Potential jobs everywhere

UberHoax

So a thought crossed my mind that I'm sure others have disucussed... The taxi industry used to be considered respectable. I never thought it would go below like 12/hr pay. Uber managed to turn it into a minimum wage job w/o benefits. And this is with pax' safety on the line.

So why doesn't another investor and business person do the same with lots of other chores, jobs, and industries? Sure, these jobs will now go below minimum wage, but who needs wage standards when everyone is a contractor? Here are some that come to mind. No need to plan ahead, just request thru your app and someone will appear in a few minutes or else they get terminated...

Waitress
Dishwasher
Babysitter
Lawn Care
House cleaning
Massage
Laundry service
Food shopping
Errands
Cook your lunch/dinner for the family at your house; just leave the instructions on the counter
Take care of you when you have the flu, cold, food poisoning
Data Entry
Excel/Word
Computer help

...Pretty much anything you don't want to do, request it thru the app...

Why have standards, just let anyone do it. No need for safety concerns either.

grams777

Author
So a thought crossed my mind that I'm sure others have disucussed... The taxi industry used to be considered respectable. I never thought it would go below like 12/hr pay. Uber managed to turn it into a minimum wage job w/o benefits. And this is with pax' safety on the line.

So why doesn't another investor and business person do the same with lots of other chores, jobs, and industries? Sure, these jobs will now go below minimum wage, but who needs wage standards when everyone is a contractor? Here are some that come to mind. No need to plan ahead, just request thru your app and someone will appear in a few minutes or else they get terminated...

Waitress
Dishwasher
Babysitter
Lawn Care
House cleaning
Massage
Laundry service
Food shopping
Errands
Cook your lunch/dinner for the family at your house; just leave the instructions on the counter
Data Entry
Excel/Word
Computer help

One is launching starting in Nashville this month called takl. Supposedly they will be rolling out to other cities later. They're already doing orientations and should be live within a couple of weeks.

image.png

image.jpeg

There is no insurance provided for the contractor even though they appeared to be charging the customer a safety fee. So if you mess something up, takl will fix the problem and then come after you for the cost. That's quite a bit of liability to assume for lower than contractor rates with them taking about 30% of the rate plus the safety fee.

Last edited:

rtaatl

Waitress
Dishwasher
Babysitter
Lawn Care
House cleaning
Massage
Laundry service
Food shopping
Errands
Data Entry
Excel/Word
Computer help

Wow...just reinstate slavery in the name of capitolism. Yeah, way to go *smirk*

PTCGUY

Another one for the list - prostitution. Oh wait, Uber already has an app for that.