• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

potential long distance trip rider

JayJay108

I need to get from Orlando to Jacksonville tomorrow morning. I've never used Uber. So I was wondering how willing are drivers to do a long trip like that. Is it even doable?

PhoenicianBlind

It's a little late but craigslist has a section catering to these kinds of requests. You can offer to pay for gas and a meal or w/e you feel. Personally id drive you on Lyft, but I'm west coast.

JayJay108

It's a little late but craigslist has a section catering to these kinds of requests. You can offer to pay for gas and a meal or w/e you feel. Personally id drive you on Lyft, but I'm west coast.
i thought about that but i figured it'd be safer getting a ride through Uber..

PhoenicianBlind

I agree with you. Personally I'd be a little sketched out to craigslist it. Try Lyft! Call your driver and just tell them up front what you'd like to do.

Worst thing is they say nope

DieselkW

I'm late for giving advice here.

I checked the Uber "how are fares calculated" page, and did a fare estimate for Orlando airport to Jacksonville center. It will cost about $135

Driver gets $108 for a 300 mile, 6 hour round trip.

That's $0.36 per mile. At 25mpg, fuel at $2.25 per gallon fuel alone is going to cost the poor guy 9 cents a mile.

So, if he wants to take this trip, it's going to pay him twenty seven cents per mile. $81.00 for 6 hours, or $13/hour.

Shine'ola

oh I miss Uber Highway when you could get a trip with a flat fee of like $79 from Orlando to Tampa