB

Agree with everything everyone has said. Total and complete clusterf***.

Far worse than any previous year. Drivers can't even make it into the
dust bowl to pickup pax, so pax head out trying to hail their Uber from
Costa Del Mar, Villa de la Valle, and Jimmy Durante.

Of course, Police presence everywhere, and they are handing out tickets
to Uber drivers stopping to pick up pax outside Uber zone like candy.

40 or 50 Uber employees on hand to try and figure out a workable
traffic flow, and they still can't get it right.

What a mess. Pissed off pax, and pissed off drivers.

Null

Did you see police giving tickets to drivers for simply picking up out of zone, or were they committing actual infractions like stopping in red zones, double parking, etc?

I made people hike to me on Hwy 101 @ Via de la Valle in open 2-hour zones in full purview of the police. They didn't say anything to me. However, I did see a squad car park itself on the east side of the 101 and nobody stopped there anymore. Used that as a queue to not use that section, even though it looked legal didn't want to argue the point.

UberEsq

I bet there were a ton of ants all over the place also
Bill, with respect, it's no surprise there's a lot of "ants" at the event when it's the biggest thing going on in SD and both platforms are heavily promoting incentives and there's surge and PT. Of course there's a lot of drivers. Theres a lot of PEOPLE requesting rides. I know you're capable of more intelligent input than "I bet there's a lot of ants." You know another place where there's a lot of ants every day? The airport! Let's move on now, shall we?

Last edited:

Bungyboy

I did 4 pickups, I had all 4 pax walk out to me from the pickup area. there was one sheriffs unit parked in the middle of the street with his lights on where you turned into the pickup lot. That was really the only police presence I saw. I did not see drivers getting ticketed as they were parking anywhere and everywhere they could to pick up their passengers.

MaddMaxx

Is there even a shred of useful info here or just a big b**chfest once again?? As well as the typical lies and speculation.

So Jason ... just how many tickets did you personally see being "handed out like candy"?? 10's?... 100's? Maybe a few 1000's?? ... Or was it closer to "One Billion" !?!?

Do tell us....

Last edited:

NCRBILL

Bill, with respect, it's no surprise there's a lot of "ants" at the event when it's the biggest thing going on in SD and both platforms are heavily promoting incentives and there's surge and PT. Of course there's a lot of drivers. Theres a lot of PEOPLE requesting rides. I know you're capable of more intelligent input than "I bet there's a lot of ants." You know another place where there's a lot of ants every day? The airport! Let's move on now, shall we?
Sorry. :frown:

SurgeSurferSD

Sure wish I could have hit the 300% prime I caught while under the 200 power zone! Never seen that before.

Not 100% on this, but I think I read a while back that if it's PT in the Power Zone, you get the higher percentage, not the combined, so it would have been 300% PT.

NCRBILL

I thought Uber was going to have special Uber lanes to avoid exactly what happened ?
They did. But it was a dusty mess and very difficult to go in / out. When the police were directing traffic yesterday, the flow out of the lot was INCREADIBLE. I for one would never have gone into the lot.