potential corona virus report from oxford this a.m. by student who took an uber

acrossthecity

Miami University Oxford (OH) reported early this morning that a girl that flew back in from China to cvg..they believe she has the corona virus ,she has symptoms consistent with the corona virus.

One of the people quarantined stated she took an uber back to oxford from the cvg airport , it was around 3 a.m. that she took the uber. I have no further details on date...

Once it is fully confirmed thru more testing, the miami university posted on the university site that they will announce results if it is confirmed as corona.

They are in interim checking the plane manifest to see who was onboard. There is another student wanting to go to the hospital. No doubt they are scared.

Thoughts? Why has uber mentioned no precautionary measures...to drivers about safety precautions since this has been increasing worldwide?

link:

Last edited:

Rae

Why? Because its hysterical nonsense.

I am more worried about a flu, pneumonia or similar illness from the disgusting pax who get in my car snotting sniffling & sneezing on me without covering their face. Gross.

The corona virus hysteria did make me realize that I could put a paper mask in a ziplock in the glovebox to use as needed. A couple times people were horribly sick with repiratory issues, one said he had just started antibiotics that day(as he was hacking into my face). If I had a mask I would have used it

ntcindetroit

It's a declared WAR on COVID-19 now in some Asian states. Is it discrimination to refuse a ride request for the COVID-19 virus carrier(s)?

Patrick R Oboyle

I am more worried about a flu, pneumonia or similar illness from the disgusting pax who get in my car snotting sniffling & sneezing on me without covering their face. Gross.

The corona virus hysteria did make me realize that I could put a paper mask in a ziplock in the glovebox to use as needed. A couple times people were horribly sick with repiratory issues, one said he had just started antibiotics that day(as he was hacking into my face). If I had a mask I would have used it
Hmmm.. Im not saying to be worried. But, they have the flu in china too. NEVER seen any country go on full 100% lockdown over a flu fear.?.

Okay.. Sure... Maybe this covid-19 isjt anything to worry about. Sure.... Sure...

Why is china acting the way they are? And mind you... Covid is IN china sooooo they know more than anyother country about whats really going on.

Based on chinas own actions. I think it would he prudent to take precautions regarding your health.

Never seen doctors were hazmat suits to treat your for the flu. Very odd that the doctors and nurses in china on the FRONTLINE are wearing full on hazmat suits.

Hmmmm? Use some common sense on this one guy.

melusine3

I picked up a pax from an urgent care center, said he had "food poisoning." I knew he was lying, just drove the 10 minutes to his hotel and then drove away with all windows down. I came down with the flu, got an anti-viral from my doc and was good to go. Lost a day, however. The problem is, he wasn't sneezing, snotting, coughing, or anything. My being trapped in a car with him, however, did the job. So glad I'm no longer driving.

acrossthecity

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Miami University Oxford (OH) reported early this morning that a girl that flew back in from China to cvg..they believe she has the corona virus ,she has symptoms consistent with the corona virus.

One of the people quarantined stated she took an uber back to oxford from the cvg airport , it was around 3 a.m. that she took the uber. I have no further details on date...

Once it is fully confirmed thru more testing, the miami university posted on the university site that they will announce results if it is confirmed as corona.

They are in interim checking the plane manifest to see who was onboard. There is another student wanting to go to the hospital. No doubt they are scared.

Thoughts? Why has uber mentioned no precautionary measures...to drivers about safety precautions since this has been increasing worldwide?

link:
Testing was negative.